PDA

View Full Version : New forum member

Dr. Phil
10-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Looks like Dr. Phil may be spending some more time in this forum :eeps: Closing deal tomorrow but looks like I am getting.....

2.5 Alpine/Terracotta, Premium, Cold Weather, Privacy glass :thumbup:

Took advantage of the 24 month killer lease deal and my GM buddy who just switched dealers made me a deal :D The fact that they have 17 on the lot helped as well ;)

Pete Teoh
10-12-2004, 07:49 PM
Isn't Toilet Mint Green available? :dunno: :angel:

alee
10-12-2004, 07:51 PM
3.0L to 2.5L and tack on a few hundred pounds? :eek:

Dr. Phil
10-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Isn't Toilet Mint Green available? :dunno: :angel:
:flipoff: :flipoff:

Dr. Phil
10-12-2004, 08:04 PM
3.0L to 2.5L and tack on a few hundred pounds? :eek:
Yea I know...it will minimize my chances in getting speeding tickets. A friend I had lunch with today commented on my "spirited" driving :angel: :eeps:

SARAFIL
10-12-2004, 08:08 PM
Yea I know...it will minimize my chances in getting speeding tickets. A friend I had lunch with today commented on my "spirited" driving :angel: :eeps:

Phil,

Take my advice and get the 3.0. It's a no-brainer. You will seriously regret the 2.5 in the long run, oh mighty one. In a 3-er, the 2.5 is fine. Add the extra mass of the X3, and it suddenly becomes overwhelmingly underpowered.

SARAFIL
10-12-2004, 08:12 PM
Will Phil's X3 last longer than ff's mini? :eek:

If he gets the 2.5, I can assure you it won't. If he gets the 3.0, he might be happy with it until the spring when he misses having a "sporty" car.

alee
10-12-2004, 08:12 PM
You're holding out on us. :spank: Rogue V10 M5 transplant into an X3... I can feel it. :eek:

Dr. Phil
10-12-2004, 08:34 PM
Phil,

Take my advice and get the 3.0. It's a no-brainer. You will seriously regret the 2.5 in the long run, oh mighty one. In a 3-er, the 2.5 is fine. Add the extra mass of the X3, and it suddenly becomes overwhelmingly underpowered.
PM me what the price payment difference would be on a monthly basis, PLEASE :angel:

Dr. Phil
10-12-2004, 08:35 PM
Will Phil's X3 last longer than ff's mini? :eek:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dr. Phil
10-12-2004, 08:36 PM
If he gets the 2.5, I can assure you it won't. If he gets the 3.0, he might be happy with it until the spring when he misses having a "sporty" car.
Two words............

Harley Davidson :bigpimp:

Mathew
10-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Can I claim your ZHP side mirrors, and the ZHP air in your tires?

Dr. Phil
10-12-2004, 08:49 PM
Can I claim your ZHP side mirrors, and the ZHP air in your tires?
Absolutely :bigpimp:

Mr. The Edge
10-12-2004, 08:57 PM
:thumbdwn:

:tsk:

Dr. Phil
10-13-2004, 03:59 AM

What :dunno: The Harley, the X3, selling the 330 :confused: My reasons I have stated are enough for me but please remember no one is in my shoes or knows everything that is drviing my decision. Perhaps in time more can be shared.

Patrick
10-13-2004, 04:05 AM

That is rather rude ...

Dr. Phil
10-13-2004, 04:30 AM
That is rather rude ...

Yep...I can't have a garage full like our friend in TX :tsk: :rolleyes: :(

Alex Baumann
10-13-2004, 07:20 AM
Congrats Phil :thumbup:

If you keep this pace, you'll catch Alan in a very short time :D

gojira-san
10-13-2004, 07:25 AM
My reasons I have stated are enough for me but please remember no one is in my shoes or knows everything that is drviing my decision.
I think a lot of us have been down that road in one way or another, so there's no need to defend your choices. Congratulations on the X3 Phil! I'm just surprised it is not going to be an Amish X3... :amish: :D

--pete

Patrick
10-13-2004, 07:26 AM
If you keep this pace, you'll catch Alan in a very short time :D

LOL. I think that it is safe to say that no one will ever catch Alan in that regard!

:bigpimp:

kyfdx
10-13-2004, 07:37 AM
Looks like Dr. Phil may be spending some more time in this forum :eeps: Closing deal tomorrow but looks like I am getting.....

Took advantage of the 24 month killer lease deal and my GM buddy who just switched dealers made me a deal :D The fact that they have 17 on the lot helped as well ;)

Ooohhh.. Terracotta.. I love that interior.. So, what IS the killer lease deal?

