PDA

View Full Version : how obsessive is this?

04.325ci
09-07-2004, 05:08 PM
So I finally got around to washing tropical storm Frances off my car. You'd think I'd learn after I did the same thing after hurricane charley...but no, I decided to wash my car at dusk. We already had standing water from the storm, so I pretty much knew I was gonna get bitten by mosquitoes. But I washed my car anyways. So my car is clean, but my legs have mosquito bites all over them. I guess I am willing to sacrifice my personal comfort for the cleanliness of my automobile. VENT OVER.

BahnBaum
09-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Let's see:

My car stays garaged.... with a cover on it. I've pulled over to wipe fresh bird crap off of my hood, using my trunk detail kit. I refuse to put that ugly electronic toll sticker on the rear pax window, so instead of getting through my toll for $6/year, I pay $4/trip about once a week.

No, don't worry about it. You're perfectly normal.

Alex

Tanning machine
09-07-2004, 06:41 PM
So my car is clean, but my legs have mosquito bites all over them. I guess I am willing to sacrifice my personal comfort for the cleanliness of my automobile. VENT OVER.

May I suggest:

http://www.mosquitoes.com/i/prod_deepwds.jpg

Stay anal, but save your legs.

TOGWT
09-08-2004, 07:54 AM
~One man’s opinion / observations~

I’m hoping that Ivan will be as ‘kind’ to us as Frances was, glad to see you made it through without any problems…

~Hope this helps~

Tanning machine
09-08-2004, 09:00 AM
BTW, what is a toll sticker? Is it like EZPAss, but somehow worse? The EZPass velcro attachments seem to pop off the windshield without any great difficulty, if necessary.

BahnBaum
09-08-2004, 11:00 AM
BTW, what is a toll sticker? Is it like EZPAss, but somehow worse? The EZPass velcro attachments seem to pop off the windshield without any great difficulty, if necessary.

No, it's different from EZ Pass. We have a toll bridge that runs parallel to I-95 and charges $4 one way to go through it; it separates my town from another little town on the northern banks of the Susquehanna River. Years ago, when the instituted the tolls, they wanted to encourage people to shop on both sides of the river, so residents were able to purchase an annual pass for $6 to get back and forth across the bridge.

Its one of those black bar coded stickers that you put on your window, about the size of a 3x5 card.

Alex

Alex Baumann
09-08-2004, 11:08 AM
You're perfectly normal.

:D

During the early days after taking the delivery, I was going down to the garage to smell the Nappa leather in Barney. :eeps:

Tanning machine
09-08-2004, 11:26 AM
Its one of those black bar coded stickers that you put on your window, about the size of a 3x5 card.

Alex

Oh, okay--i've seen those, I think. I thought those had something to do with rental cars--I'd always wondered. What a PITA that you have to use one. Can't you affix it with tape or something, so it's easy to remove?

flashinthepan
09-08-2004, 04:43 PM
So I finally got around to washing tropical storm Frances off my car. You'd think I'd learn after I did the same thing after hurricane charley...but no, I decided to wash my car at dusk. We already had standing water from the storm, so I pretty much knew I was gonna get bitten by mosquitoes. But I washed my car anyways. So my car is clean, but my legs have mosquito bites all over them. I guess I am willing to sacrifice my personal comfort for the cleanliness of my automobile. VENT OVER.

So is it true Mosquito's are the size of birds in Forida ??

04.325ci
09-08-2004, 06:03 PM
So is it true Mosquito's are the size of birds in Forida ??
not quite the size of birds, but i think there are these gigantic mosquitos that actually eat other mosquitos. Don't remember what they are called though. The worst bug in FL is without a doubt the love bugs. I'm sure its been discussed before, but those damn bugs are the worst!

cantona7
09-28-2004, 10:52 AM
I don't know about the EZPass that you guys have in DC, but in Boston we have FastLane which uses a similar velcro-type attachment. The velcro is actually very hardy in our units, but the actual Fastlane unit is white, which makes it stand out when you look at the car. I've always hated this big white square at the top of my windshield. What I did was pry the velcro attachments off. Then I went to the hardware store and bought some black colored industrial-strength velcro. I cut the velecro to make sure that it covered the entire back surface of my EZPass unit and stuck it at the top of the windshield where the tint strip is. Now the big white square is gone and the unit is virtually invisible from outside the car.