PDA

View Full Version : 1 week/1 wash/500 miles

Dr. Phil
10-23-2004, 06:57 AM
Today marks 1 week of owning my X3. It was a hectic week with a couple of days of rain, getting buried in my new job and some fun wheel time in the X3. Initial impression of this vehicle:

The drive is the best of any SUV/SAV I have owned/driven. A bit top heavy compared to the 330 ;) but very nimble for the type of vehicle it is.
Comfort wise I am very pleased. The lumbar support hits just the right spot on my back, the heated wheel is a great addition, I do miss the thigh extension on the seats a bit though.
Gas mileage was a bit surprising in combined driving I got 19 mpg on the first tank. Not bad IMO :thumbup:
Washing it will take some getting used to....step ladder for the roof, massive wheel wells that collect dirt, the bottom black trim is nice for preventing scratches etc. but a PITA to clean. The wheels are cake compared to my 73s :p
The X drive in the rain and wet leaves was smooth and proved to me why I went with this vehicle.
Looks wise I love the color combo, privacy glass and overall design. I am glad I did not go with the the white, it looks better in darker colors IMO.
Reaction from friends and coworkers is :confused: :loco: but for my position, the financial impact and the need to get where I need to get helps to explain why I swapped out.
Bottom line...I am happy with my decision to get this vehicle :D

Now what to do about all this stereo equipment ;)

rumratt
10-23-2004, 08:57 AM
The X drive in the rain and wet leaves was smooth and proved to me why I went with this vehicle.

So that you can accelerate in dangerous conditions, despite a longer stopping distance than your previous car? :dunno:

:angel:

LeucX3
10-23-2004, 09:24 AM
Now what to do about all this stereo equipment ;)
Let me know what you do, i'm too lazy to think of ideas myself.

By the way, great all around car. Mine has 7500 miles and just like every other BMW, it's getter better with age.

Dr. Phil
10-23-2004, 05:41 PM
Let me know what you do, i'm too lazy to think of ideas myself.

By the way, great all around car. Mine has 7500 miles and just like every other BMW, it's getter better with age.
The plan as of now is w7 8" running off my zapco 500, mb quart Qs in kick panels biamp from my zapco 360 :bigpimp: Keeping OEM head unit and sirius, using ven4 to grab signal :thumbup:

swchang
10-23-2004, 07:25 PM
Out of the loop, but you got rid of the Amish ZHP? :dunno:

Dr. Phil
10-23-2004, 08:07 PM
Out of the loop, but you got rid of the Amish ZHP? :dunno:
Yep, parted out and gone :confused: :cry: :angel: :D

I have a few remaining items for sale if you want a piece of :amish: history :eeps:

MarcusSDCA
10-24-2004, 10:28 PM
"The plan as of now is w7 8" running off my zapco 500, mb quart Qs in kick panels biamp from my zapco 360 Keeping OEM head unit and sirius, using ven4 to grab signal"

I think I need a translation........

Dr. Phil
10-25-2004, 04:30 AM
"The plan as of now is w7 8" running off my zapco 500, mb quart Qs in kick panels biamp from my zapco 360 Keeping OEM head unit and sirius, using ven4 to grab signal"

I think I need a translation........
I am planning on putting a JL Audio 8" W7 subwoofer in running it off my Zapco 500 amp. Likely in a fiberglass enclosure on the passenger side of the rear. In addition, I am thinking of building kickpanels to house a set of MB Quart Q-line components that will run off my Zapco 360 amp. This will leave all factory speakers dead in their locations and all wiring intact with the exception of the signal wires that will be tapped to hook up a Peripheral Ven 4 convertor.

Better :dunno:

swchang
10-25-2004, 05:56 PM
Yep, parted out and gone :confused: :cry: :angel: :D

I have a few remaining items for sale if you want a piece of :amish: history :eeps:

And so the modding has started with the X3, no? :)

SARAFIL
10-25-2004, 05:58 PM
Where are the f'ing pics already? I know you work for the Government, but you have to be able to get pics up within some reasonable time period, can't you? :rolleyes:

:p

Dr. Phil
10-25-2004, 07:09 PM
And so the modding has started with the X3, no? :)
Read my lips....NO MODS :eeps:

Dr. Phil
10-25-2004, 07:10 PM
Where are the f'ing pics already? I know you work for the Government, but you have to be able to get pics up within some reasonable time period, can't you? :rolleyes:

:p
I know....had it all clean Saturday too. I will get there :)

swchang
10-25-2004, 07:58 PM
Read my lips....NO MODS :eeps:

I believe you like I believe that the lame will walk if Edwards is VP. :p

schreck
10-25-2004, 08:07 PM
Why are all of your cars called Amish X3 or Amish ZHP. What is the significance of Amish?? I know there are some Amish in Pennsylvania but does that have anyting to do with it. Just wondering.

swchang- comment uncalled for and uncessary. You can make your smart remarks next wednesday when everything is said and done.

rumratt
10-25-2004, 08:18 PM
Why are all of your cars called Amish X3 or Amish ZHP. What is the significance of Amish??

You've never seen pics of Dr. Phil?

http://www.foetofklee.com/pix/me/amish.jpg

swchang
10-25-2004, 08:28 PM
Why are all of your cars called Amish X3 or Amish ZHP. What is the significance of Amish?? I know there are some Amish in Pennsylvania but does that have anyting to do with it. Just wondering.

swchang- comment uncalled for and uncessary. You can make your smart remarks next wednesday when everything is said and done.

I'll make my comments when I want to, thank you very much. :thumbup:

rumratt
10-25-2004, 08:46 PM
I'll make my comments when I want to, thank you very much. :thumbup:

There's a poly-sci forum for that, you know.

swchang
10-25-2004, 08:57 PM
There's a poly-sci forum for that, you know.

Yeah, but I'm not trying to turn this into a political thread. I mix topics when I talk in real life as well.

rumratt
10-25-2004, 08:58 PM
Yeah, but I'm not trying to turn this into a political thread. I mix topics when I talk in real life as well.

Ah, those folks who can't have a normal conversation without throwing in inappropriate political jabs. Always a pleasure. :rolleyes:

swchang
10-25-2004, 09:05 PM
Ah, those folks who can't have a normal conversation without throwing in inappropriate political jabs. Always a pleasure. :rolleyes:

I throw in other jabs as well. If you can't take the heat, rumratt, stay out of the kitchen.

rumratt
10-25-2004, 09:40 PM
If you can't take the heat, rumratt, stay out of the kitchen.

:confused: :loco:

Dr. Phil
10-26-2004, 04:52 AM

That picture is a close representation of me :eek: I live near the Amish area in PA so it is just something that stuck to my persona :D

rost12
10-26-2004, 06:37 AM
:confused: :loco:
No soup for you! :dunno: :)

LeucX3
10-26-2004, 08:37 AM

I think he also parks his cars in a barn and covers them with hay so his wife cant' see what he has. :D

pix330c
10-26-2004, 11:20 AM
That picture is a close representation of me :eek: I live near the Amish area in PA so it is just something that stuck to my persona :D

I saw that you DIY for a universial transceiver for you X3 on the DIY thread. Can you provide some additional details i.e., is it a simple out/in process or do you have to cut the plastic or headliner, also do instructions come with the part? Thanks, Pixie

Dr. Phil
10-26-2004, 12:08 PM
I saw that you DIY for a universial transceiver for you X3 on the DIY thread. Can you provide some additional details i.e., is it a simple out/in process or do you have to cut the plastic or headliner, also do instructions come with the part? Thanks, Pixie
That would have been for my 330. The X3 one is in the mirror I believe :dunno: