PDA

View Full Version : quick detail spray with Klasse

jeff330i
08-25-2004, 06:34 PM
I'm planning on doing a full Klasse job on my car soon, however the application guide that the Klasse came with suggests using Eagle One Wet Wipe 'n Shine, Meguire's 34 Final Inspection, or Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearl. Is it OK to use Meguire's Quick Detailer? Its so much more readily available i'm surprised they didn't just list that as well. Plus I still have more left from my clay bar and I don't want to have to hunt down/spend $ on another detail spray.

Malachi
08-25-2004, 08:52 PM
I'm planning on doing a full Klasse job on my car soon, however the application guide that the Klasse came with suggests using Eagle One Wet Wipe 'n Shine, Meguire's 34 Final Inspection, or Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearl. Is it OK to use Meguire's Quick Detailer? Its so much more readily available i'm surprised they didn't just list that as well. Plus I still have more left from my clay bar and I don't want to have to hunt down/spend $ on another detail spray.

Yes, using Megs QD is fine. They probably recommended #34 because it has no silicones that could impede any work a body shop may try to do to your car.

I would recommend that you consider buying some SONUS Acrylic Spritz (autopia.com). It is not a QD per se, but acts like a wax booster. I tend to apply it after a car wash.

Kaz
08-25-2004, 08:57 PM
What are you trying to do with the QD spray WRT Klasse? :confused:

BahnBaum
08-25-2004, 09:10 PM
I would recommend that you consider buying some SONUS Acrylic Spritz (autopia.com). It is not a QD per se, but acts like a wax booster. I tend to apply it after a car wash.

I swear by SONUS as a QD'er for my SG. Adds a nice pop after a wash.

Alex

jeff330i
08-25-2004, 09:26 PM
What are you trying to do with the QD spray WRT Klasse? :confused:

i thought it was suggested to spray the microfibre appilicator with DQ before buffing the Klasse in?

Mr. The Edge
08-25-2004, 09:28 PM
i thought it was suggested to spray the microfibre appilicator with DQ before buffing the Klasse in?

just for the very first time the applicator hits the paint. You can just use anything--even water.

After the initial spray the applicator will be damp from the Klasse

Uber330i
08-25-2004, 09:41 PM
just for the very first time the applicator hits the paint. You can just use anything--even just water.

After the initial spray the applicator will be damp from the Klasse

You know, now that you say that it makes perfect sense . . . I read the Faragasso interview on Classic and took that process to be repetitive . . .but yeah I guess the applicator is wet after the first time. . . umm I'm glad someone around here has some common sense. :thumbup:

Kaz
08-25-2004, 10:11 PM
I've never bothered reading any of these 'special tricks' simply because Klasse works great without any messing around. Aty is right, it just needs to be damp. When I start, the applicator is simply damp from having been rinsed out.

Malachi
08-26-2004, 06:26 AM
I swear by SONUS as a QD'er for my SG. Adds a nice pop after a wash.

Alex

Well, I am not sure except that DavidB and the bottle both state that it is not a QD :dunno:

The product does not really leave the surface slick like some other QD, so I am wondering if does not have the same lubricating traits as a QD thus may cause micro marring if not used on a perfectly clean surface :dunno:

mscoins
08-26-2004, 07:23 AM
I dampen the microfiber applicator with Meguiar's 34 between each application of Klasse with good results. Sonus is a great QD after each wash, as well as after applying Klasse.

BahnBaum
08-26-2004, 08:10 AM
Well, I am not sure except that DavidB and the bottle both state that it is not a QD :dunno:

The product does not really leave the surface slick like some other QD, so I am wondering if does not have the same lubricating traits as a QD thus may cause micro marring if not used on a perfectly clean surface :dunno:

There's a sizeable contingent of detailing freaks on autopia.org who swear by SONUS as a QD on top of SG...

Alex

Desertnate
08-26-2004, 08:13 AM
I use the Sonus Spritz as a QD. Since I am a noob to the whole Klasse experience, I have also used it to patch up places I missed while buffing out the SG. After a day or so, the stuff is really hard to buff out, but the Sonus did the trick :thumbup:

Desertnate
08-26-2004, 08:14 AM
There's a sizeable contingent of detailing freaks on autopia.org who swear by SONUS as a QD on top of SG...

Alex

I read that and found the same information on another site totaly unrelated to autopia.

jvr826
08-26-2004, 08:28 AM
I use Sonus Spritz also, with Klasse. If I have a carnuba product on there (P21S) i use One Grand Show Off. Sonus Spritz is intended for use with synthetics, at least that is what I read. And it's awesome stuff too. Really puts the extra finishing touch after a wash and dry.

DRWWE
08-26-2004, 09:07 AM
I use Meguiar's final inspection to moisten the applicator when using Klasse and for touch-ups between waxings.

I find that, when using my PC random orbital, the pads tend to dry out so I will spray then lightly about a third of the way through my detail with Klasse AIO (I did the full job yesterday and the car looks great).

:thumbup:

Malachi
08-26-2004, 04:49 PM

Alex

Hmm, I will check it out. Thanks!

OK, I made a mistake, what I should have written a few post back was that Sonus Acrylic Glanz (which is designed to be used over SG) is not designed to be a QD but a AIO/SG booster. The Sonus Acrylic Spritz (for carnuba tops) is considered a QD. My bad, sorry. Is this consistent with what you have read?