PDA

View Full Version : X3 On-Board Computer

euro-d
10-01-2004, 09:28 AM
What are the 4 additional functions you get when you order the optional 4 function on-board computer on an X3 2.5i?

LeucX3
10-01-2004, 10:43 AM
Outside Temp
Average fuel economy
Average speed
Miles till empty

I think that's all of them.

I realize you're just doing you're homework on here so that you can be knowledgable when you go to the dealer, but when are you going to do that?

euro-d
10-01-2004, 10:55 AM
Outside Temp
Average fuel economy
Average speed
Miles till empty

I realize you're just doing you're homework on here so that you can be knowledgable when you go to the dealer, but when are you going to do that?

When the '05 models are physically on the dealer lots.

Outside temp would be kind of nice, but I can live without the rest, so I'll probably pass on it. The less unneeded gadgets, the better if I plan to keep the X3 longterm.
I need Steptronic for driving in heavy bumper to bumper city traffic and cruise control for freeway driving and the panorama roof and premium stereo will be very enjoyable on a daily basis, but no power seats, power folding mirrors, heated seats, parking distance control, swivelling xenons, nav systems, servotronic steering or other items that will make out of warranty repair unnecessarily expensive down the road.

X5M5
10-01-2004, 05:13 PM
I'm surprised you want cruise....with all the traffic on the highways these days I BARELY used cruise control anymore, only late at night or early in the morning.

pjo1966
10-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Outside Temp
Average fuel economy
Average speed
Miles till empty

Do you know if you can reset the average fuel economy indicator? I like to reset it with each tankful so I can track mileage better.

sfca-325i
10-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Do you know if you can reset the average fuel economy indicator? I like to reset it with each tankful so I can track mileage better.

When the avg mpg has been selected, depress and hold down the OBC button. The display will change to "- - -", which resets the computer. Ditto for the avg MPH readout.

LeucX3
10-04-2004, 12:15 PM
When the avg mpg has been selected, depress and hold down the OBC button. The display will change to "- - -", which resets the computer. Ditto for the avg MPH readout.
I'm sure you could find more tips and tricks in the owner's manual.

And yeah, i always reset everything every time i fill up the tank.

ssmv650
10-04-2004, 05:35 PM
I have a base 2.5 with steptronic. My car already shows the outside temp on the dash.

SSMV650 :)