PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of this: "Farecla black top"

Fifty_Cent
08-28-2004, 12:48 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=575 align=center border=0>Is it ok to use on metallic black colour?*******><TR><TD>Black Top Product Information </TD></TR><TR><TD>http://www.farecla.com/photos//Pictures/Automotive/Finishing2/BT%20Range2.jpg High performance glaze for hand application. Provides a durable, high gloss, showroom finish whilst still allowing fresh paint to "breathe" and fully cure.

Features and Benefits:
Does not dry out in use, even in direct sunlight.
Contains water repellent properties
Provides a long lasting high gloss finish - even withstanding the final valet wash.
Easy to apply and clean off - does not dry on the panel.
Quick and economical to use - only a small amount of product is needed.
VOC free.

For use with:
For Application - Mutton Cloth
For Buffing - Finishing Cloth

For use on:
High Solids Paintwork
Medium Solids/Air dried & low bake
Cellulose Paintwork
OEM Paintwork

<TABLE>*******><TR><TD width=130>Product</TD><TD align=middle width=110>Product Code</TD><TD align=middle width=90>Pack Size</TD><TD align=middle width=130>Carton Quantity</TD><TD align=middle width=90>VOC Content</TD></TR>********></TABLE>
<TABLE>*******><TR><TD width=130>Small Bottle</TD><TD align=middle width=110>BT-500</TD><TD align=middle width=90>500ml</TD><TD align=middle width=130>12</TD><TD align=middle width=90>Nil</TD></TR>********></TABLE>
<TABLE>*******><TR><TD width=130>Large Bottle</TD><TD align=middle width=110>BT-1000</TD><TD align=middle width=90>1 litre</TD><TD align=middle width=130>6</TD><TD align=middle width=90>Nil</TD></TR>********></TABLE>

Commodity Codes and Packing Details (http://www.farecla.com/index2.asp?id=110&stage=Commodity Codes and Packing Information&set=4)
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- Previous Page --><!-- Next Page --></TD></TR><!-- end sections detail --><TR><TD class=bodyText width=575><!-- sections detail --><TABLE border=0>*******><TR><TD></TD><TD class=sectionLink>Black Top - How to use (http://www.farecla.com/index2.asp?id=337&stage=Black Top - How to use&set=4) </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD class=sectionLink>Black Top MSDS [download file] (http://www.farecla.com/photos/pdf/automotive/black%20top.pdf) </TD></TR>********></TABLE><!-- end sections detail --></TD></TR>********></TABLE>

TOGWT
08-30-2004, 08:25 AM
~ One man’s opinion / observations ~

For a freshly re-painted vehicle a ‘paint able’ glaze allows the solvents to outgas (paint does not breath) until the paint’s solvents are cured and then a wax and/or sealant can be applied to provide the new paint protection

This type of glaze is an emulsion formulated from polymer resin and Carnauba wax that `fills in' small paint surface scratches, abrasions and swirl marks, without removing them.

Sometimes called Show Glaze as it's a purely aesthetic product as it's filling abilities usually wear off in a matter of days before the surface abrasions become visible again, washing the paint film surface will accelerate this process.

When you've used this product let us know how it works out for you

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon

Fifty_Cent
08-30-2004, 12:55 PM
~ One man***8217;s opinion / observations ~

For a freshly re-painted vehicle a ***8216;paint able***8217; glaze allows the solvents to outgas (paint does not breath) until the paint***8217;s solvents are cured and then a wax and/or sealant can be applied to provide the new paint protection

This type of glaze is an emulsion formulated from polymer resin and Carnauba wax that `fills in' small paint surface scratches, abrasions and swirl marks, without removing them.

Sometimes called Show Glaze as it's a purely aesthetic product as it's filling abilities usually wear off in a matter of days before the surface abrasions become visible again, washing the paint film surface will accelerate this process.

When you've used this product let us know how it works out for you

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon
Here's how it works:

1. Paint feels much smoother. Black looks "more black".
2. Clear laquer scratches NOT removed. Now are more visible.
3. Swirl marks only hidden, but not really removed. I expect them to return in a day or two.

This thing is dangerous....I felt quite sick after aplying it. Never hapened to me before. It is like I have the flu or something. I certainly wont be using it again.

Maybe some safe caurnaba products.

So FARECLA F*** Y**!