Desertnate
10-13-2004, 07:39 AM
I'm just surprised it is not going to be an Amish X3... :amish: :D

--pete

Well, from what Sarafil stated above about the performance of the 2.5L, maybe he would do better to drop the engine and hitch up a couple of nice big draft horses instead? :dunno: :p :D

Patrick
10-13-2004, 07:41 AM
Well, from what Sarafil stated above about the performance of the 2.5L, maybe he would do better to drop the engine and hitch up a couple of nice big draft horses instead? :dunno: :p :D

I think that his horses are too busy working the fields and bringing trees out of the forest to his saw mill ...

:bigpimp:

Mr. The Edge
10-13-2004, 07:57 AM
I just think the X3 is a bad choice, having looked closely at one myself--why not a wagon?

JonM
10-13-2004, 08:10 AM
Congrats. :thumbup: You should try to make the 3.0 work though if you ask me. Going from a 3.0 anything to a 2.5 anything is probably not going to make you happy in the long run.

Once I got my R-bike, the M coupe was boring in comparison. I suspect it's similar for you. Not that I am endorsing a motorcycle owner switching to an SUV. :yikes:

LeucX3
10-13-2004, 10:33 AM

No SP? And i agree...definitely get the 3.0 if you're used to a 3.0.

You'll probably have better use of xDrive than i do out here. We're going to want to hear about your adventures in snow.

LeucX3
10-13-2004, 10:34 AM
I just think the X3 is a bad choice, having looked closely at one myself--why not a wagon?
Some people just don't want wagons. What's wrong with that?

Just like some people just don't want an American car.

Mr. The Edge
10-13-2004, 10:37 AM
Some people just don't want wagons. What's wrong with that?

Just like some people just don't want an American car.

but phil used to have a wagon.

I'd just like to hear why he chose an X3 over a wagon this time

Patrick
10-13-2004, 10:50 AM
I will never buy another wagon (Touring).

LeucX3
10-13-2004, 11:28 AM

Maybe just time for a change? :dunno:

If you wear boxers all the time, boxer briefs are a nice change.

·clyde·
10-13-2004, 12:09 PM

Remember what drove him away form the wagon (aside from the transmission type)? He couldn't stand the stereo. Not a great reason for ditching or avoiding a car, IMO, but that element would still be a problem if he went with another Touring. I don't think he's going to be very happy with an X3 for very long (2.5 or 3.0) and I think he knows that. However, given the deal he can swing and what else he's been willing to look at to meet his needs, I'm not sure there's a better choice.

Mr. The Edge
10-13-2004, 03:39 PM
I will never buy another wagon (Touring).

I might not either

Dr. Phil
10-13-2004, 07:14 PM

Comes down to a few things.....

Xdrive so I can be sure to get to work no matter what
High number of 04s on the lot = close to invoice pricing
low lease MF allows me to put out less per month
cash out of 330 used to buy the Harley and prefund the entire lease term
still more cash left for other purposes
my attention span is 2 years so it fits my longevity
I want to continue to make bad decisions or at least be able to take #2 decision ;)

Dr. Phil
10-13-2004, 07:18 PM
Remember what drove him away form the wagon (aside from the transmission type)? He couldn't stand the stereo. Not a great reason for ditching or avoiding a car, IMO, but that element would still be a problem if he went with another Touring. I don't think he's going to be very happy with an X3 for very long (2.5 or 3.0) and I think he knows that. However, given the deal he can swing and what else he's been willing to look at to meet his needs, I'm not sure there's a better choice.
:thumbup: http://www.forum-hilfe.de/images/smiles/smilie_176.gif

Clyde hit all the points. Fortunately I have several thousands in stereo equipment sitting around :eek: :loco:

Josh (PA)
10-14-2004, 03:50 AM

I assume you're going back to a slushie? :cry: Congrats on the switch, I'm sure having the Harley in the garage will make up for any loss of driving fun changing from the 330 to the x3. Just invest in a very warm leather jacket and some oldschool aviator goggles so you can ride all winter long when the roads are dry.

Dr. Phil
10-14-2004, 04:22 AM
I assume you're going back to a slushie? :cry: Congrats on the switch, I'm sure having the Harley in the garage will make up for any loss of driving fun changing from the 330 to the x3. Just invest in a very warm leather jacket and some oldschool aviator goggles so you can ride all winter long when the roads are dry.
You got it...I already have FXRG mid weight jacket, leather pants, 3 sets of gloves, neck tube thingie. My full face helmet takes care of the eye protection for now.

