PDA

View Full Version : Question For The Griots Machine Polish Users

DN325CI
08-28-2004, 08:52 PM
Guys,

Had my first experience today with Griot's Machine Polish #1. It did a fantastic job on an old, quite oxidized paint job. I was really blown away with the results - I thought nothing could fix that paint.

My question is, do you guys get a good result when following up with Machine Polish #3, or do I really need to use #2 then #3? Just would like to save time if possible.

Thanks!
Don

bren
08-29-2004, 08:52 AM
#3 is so gentle that I doubt it will work on its own. My guess is you'll end up having to redo the job starting with #2 and then going back to #3 and it'll take far longer.

DN325CI
08-29-2004, 11:51 AM
#3 is so gentle that I doubt it will work on its own. My guess is you'll end up having to redo the job starting with #2 and then going back to #3 and it'll take far longer.

Yeah, maybe I'll just try #3 on a section and see if it works out. I was just reading Griots description on their web page:

"Always start with our mildest polish, Machine Polish 3, and repeat if necessary. It lets you eliminate as many scratches as you desire. Want quicker results? Drop down to Machine 2, or our Machine 1 if need be, then finish up with Machine 3."

I guess I'll just have to try.

Thanks,
Don