PDA

View Full Version : Dual 540i REMUS CUSTOM EXHAUST QUESTION???

bk540sport
10-24-2004, 06:33 PM
Hello, i have a 98 540i with m-tec bumpers i am going to be doing a custom exhaust next week, and well i have the car in the body shop now so while its there i am think i am going to have them do some work on the drunk pan, they i am going to do a dual universal remus set up, with no resonator, just go from each cat to each muffler a true dual setup, well i heard some sound clips that huminod posted Great by the way, and i love the way the dual remus no resonator sounded, but i biggest concern is do you all think that there will be a lot of droning at high way speed, i dont mind a little louder thats fine, and i love the sound when you get on it, but i just dont want to not be able to hear anyone in side the car, any info would be great, thanks

45's 540
08-26-2006, 08:19 PM
Hello, i have a 98 540i with m-tec bumpers i am going to be doing a custom exhaust next week, and well i have the car in the body shop now so while its there i am think i am going to have them do some work on the drunk pan, they i am going to do a dual universal remus set up, with no resonator, just go from each cat to each muffler a true dual setup, well i heard some sound clips that huminod posted Great by the way, and i love the way the dual remus no resonator sounded, but i biggest concern is do you all think that there will be a lot of droning at high way speed, i dont mind a little louder thats fine, and i love the sound when you get on it, but i just dont want to not be able to hear anyone in side the car, any info would be great, thanks
I don't have the m tech but i went a custom dual, took out the resonator and put some magnaflow straight pipes on. The sound is loud when your on the gas or the engines loaded up. On the highway there's no droning, but I love it when you step on the gas. You can here it inside the cabin, however it's just not intrusive. I'm a sales rep on the blue tooth all the time, people can hear me when I shift, however on the highway they just here the road noise.

Ågent99
08-28-2006, 08:45 AM
You realise that you are digging up a post/thread from almost 2 years ago?!