PDA

View Full Version : Another Zaino Product? or just a scam?

Riuster
10-06-2004, 02:01 PM
Anyone use this 5 star shine?

http://www.5starshine.com/

gojira-san
10-06-2004, 02:36 PM
Never heard of it. Their web page is annoying enough to make me not want to try it anyway. :) I'll stick with Zaino!

Alex Baumann
10-06-2004, 03:54 PM
According to the reviews on Autopia, the majority of members were not that much impressed with the results.

Of course, we must not forget that a lot of members on Autopia are car detailing freaks, who won't get satisfied easily, test a lot of products and wax their cars frequently.

Riuster
10-06-2004, 07:08 PM
According to the reviews on Autopia, the majority of members were not that much impressed with the results.

Of course, we must not forget that a lot of members on Autopia are car detailing freaks, who won't get satisfied easily, test a lot of products and wax their cars frequently.

thanks...and also Zaino..isnt that impressive...but i did buy the tech wax from Meguiars over the weekend..and its slicker than the Zaino.....the only thing Zaino is good for if you want to make your car smell nice...IMO....i even bought one for the reg and dark cars....Zaino..isnt all that either...

but the tech wax....leaves a smooth finish..it has POLYMERS..like a sealant.....so it lasts longer than Zaino.

Honeslty..Zaino , like that 5 star is a joke....

what does Autopia say about Zaino? or Megs Tech Wax..Alex..please post.

Riuster
10-06-2004, 07:10 PM

One more thing..off topic...Germany is a fun place to visit..especially Bavaria..*****..the alps..and the roads...are KICK ASSSSSS..i wish I was driving my M3 there.....OH THE WOMEN too.... :thumbup:

Hercules
10-06-2004, 11:05 PM
thanks...and also Zaino..isnt that impressive...but i did buy the tech wax from Meguiars over the weekend..and its slicker than the Zaino.....the only thing Zaino is good for if you want to make your car smell nice...IMO....i even bought one for the reg and dark cars....Zaino..isnt all that either...

but the tech wax....leaves a smooth finish..it has POLYMERS..like a sealant.....so it lasts longer than Zaino.

Admiteddly, I am not too impressed with Zaino either. I have gone thru two uses of it and it's good... but the Meguiar's is just as good and I can buy it at my local auto store for even cheaper, and it's not such a mess to use with an accellerator, and all that other jazz. Next time I wax my car, I'll be using the Meguiars. I have always had luck with their products and their tech wax seems to be great -- so no more Zaino for me. It's really cost prohibitive as I can only get 3 waxes out of the Zaino package that's like $90 or whatever... Too much cash to drop for only 3 waxes.

TOGWT
10-07-2004, 08:15 AM
~One mans opinion / observations~

I don’t claim to speak for or represent Autopia but I will say this without fear of contradiction from any of the other regular contributors to that website-“ It’s the surface preparation that makes the difference, not the product”.

It really does all come down to; 85% preparation, 5% product 7% application methodology and the balance is in the ‘guy’ of the beholder

IMO Zanio apllied corectly is one of the better polymer sealants out there (along with Klasse and Autoglym)

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon

Riuster
10-07-2004, 06:58 PM
~One mans opinion / observations~

I don’t claim to speak for or represent Autopia but I will say this without fear of contradiction from any of the other regular contributors to that website-“ It’s the surface preparation that makes the difference, not the product”.

It really does all come down to; 85% preparation, 5% product 7% application methodology and the balance is in the ‘guy’ of the beholder

IMO Zanio apllied corectly is one of the better polymer sealants out there (along with Klasse and Autoglym)

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon

look at the ingredients for zaino...it never said anything about polymers..etc...

TeamM3
10-07-2004, 10:06 PM
one of my favorite jokes is to tell people I'm using regular wax like Mequiers etc. when in fact it's Zaino, love to hear them rave about how beautiful it is etc., then LMAO on the inside while maintaining a deadpan face as they negatively rant about Zaino etc. :rofl: there are a lot of anal elitist nincumpoops out there ... :tsk:

I ahve no issue with people using what they prefer, but I fail to understand why some people always feel the need to go beyond stating their preference and knock everything else, as far as I'm concerned someone who likes Mequiers saying Zaino is sh-t is like a BMW owner saying Porsche is sh-t; that's just ignorant BS better saved for poseurs and immature punks :thumbdwn:

I hate to break it to you, but but for anyone reading your posts it's apparent that you aren't "all that" either :rolleyes:

doesn't this board have a minimum age limit anyways? :dunno: :angel:

Intermezzo
10-07-2004, 10:30 PM
I have always had luck with their products and their tech wax seems to be great -- so no more Zaino for me. It's really cost prohibitive as I can only get 3 waxes out of the Zaino package that's like $90 or whatever... Too much cash to drop for only 3 waxes.

The next time you wax, try to use less product. 3 applications with an 8 ounce bottle is FAR too much. Just to help put things in perspective, a bottle of Z-2 or Z-5 will last at least 24 coats for me. NXT is more forgiving than a boutique enthusiast product like Zaino so one can get away with applying very thick coats, but with Zaino, applying thin layers is very important. Even so, I would highly recommend applying whatever product you use very thinly. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much better your results will be.

Artslinger
10-08-2004, 06:08 AM
The next time you wax, try to use less product. 3 applications with an 8 ounce bottle is FAR too much. Just to help put things in perspective, a bottle of Z-2 or Z-5 will last at least 24 coats for me. NXT is more forgiving than a boutique enthusiast product like Zaino so one can get away with applying very thick coats, but with Zaino, applying thin layers is very important. Even so, I would highly recommend applying whatever product you use very thinly. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much better your results will be.

Good point many people use way to much product when detailing a car.

IMO... some products like Groits machine polish is less effective when using to much, and wax is just wasted when put on to heavy.

Riuster
10-08-2004, 07:23 PM
one of my favorite jokes is to tell people I'm using regular wax like Mequiers etc. when in fact it's Zaino, love to hear them rave about how beautiful it is etc., then LMAO on the inside while maintaining a deadpan face as they negatively rant about Zaino etc. :rofl: there are a lot of anal elitist nincumpoops out there ... :tsk:

I ahve no issue with people using what they prefer, but I fail to understand why some people always feel the need to go beyond stating their preference and knock everything else, as far as I'm concerned someone who likes Mequiers saying Zaino is sh-t is like a BMW owner saying Porsche is sh-t; that's just ignorant BS better saved for poseurs and immature punks :thumbdwn:

I hate to break it to you, but but for anyone reading your posts it's apparent that you aren't "all that" either :rolleyes:

doesn't this board have a minimum age limit anyways? :dunno: :angel:

you need to get laid.....man...need to relax...or unless you are the OFFICIAL Zaino Guy for Bimmer fest...then..I clearly understand.

You say you dont understand why people or whomever needs to GO BEYOND....ok..let me tell it to you like a 2 year old....its a cost issue....thats the reason why...we bitch...shipping and handling and all that nonsense...

NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND..its an economic issue if you get the same exact or near results..why spend more on something that doesnt kick it. DOES Zainoooo reallly kick it.....????????

your analogy on porsche and BMW doesnt really relate with this..Zaino vs. Meguiars...the porsche and bmw is SLIGHTLY more complicated..... :rolleyes:

gojira-san
10-08-2004, 08:22 PM
Just as a data point, I have one each bottles of Z-2, Z-5 and Z-6 that i bought almost 2 years ago. I have put at least 8 coats on the truck, 3 or 4 on the 330 and 1 on the 528. I've also done the moto a few times. I use the Z-6 as a fill in after I wash a vehicle and don't want to fully wax it. At this point I have a lot of the 5 left (since I use it only on the dark vehicles and only as a base), maybe 25% of a bottle of Z-2 and Z-6. Oh I also have some ZFX, but only use that if I have to wax when it is cold out - then I usually use it and the propane heater in the garage to get up to a good temp.

I do all the work by hand and use the product sparingly so it lasts a long time. I've been happy with how the Zaino products work so I've stuck with them. If there are better/cheaper ones out there, cool. I'm lazy, so when I find something that works for me I stick with it rather than experimenting. Just my 0.02

Alamo
10-08-2004, 08:33 PM

I used the new Meguiars NXT Generation wax. It's the best shine I have ever seen. I also uses Meguiars car wash. After using the car wash, clothes slide off of the hood. Between waxes, I use the Meguiars booster NXT spray wax. My 330i looks wet. Just for grins, I used it on my 1994 Ranger beater. I could not believe what it did to that poor truck. I'm sticking with Meguiars, I need real protection in this S. Texas sun.