PDA

View Full Version : whats the difference between all these mf towels?

jeff330i
09-01-2004, 01:17 PM
i've been using the same same mf towel now for probably a year (i know, i know I'm not OCD like many) so its time to get a new supply. I was looking at this site
http://store.yahoo.com/autopia/towels---chamois.html
and it has buffing, polishing and drying towels. OK i understand drying towels, but what is the difference between buffing and polishing towels??

TOGWT
09-02-2004, 06:53 AM
~ One manís opinion / observations ~

The difference is in the weave (nap) of the towel, flat for buffing, slightly raised to provide abrasion(bite) for polishing

Polishing- The gentle waffle pattern gives this towel plenty of bite for polishing and waxing, yet it doesn't smear waxes like so many of the super-soft microfiber towels. The SonŁs Ultimate Detailing Towel is an 80/20 blend of polyester and polamide with a tufted pile loop. The tufted waffle pattern makes this towel 100% scratch-free on even the most delicate car finishes.

Buffing-
They are smooth and virtually flat, giving the towel very low surface resistance; as a result, the CBT is as scratch-free as any towel could possibly be. This is a final buff and quick detailing towel; the large terry loops ensure safe buffing by pulling dust particles and dry wax away from your carís paint into the nap of the towel.

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon