PDA

View Full Version : Zymoil cleaner wax........first impressions

Mantis
10-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Ok,
So I went to Pep Bos to bu some Wax and low and behold there it was...Zymol cleaner wax.Ok it's not priced high at 13.99 per bottle.

I went home and washed the pulled it into the garage and had to test this wax out.My car is a jet black 2000 328i so good color to test on.Well it smells really good and goes on smooth.Polishing off was a breeze.I have micro fiber towels and terry.the terry kinda made the wax powder up making kinda a mess.So I switch to micro fiber and mess is gone.The shine was really good but nothing special lie I expected.It seems like a really good wax.I will see how long the shine lasts.

I normally use Mothers , 3m and Maguires and all these products are top notch.Online Zymol has a complete kit somewhere in the price range of 140.00. As a system, I expect better performance. We shall see.

As a former detailer, I have high standards for detailing products.

For the money I paid so far I like it.Nothing special but nice nonetheless.

Dan

Bobby 325i
10-04-2004, 06:20 PM
The Zymol they sell at Pep Boys/Strauss/Auto Barn isnt the "real" Zymol. The one you bought is made by Turtle Wax here in the states. The authentic Zymol is much more expensive.

Mantis
10-04-2004, 06:48 PM
I don't get it, why would there be 2 very different products carring the same name?

I did think the price was rather low.

Still my car is shinning :D

guitarman
10-05-2004, 03:41 AM
I've used "Zurtle Wax/Cleaner" for the past few years and have been impressed with the shine and longevity. And the smell is great!! I recently switched to Klasse and like it much better as far as shine and ease of application goes. Don't know yet about the longevity. I do think though that the Zurtle wax does a better job of getting rid of light swirl marks and other imperfections than the Klasse AIO. It seems that with the Klasse AIO, the paint needs to be in perfect condition before you apply.

Mantis
10-05-2004, 05:34 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I wanna know if thats really true. I mean my car looked great out in the sun today.Actually got me alittle excited, but if it's not the real deal and the real deal is that much better, then I will purchase the correct wax madeby the people who's name is on the bottle.

Dan

Bobby 325i
10-05-2004, 07:02 PM
It should last a decent amount of time but it definatly can't beat the longevity that Klasse Sealant Glaze or the Zaino will provide. Klasse SG made my Titanium Sliver 745i shine like a mirror with just one application.

Mantis
10-06-2004, 04:40 PM
Very cool.........

Well my car still looks great. I'm gonna wash it this weekend and I will get to see how the wax holds up. Most waxes fall a bit after a wash. If it does then I will give it another coat and test it again.

I have a good can of Mothers Gold pure waiting for the vs battle. Even if this isn't the REAL DEAL Zoymol product.

Dan

NH-SHICKS
10-06-2004, 06:57 PM
Very cool.........

Well my car still looks great. I'm gonna wash it this weekend and I will get to see how the wax holds up. Most waxes fall a bit after a wash. If it does then I will give it another coat and test it again.

I have a good can of Mothers Gold pure waiting for the vs battle. Even if this isn't the REAL DEAL Zoymol product.

Dan

Nope, not the real deal. I have used it and did not like it. I just orderd Klasse Twins. Hopefully they are what I have read about.

Steve

Mantis
10-07-2004, 05:07 PM
Agreed,

he finish is already starting to loose it shine.Mothers holds up alot better then this wax does. For such a higher end wax company I'm suprised they put there name n this product.

I'm gonna wash it again tomarrow, inspect the finish and if it fell more, then I'm gonna run Mothers pure on it and see how it lasts. I know it will hold up longer then this Zymol thing did not to mention it goes on alot better and doesn't leave a powder trail.

We shall see how it does.

Mantis
10-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Washed the car today and used Mothers polish then wax. I don't think the Zymol is any good. I perfer the Mothers finish and ease of use.

Mothers is the way to go. They make outstanding products.