PDA

View Full Version : Visual Confirmation and Clown Nose Blinky Goodness...

niftyswifty
10-20-2004, 03:49 PM
Car's in for service today, and I was hoping to get the above turned on. Unfortunately, BMW of Austin is reporting they are unable to do this.

I thought all of this was sorted out already? Is it still common for dealers to claim to not be able to do this? Did a new software update sometime in the past couple of weeks actually make it impossible now?

niftyswifty
10-20-2004, 04:14 PM
Well, they've just called back and apparently decided they can do it.

thxguy
10-20-2004, 07:10 PM

Yeah - My delaer said they could get the verbal confirmation - but not the clown nose - and when I got home I noticed that the clown nose was blinking! So it's all good -

There is no software update required- it works- :thumbup:

C-Ya - J

newdad
10-21-2004, 06:44 AM
...they could get the verbal confirmation ...

did you mean visual? or both visual and verbal are available now with the new software? and this is without alarm, right?

what kind of verbal signal?

sfca-325i
10-21-2004, 10:01 AM

Did they charge you to do this? Usually, the stealership only provides one free car/key programming session and usually at the time of delivery.

Yeah - My delaer said they could get the verbal confirmation - but not the clown nose - and when I got home I noticed that the clown nose was blinking! So it's all good -

C-Ya - J

IIRC, the clown nose starts to blink 1-2 minutes after locking the doors.

niftyswifty
10-21-2004, 01:20 PM
I took delivery about a month ago, but it was on a Saturday so they didn't do the programming then. This is my first programming of car and key mem. Initially they told me they couldn't do it, then they claimed they could do it but it took "hours and hours" to do and they'd need to charge me. Finally they relented and said they'd do it for free.

xspeedy
10-21-2004, 01:27 PM
For '05, they must be making the flashing corner lights upon lock/unlock standard. My X3 did it when I got it via ED. I don't think the clown nose flashes though.

SARAFIL
10-21-2004, 02:13 PM
For '05, they must be making the flashing corner lights upon lock/unlock standard. My X3 did it when I got it via ED. I don't think the clown nose flashes though.

Funny that you mention this. I've noticed that all of our 2005 3-series that we've gotten in so far have had this feature activated. I initially thought that we probably had someone new doing the PDIs, and that he was setting up that feature on all of the cars he was doing. I wonder if this is the case, or if BMW made a change? I'll have to look into it.

MPoWeRMAN
10-21-2004, 07:52 PM

C-Ya - J
hey, where did you get the clear corners?