PDA

View Full Version : Question on cleaning/waxing by dealer

SunnyE
10-03-2004, 07:55 AM
Hi

I have a Silver 325i Sept'03. Some people recommended me to get the car cleaned and waxed by the dealer before the winter starts. I called up the BMW dealer and he told me $189 to clean and wax the car from inside and outside.

I am wondering if they use any strong compound or a rolling brush (buffing ?) to clean the car and will it harm the clear paint coat of my car ?

Any suggestions ? Is it a good idea to get the car buffed/waxed by dealer after 1 yr ?

thanks,
Sunny

Alex Baumann
10-03-2004, 08:03 AM
You don't need to pay anything, if you have an hour or so that you can sacrifice on a Sunday.

Get yourself a paint cleaner, a jar of wax, foam wax applicator and a few Microfiber towels.

oldefarms
10-03-2004, 05:16 PM
You don't need to pay anything, if you have an hour or so that you can sacrifice on a Sunday.

Get yourself a paint cleaner, a jar of wax, foam wax applicator and a few Microfiber towels.

What types or brands would you suggest.

How often should this be done ?

Mantis
10-04-2004, 06:53 PM
I disagree,

A professional detail is a huge benefit. Get the full detail and that price isn'tbad at all. Some charge 200.00 or more depending of the condition of your car.

After it's fully detailed, it's easy to maintain. Thereare some good products on the market for the paint. I perfer 3m Profect it series, Mothers or Maguires .

I'm trying out Zymol .

By the way I used to be a professional detailer

Dan