PDA

View Full Version : P21S paint cleanser..a good polish?

Fifty_Cent
10-01-2004, 05:58 AM
I am trying to get rid of the swirl marks on my car and give it a good shiny finish, but unfortunately I didnt manage to find a good caurnaba wax over here in Cyprus.

I got a "good " deal about a package kit, from the polishing company that is located in the UK.
it includes:
P21S Polish
and Wax Kit
P21S Gloss Enhancing Polish and Carnauba Wax to put the showroom shine back on your paintwork.

***8226; Paint Cleanser
***8226; Concours Look Wax
***8226; Microfibre Polish Applicator
***8226; Microfibre Cloth
Complete kit £42.50+ 10 delivery to Cyprus via registered 1st class european mail.

total 52.50 UK pounds, which is around $100.

Another option is to go for something like the 3M hand glaze, which I have used before to good effect. Really does this contain caurnaba??? It gave my car a good shine though.

Last option is to go for something like Autoglym.

TOGWT
10-01-2004, 08:34 AM
~One mans opinion / observations~

P21S is a good paint cleaner type polish, dependant upon how ‘bad’ the swirl marks are?
Autoglym sell a Paint Renovator that is a little stronger than P21S, might be an option

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon

Elwood
10-01-2004, 10:09 AM
This is the kit I got at the begining of the year
http://www.bavauto.com/assets/imglib500/acs_p21s.jpg

The wax is almost gone
Cleanser is 3/4 full
wheel cleaner..pfft gone long time ago
Bodywork soap 1/4 left (I only use with cleanser)

The "Paint cleanser" is more of a paint cleaner then a polish but it does a nice job. Since there isn't much Bodywork soap, I save it for when I do a cleansing.

The wax is absolutely gorgeous and it's the easiest thing to apply/remove. Truly usefull part of the kit is the Wax & Cleanser The soap is close call.

Not bad for a $50 kit but for $100 :yikes: might want to find something local

You can count cones in the reflection :D
http://patmedia.net/mmarv/1026s.jpg

Nick325xiT 5spd
10-01-2004, 10:11 AM
the paint cleanser won't do **** to swirls. it does a nice job cleaning the paint, but it is NOT a polish.

Fifty_Cent
10-02-2004, 02:37 AM
the paint cleanser won't do **** to swirls. it does a nice job cleaning the paint, but it is NOT a polish.A, thanks guys. I ll just buy the wax on line then, and maybe I ll use the Autoglym Super REsin polish to polish the car.(its a polymer polish, hope its good) I can get the polish from my gas station.

I can then apply the wax and hope that it will be shinning again.