PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the dash

petah50
10-22-2004, 06:15 AM
What do you guys use to clean the dash board in your cars. I have a 2004 325i whith black interior. What products can/should I use if any at all? thanks for any suggestions.

BahnBaum
10-22-2004, 06:56 AM
What do you guys use to clean the dash board in your cars. I have a 2004 325i whith black interior. What products can/should I use if any at all? thanks for any suggestions.

I use Einszett Cockpit Premium. Matte finish (as opposed to greasy glossy) and nice smell. And it does a good job of cleaning and protecting.

Alex

bren
10-22-2004, 07:05 AM
I use a damp cloth. And ask Alex who won the concours :angel:

xspeedy
10-22-2004, 07:06 AM
For regular cleaning/dusting, just take a lightly damp (with water) cotton washcloth to it. I suppose you could use a microfiber if you are anal, but a washcloth works really well.

If you really want to protect it (I think this is a waste), then try the Aerospace 303. It doesn't leave much residue or gloss.

BahnBaum
10-22-2004, 07:17 AM
I use a damp cloth. And ask Alex who won the concours :angel:

It was rigged.

Alex

Alex Baumann
10-22-2004, 01:36 PM
Glass Cleaner and microfiber cloth.

Malachi
10-22-2004, 08:35 PM
To Clean: Woolite, 6 parts of water to one of Woolite

To Protect: 303 Aerospace

LDV330i
10-22-2004, 08:50 PM
California Dash Duster

http://calcarduster.com/graphics/imgDashduster.jpg

jonw440
10-23-2004, 06:18 AM
I second the 1Z matte interior kit!!!
1Z Matte effect interior kit (http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?autopia+yc5RwM+kit-mateff.html)

drmwvr
10-23-2004, 06:28 AM

Lexol Vinylex vinyl protectant; it leaves a nice, low-gloss finish :thumbup:

citation650
11-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Something I learned on another forum was using Endust for Electronics spray. Oil and wax free. Does a really great job!

BlackChrome
11-07-2004, 09:12 PM
:thumbup:

That's what I use now!

I used to use nothing but water and a clean cloth but I noticed that Vinylex actually works really well with my black interior. It makes the interior looks like new again!

Mark_325i
11-08-2004, 06:48 AM
Swiffer duster

F1Crazy
11-08-2004, 08:53 AM
Oh man, we really have different views on what low-gloss finish is, for me Vinylex is shiny!

The only really matte product I've ever tried is 1Z Cockpit Premium but according to David Bynon (Autopia Mayor) that sells full line of Einszett products it doesn't have much UV protection. The only time I would be worried about sun fade due to UV rays on a BMW is if it was a convertible. The product of choice for people obsessed with UV protection is 303 Aerospace Protectant, it leaves really low gloss when buffed after application. I usually follow up with damp MF towel to avoid any streaks.

For cleaning really soiled vinyl there is no better product than Einszett Plastik-Reiniger. For regular cleaning I use Woolite solution mentioned before or Lexol's leather cleaner.

HFPST5
11-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Aerospace on the e60

Lexol on the e46

both great :thumbup:

DRWWE
11-30-2004, 08:54 AM
I keep a California Dash Duster under my seat so I can use it frequently to keep dust off of everything. Whenever I detail my interior (every month or so) I apply 303 to all of the interior vinyl and it really keeps everything looking new.

drmwvr
11-30-2004, 06:47 PM
Oh man, we really have different views on what low-gloss finish is, for me Vinylex is shiny!

Hum...maybe when you first apply it; but after that (and rubbing it in good) it appears to me that the dash, seats etc. have natural look.

:dunno: :brent:

jonw440
12-01-2004, 04:45 AM

The only really matte product I've ever tried is 1Z Cockpit Premium but according to David Bynon (Autopia Mayor) that sells full line of Einszett products it doesn't have much UV protection. The only time I would be worried about sun fade due to UV rays on a BMW is if it was a convertible. The product of choice for people obsessed with UV protection is 303 Aerospace Protectant, it leaves really low gloss when buffed after application. I usually follow up with damp MF towel to avoid any streaks.

For cleaning really soiled vinyl there is no better product than Einszett Plastik-Reiniger. For regular cleaning I use Woolite solution mentioned before or Lexol's leather cleaner.
You should try DB's new vinyl protector it has sunblock in it.
I ABSOLUTELY love 1Z Tief, CP, Plastik-Reiniger!!!!
BUT the Sonus Total eclipse looks "similar" to the Tiefenpfleger, but does have sunblock in it. The only bad thing, is there is NO fragrance in the total eclipse. :mad: (I am working with DB on adding some type of fragrance to the next batch)
I love 1Z fragrances.... (certified bottle sniffer) :thumbup:

F1Crazy
12-01-2004, 04:58 AM
You should try DB's new vinyl protector it has sunblock in it.
I ABSOLUTELY love 1Z Tief, CP, Plastik-Reiniger!!!!
BUT the Sonus Total eclipse looks "similar" to the Tiefenpfleger, but does have sunblock in it. The only bad thing, is there is NO fragrance in the total eclipse. :mad: (I am working with DB on adding some type of fragrance to the next batch)
I love 1Z fragrances.... (certified bottle sniffer) :thumbup:
So Jon, tell me how DB is involved in Sonus line? The only Sonus products I've tried are orange and green PC pads but they are sourced from Germany and branded as Sonus. They are excellent pads BTW.

jonw440
12-01-2004, 05:03 AM
Sonus is Autopia's "in house brand" by DB.
Sonus Total Eclipse (http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?autopia+yc5RwM+eclipse.html)
The new Leather cleaner was made in italy. It just came in last week.
Type "Sonus" in google. The only place you can buy Sonus is from Autopia.
Now SonAX is differant. That comes from Germany, Their High Gloss Shampoo is my absolutle Favorite car wash!! (R.I.P. no longer available in the USA) :mad:

mwagner1
12-11-2004, 09:34 PM
I use Einszett Cockpit Premium. Matte finish (as opposed to greasy glossy) and nice smell. And it does a good job of cleaning and protecting.

Alex

Hey,

Where can one find this Einszett Cockpit Premium???

THANKS!!!!

Mark in AUstin

F1Crazy
12-11-2004, 10:21 PM
Hey,

Where can one find this Einszett Cockpit Premium???

THANKS!!!!

Mark in AUstin
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

jonw440
12-12-2004, 04:57 PM
Einszett Cockpit Premium (http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?autopia+yc5RwM+1z-924510.html)

BahnBaum
12-13-2004, 05:49 PM
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/

Email I received today from autopia:

I am writing to let you know that Autopia Car Care will not be offering the 1Z (Einszett) product line in 2005. We are replacing the 1Z line with Sonus, which expanded significantly this year to include polishes, detailing clay, cleaners and a complete line of premium interior care products.

As a 1Z product user, I thought you'd like to know about the 1Z closeout. We have plenty of 1Z product in stock now, but our 1Z Closeout Sale in January will clear out the remaining stock very fast.

Please be my guest to participate in a private 30% off sale on all 1Z products in stock at current prices. The coupon code for this sale is:

CLOSEOUT

The private sale ends 20 December, 2004. You will find all 1Z product conveniently located at http://www.autopia-carcare.com/wheres1z.html.

Alex

johnnygraphic
12-13-2004, 09:42 PM
For normal cleaning, I just use a slightly damp microfiber towel & wipe down the dash etc including the instrument cluster & the navigation LCD screen.

I'm not a big fan of using anything else unless the dash is neglected.