You shall see the new X on the 23rd :D

kyfdx
10-14-2004, 08:39 AM
You got it...I already have FXRG mid weight jacket, leather pants, 3 sets of gloves, neck tube thingie. My full face helmet takes care of the eye protection for now.

You shall see the new X on the 23rd :D

I try to avoid correcting spelling.. but, since it is in your sig.. frivolous..

So, you prepaid your whole 24 month lease? How much was that?

Dr. Phil
10-14-2004, 06:23 PM
I try to avoid correcting spelling.. but, since it is in your sig.. frivolous..

So, you prepaid your whole 24 month lease? How much was that?
oops.....

I put the payments in seperate account because the single pay lease would take away the low MF offered on the 24 month deals. I am taking proceeds from trade to do so.

kyfdx
10-15-2004, 08:51 AM
oops.....

I put the payments in seperate account because the single pay lease would take away the low MF offered on the 24 month deals. I am taking proceeds from trade to do so.

So... Somewhere around $450-$475 +tax?

Dr. Phil
10-15-2004, 02:55 PM
So... Somewhere around $450-$475 +tax?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

$380

pjo1966
10-15-2004, 03:26 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

$380

Wow! That's a great deal. Would you mind breaking it down for us? (how much down, etc..)

Dr. Phil
10-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Wow! That's a great deal. Would you mind breaking it down for us? (how much down, etc..)
Basics....

MF = .0007
24 months
Discount = $3,615
$4,000 cash at delivery

ProcyonB
10-15-2004, 11:14 PM

Yeah, my grandfather drove a wagon. :rolleyes:

LeucX3
10-18-2004, 09:57 AM
Basics....

MF = .0007
24 months
Discount = $3,615
$4,000 cash at delivery
How the heck did you manage that?

Dr. Phil
10-18-2004, 03:19 PM
How the heck did you manage that?
New GM came from my old dealer, 17 units on the lot and the money factor was set by BMWNA. It was too good to pass on. :thumbup:

AF
10-20-2004, 12:57 PM
Awesome deal Phil .. You know what I think of the X3 with the 2.5 :thumbup:

Call me crazy but I found the 2.5 to be a great engine especially when in sport mode on the Stepronic.

I think if I were to get an X3 I would go for the 2.5 as well, for some reason in a SUV the power it had was more then enough to get yourself in trouble with plus the engine was so flexible and the transmission always shifted into the right gear it made the truck feel pretty quick.

Also I love the color combo you picked ... when do you get it and also don't forget to post pics !!!
Congrats !!!!

SARAFIL
10-20-2004, 04:17 PM
Awesome deal Phil .. You know what I think of the X3 with the 2.5 :thumbup:

Call me crazy but I found the 2.5 to be a great engine especially when in sport mode on the Stepronic.

I think if I were to get an X3 I would go for the 2.5 as well, for some reason in a SUV the power it had was more then enough to get yourself in trouble with plus the engine was so flexible and the transmission always shifted into the right gear it made the truck feel pretty quick.

Also I love the color combo you picked ... when do you get it and also don't forget to post pics !!!
Congrats !!!!

Um....

He got a 3.0.

AF
10-20-2004, 04:27 PM
Um....

He got a 3.0.
ah peer pressure ... it gets them everytime :p

SARAFIL
10-20-2004, 04:30 PM

:D

Dr. Phil
10-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Actually it was 2 things.....a little extra oomph on the hills/pulling out and the lumbar support :thumbup:

Dr. Phil
10-20-2004, 06:40 PM
Congrats !!!!
I hope to do a group pic session this w/e X3 and the Harley :bigpimp:

Mr. The Edge
10-26-2004, 02:34 PM
I hope to do a group pic session this w/e X3 and the Harley :bigpimp:

did I miss the photoshoot thread?

:dunno:

:p

Dr. Phil
10-26-2004, 06:50 PM
did I miss the photoshoot thread?

:dunno:

:p
I meant this coming w/e ;) :eeps: :angel:

IndyMike
10-26-2004, 06:52 PM
I meant this coming w/e ;) :eeps: :angel:
Sorry if I missed it Phil-ibuster, but what color combo did you finally go with?

Dr. Phil
10-26-2004, 06:54 PM
Sorry if I missed it Phil-ibuster, but what color combo did you finally go with?
Silver grey/black
PP, Heated seats and wheel, privacy glass, rear net, step :eek:

IndyMike
10-26-2004, 07:04 PM
Silver grey/black
PP, Heated seats and wheel, privacy glass, rear net, step :eek:
Nice conservative combo! :thumbup:

Can't wait to see it once you've added the aero appearance package. :eeps:

:D

Dr. Phil
10-26-2004, 07:08 PM
Nice conservative combo! :thumbup: