PDA

View Full Version : yes, me again... when to detail trim?

wheel-man
10-15-2004, 06:14 PM
just getting ready for my first big detail, and was wondering when do you do the trim relative to waxing? do you wax the trim? if not, tips on avoiding it?

thanks in advance... and joe, nick, alex thanks for your advice to date, as well as all else who have helped. :thumbup:

BahnBaum
10-15-2004, 06:31 PM
You want to do everything possible to keep wax off of all trim. Some people go so far as to use painter's tape to tape off the trim, but just being careful is prolly good enough.

Depending upon what you're using to finish your car with, you can use a QD to remove any that you accidently get on the trim. In my case, a little Sonus Spritz on a rag safely removes any Klasse AIO or SG that I accidently get on any trim pieces.

Use a good rubber or plastic cleaner protector for your trim after you've finished waxing.

Alex

wheel-man
10-15-2004, 06:55 PM
any tips on applying treatment to the trim? was thinking 303 protectant.

citation650
10-15-2004, 06:57 PM
Sure, 303 is great.

Weaselboy
10-16-2004, 07:52 AM
This is one of the reasons I like Zaino so much. You can slop it all over the trim and it does leave a mark at all. None of that chalky look.

If you do get some wax marking on the trim, I found Eagle One Trim Restorer takes it off.

Desertnate
10-16-2004, 08:53 AM
I haven't found Klasse to discolor trim either.

Granted, I haven't applied it to my BMW yet, but it covered the black trim on our Toyota quite nicely. No discoloration or any other signs it shouldn't be there.

If you are using wax and you do get it on the trim, creamy peanut butter and a tooth brush works really well. Don't ask how I know this or how many times I have used it. :eeps:

:D