PDA

View Full Version : noises when turning the wheel at low speed

newdad
10-05-2004, 06:44 AM
For those of you who don't go to RF board, please offer your insights.... Thanks.

Original Post(with servo)
Anyone experienced any sounds associate with low speed steering or noises when turning the wheel with the vehicle stopped? Just started a couple of days ago after I took my X3 to a car wash. Feel a slight vibration in the wheel associated with the noise as well.

Any ideas or confirmation appreciated. Maybe the boots/seals just got wet?

My post(auto w/o servo)
When parking, if I turned the wheel all the way to either side I heard that wheezing noise. I noticed this from the beginning. Not sure if there's vibration or not.

Built date is 06/04. Current mileage 850+.

BTW, finally a picture of my truck.

Blue2002
01-31-2005, 05:35 PM
I just starting getting a "clicking" noise right dead center in the steering when stopped and turning the wheel while stationary. Changed the position of the wheel and it seemed to go away. Maybe the extreme cold we've had here in Philadelphia? Is this what you've had? I wasn't sure if it might have been connected with washing the car (hand wand). You could actually hear it as well as feel it. Any thoughts??? :dunno:

NCBimmerhead
01-31-2005, 08:16 PM
I had similar noises in my steering, most notably when cold. I took it to the dealer and found that there were some power steering hoses that were leaking. It turns out that a recall was issued in Dec 2004 on this.