PDA

View Full Version : Desporate M3 ( E 30 )

abbamt
08-29-2004, 03:52 AM
I wonder who can help with these two problems that have been dogging my E30 M3.

1./ It is to overheating. This started when I lost the water coolant from a leaking radiator and water pump and the car reached excessive heat and I did not notice in time.

I have changed both but ever since then, it overheats when ever I push the car to speed or stationary.

Is there something else that was affected from that first overheating that I have missed and yet to fix, besides the water pump and radiator?

Please help. I have not been able to find a solution to this problem from any workshop, including the BMW approved one, but then these guys here in Nigeria, ( BMW), are more interested in finding excuses to bill you without finding a solution. They are only good for routine service.

2./ The front wheels, also wobble and feel like they are bouncing when braking and at speeds between 80 120 km/h. I have changed the bearings, tie rods, connecting rods, track control arms and the tyres but to no avail.

Springs are the next I am thinking of.

Any ideas please anyone?

operknockity
08-29-2004, 12:36 PM
Those subjects are more appropriate in the General, 3 Series, M Series, or the DIY forums rather than the Detailing forum.... Would some kind moderator please move this to a mroe appropriate forum?