PDA

View Full Version : Help me out!

318-Bmw
08-25-2004, 02:44 PM
I know that this probably should be under the DETAILING section, but I thought I'd get more answers here. I just quit my job at the detail place, so now I'm not going to get everything free anymore. I need some good detail products to keep the car shining now that I have to do it myself. I think I'm going to buy a pressure washer for my wheels, because it takes FOREVER to hand clean them. I want to get tire shine that STAYS SHINY for at least awile (I've used so many tire dressings that are shiny to begin with, and then 10 minutes later its back to where I started.) I also want to put a glaze on my rims.... I've heard KLASSE SG is the best. :dunno: I need a good wax that will really protect my paint (already have a buffer). If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. Again sorry for posting this here but I need some answers quick.

Alex Baumann
08-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Don't worry, you'll get your answers very quick there too :)

Alex Baumann
08-25-2004, 02:53 PM
Now to the answers.

Pressure washer is a cool thing. But you'll always end up cleaning the wheels by hand.

Tire shire that stays is Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss. (it smells great too)

Use a polymere sealant on the wheels. They will resist the heat better than the average wax. Yes, Klasse is a good product to use on the wheels.

Again, you can use Klasse on the paint too. It's durable and easy to apply too.

318-Bmw
08-25-2004, 02:57 PM
Awesome, thanks Alex! At least I got an answer b4 I got moved lol. Pressure washers work amazingly on my wheels. You don't even have to touch them after you spray them down. Saves ALOT of time. The only thing is, I'd probably have to be careful or I'd take off the sealant everytime I pressure washed them. :confused:

Desertnate
08-25-2004, 02:58 PM
I will second the advise on the Klasse. I have used carnuba for a few years now, but an experiment on my wifes car with Klasse has made me a convert. When the carnuba runs out, it will be gone for good...or at least until I get the carnuba itch again :eeps:

On your wheels I would use the Klasse All in One as apposed to just the SG. I don't know if the SG would adhear real well without AIO under it.

Desertnate
08-25-2004, 02:59 PM
Saves ALOT of time. The only thing is, I'd probably have to be careful or I'd take off the sealant everytime I pressure washed them. :confused:

That's the big problem. My wheels don't really take all that long by hand. :dunno:

Alex Baumann
08-25-2004, 03:02 PM
My wheels don't really take all that long by hand. :dunno:

No pressure washer, no brush, nothing will clean my wheels, but only hand cleaning :rolleyes:

318-Bmw
08-25-2004, 03:30 PM
Awww man that sucks Alex. I HATE cleaning my wheels by hand ughhh :mad:

Artslinger
08-25-2004, 08:07 PM
P21S Shampoo (MF Wash Mitt)
P21S Wheel Cleaner (sponge)
BLACKFIRE PolyClay
Griots Machine Polish 3 and 2 (RO)
Klasse All in One (RO)
P21S Carnauba Wax (Hand)