PDA

View Full Version : Alpine White - Do Anything Different?

phita23
09-05-2004, 11:15 PM
My car is Alpine White color. Do I do anything different in general, especially detailing, compared to dark colored cars?

alpinewhite325i
09-06-2004, 09:24 AM
My car is Alpine White color. Do I do anything different in general, especially detailing, compared to dark colored cars?

I would just recommend frequent washes in addition to waxing every 4 months or so. If you don't wash frequently, you'll notice staining (especially ones that run down the ground effects).

phita23
09-06-2004, 09:29 AM
What kind of soap should I use? Is dishwashing detergent ok, like Dawn?

BahnBaum
09-06-2004, 09:51 AM
What kind of soap should I use? Is dishwashing detergent ok, like Dawn?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Detailing pros use Dawn to strip everything off of a car before they begin a full detail!

Alex

Fzara2000
09-06-2004, 09:55 AM

Detailing pros use Dawn to strip everything off of a car before they begin a full detail!

Alex

Haha. I would use some good quality car wash towels to clean your car(sheepskin) and microfiber towels to clean the water off the car later on.

phita23
09-06-2004, 10:12 AM

Alex

So what if I use dawn then wax the car? What should I use when I don't plan on waxing after a wash?

SteveT
09-06-2004, 11:50 AM
So what if I use dawn then wax the car? What should I use when I don't plan on waxing after a wash?

BahnBaum is right to react to a normal wash with Dawn. If you want to remove everything, then wax, it's ok to use Dawn for that. I haven't done anything different with my AW, but I do wash it almost weekly and have used Zaino for waxing.

mscoins
09-06-2004, 12:57 PM
To clean the exterior, I use Meguiar's Car Wash 62 and a sheepskin wash mitt, Big Blue microfiber towels for drying, followed by Sonus Spritz QD. Every six months or so, I clay bar, apply Klasse AIO and SG, followed by Sonus QD. Klasse/Sonus produces a crisp, clean shine on Alpine White.

FenPhen
09-07-2004, 12:47 AM
After the Dawn, wash it with a good regular car wash soap (specifically for cars) to make sure all the Dawn is gone before you start applying wax.

Mantis
09-11-2004, 06:57 PM
Dish washing liquid is best left in the kitchen.

Use high quality car wash soap.Maguires,Mothers,etc.

FenPhen
09-11-2004, 07:22 PM
Dish washing liquid is best left in the kitchen.

Use high quality car wash soap.Maguires,Mothers,etc.
The reason for using Dawn is because it strips waxes/sealants. You'd use a car wash soap, on the other hand, because it should clean the car but NOT strip off wax.