PDA

View Full Version : Large breed dog crate in the X3?

Ryouko
10-21-2004, 11:23 AM
Hi, all. I have a German Shepherd pup who is quickly outgrowing my VW R32, and we've ordered an X3 as her new ride, although we have to wait a few weeks until it gets shipped over (3.0 mystic Blue/beige leather, manual, premium package and sound, xenon, etc).

Does anyone else on the board use a crate in their X3, for a large breed dog and if so, can you please tell me what size fits? I'd like to get the largest size possible for her. Many thanks in advance!

jhwe46
11-05-2004, 01:32 PM
Hi, all. I have a German Shepherd pup who is quickly outgrowing my VW R32, and we've ordered an X3 as her new ride, although we have to wait a few weeks until it gets shipped over (3.0 mystic Blue/beige leather, manual, premium package and sound, xenon, etc).

Does anyone else on the board use a crate in their X3, for a large breed dog and if so, can you please tell me what size fits? I'd like to get the largest size possible for her. Many thanks in advance!

You'll have to get the dimensions of the crate and compare them to the specs on the car. I can tell you though, that my two Golden Retrievers fit easily in the back with the rear seats up - and they have gobs of room with the rear seats down flat. The X3 has a great little mesh net divider that keeps them from climbing into the front seats.