PDA

View Full Version : Black magic wax?

Radioactive Guy
09-23-2004, 06:16 PM
Lame me just bought some black magic wax before reading these threads. Just wondering what people thought about it? I have a new 2004 black 330 Ci ZHP, literally 2 months old (pre-ordered).

Thanks in advance.

RG

Radioactive Guy
09-23-2004, 07:33 PM
Ok, I put on the wax, but it's leaving a minor "oily" residue that I can't seem to take off. What's the best material to get that off?

LDV330i
09-23-2004, 07:41 PM
Ok, I put on the wax, but it's leaving a minor "oily" residue that I can't seem to take off. What's the best material to get that off? Are you talking about getting the oily residue off or taking the wax entirely?:dunno:

If you want to rid of the wax entirely, wash the car with Dawn. That will strip everything off the car.

Radioactive Guy
09-24-2004, 01:33 AM
Well, got one of them microfiber cloths...did the trick perfectly! Actually, the Black Magic wax isn't all that bad...though I don't have much to compare with other than Turtle Wax! LOL! :rolleyes:

TOGWT
09-24-2004, 06:39 AM
~One mans opinion / observations~

Paints from different (Dupont, PPG, etc) manufacturers do not favour one wax over another; there is no factual basis for a special wax or sealant formulated for a specific vehicle model, nor custom coloured waxes with pigment dyes to mach original paint (the clear coat is applied for both protection of the colour coat and to give it depth. If you apply a non-clear wax or sealant, or a custom coloured wax it will only mute the paints colour and depth of shine.

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon