PDA

View Full Version : Camp In An X3?

euro-d
09-30-2004, 09:00 AM
Can the seats fold in a way to make beds for two (like in some SUVs)?

LeucX3
09-30-2004, 09:21 AM
Can the seats fold in a way to make beds for two (like in some SUVs)?
The seats fold flat all the way. Depends on how much you like the other person. :p

I'm sure if you go for a test drive, it woudln't be too strange to fold them flat and hop in.

euro-d
09-30-2004, 09:40 AM
The seats fold flat all the way. Depends on how much you like the other person. :p

I'm sure if you go for a test drive, it woudln't be too strange to fold them flat and hop in.

Can you recline the front seats back flat while the rear seat is also folded, or would you have to both squeeze into the narrow cargo area?

LeucX3
09-30-2004, 09:51 AM
Can you recline the front seats back flat while the rear seat is also folded, or would you have to both squeeze into the narrow cargo area?
I don't think you can do that. Go for a test drive, they're fun.

Desertnate
09-30-2004, 10:39 AM
Um...why don't you just use the cargo area of the vehicle to haul a small tent, an air matress/foam pad (if you don't like sleeping on the ground) and sleeping bags. Would be much more comfortable I would think :dunno:

euro-d
09-30-2004, 11:38 AM
Um...why don't you just use the cargo area of the vehicle to haul a small tent, an air matress/foam pad (if you don't like sleeping on the ground) and sleeping bags. Would be much more comfortable I would think :dunno:

It would be nice if we could just sleep inside the vehicle once a week or so while out in the countryside when we tour Europe without having to tote around tents and sleeping bags to sleep outside.

johntchow
09-30-2004, 03:35 PM
I don't think you can do that. Go for a test drive, they're fun.

have u tried reclining your rear seat backs? they do not recline flat.... they recline at an angle maybe like 15 degrees. i know this for a fact because mine are almost always reclined because i put my labrador puppy back there and he is always sliding down because the rear seat backs are angled.

and recently helping my sister move back to school we packed up my parents' X3 and their back seats recline at an angle too... so unless im missing something... it is NOT flat.

carlos
09-30-2004, 08:10 PM
i guess i'm one of those rare x3 drivers who actually uses their x3's for outdoorsy stuff...

so i raced a 12 hour mountain bike race from 7PM to 7AM. Instead of going straight home, I opted to go to sleep in the back of my car until i was rested. Fold the rear seats down, grab a pillow and blanket and your golden... I'm ~6'0".

LeucX3
10-01-2004, 08:39 AM
i guess i'm one of those rare x3 drivers who actually uses their x3's for outdoorsy stuff...

so i raced a 12 hour mountain bike race from 7PM to 7AM. Instead of going straight home, I opted to go to sleep in the back of my car until i was rested. Fold the rear seats down, grab a pillow and blanket and your golden... I'm ~6'0".
Besides carrying a lot of stuff around...probably. :)