PDA

View Full Version : Performance center delivery?

JakeInVa
10-02-2004, 11:32 AM
Has anybody taken performance center delivery of an X3 (or any other BMW)? Any info on the cost of this option, and whether it was worth it? Seems more feasible to me than does ED.

Thanks,

JAke

ProcyonB
10-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Has anybody taken performance center delivery of an X3 (or any other BMW)? Any info on the cost of this option, and whether it was worth it? Seems more feasible to me than does ED.

Thanks,

JAke

ED isn't that bad -- you even get a free ticket to Munich. :)

bren
10-02-2004, 12:07 PM
The only cost associated with PC delivery is getting yourself there. My wife and I took delivery of our M3 at the PC and it was well worth it. I would recommend it to everyone.

PropellerHead
10-02-2004, 12:48 PM

Thanks,

JAkecheck my site for a lot of pictures and a story about our 02 330 delivery. It was GREAT!

Jingorm
10-02-2004, 03:44 PM
I purchased a 325xi three years ago and took PFC since I also live in VA and Spartanburg wasn't that far away. BMW will put you up in hotel, feed you dinner and lunch the next day. But the highlights are taking delivery of your car at the Performance center, a quick driving school lesson at the Performance center test track using the same BMW model as the car you purchased, and touring the Spartanburg factory. It is a great experience all in all. But if you can go to Munich and wait a little longer for your car, Euro Delivery seems like an even better option.

JakeInVa
10-03-2004, 04:10 AM
Thanks for the advice - sounds like PD is an excellent option. I'd love to make the trip to Europe, but I'm afraid getting the time off is the challenging part.

Out of curiosity, does anybody understand exactly how BMW can charge less for ED than American delivery? At first I thought it was because one had to pay for shipping extra, but then I see that the cost of shipping is included. Is it something to do with tariffs?

--Jake

X5M5
10-03-2004, 06:42 AM
DEFINITELY do Performance Center delivery!!!

While I did not do Performance Center delivery with any of the cars, I did attend the M5 school that is included with the cost of the car. It was great! You even get to go inside the factory and check out the X5s and Z4s (well, Z3 for me) being built. It really gives you great insight at to why BMW is as special as it is.

Take the time off from work and DO IT!!! :thumbup:

sfca-325i
10-04-2004, 12:11 PM
Out of curiosity, does anybody understand exactly how BMW can charge less for ED than American delivery? At first I thought it was because one had to pay for shipping extra, but then I see that the cost of shipping is included. Is it something to do with tariffs?

--Jake

I believe your guess is correct. By taking ED, the car is imported as a "used" car instead of a new car. Don't know if the tariff is less or none-at-all, but that's what I have heard as being the source of the ED savings.