PDA

View Full Version : Triptonic Trans?

chicago-cubes
10-25-2004, 07:17 PM
Okay so I am lusting after a 540i Sport and may ned to settle for a 530. Still a good life (right)?. Many that I have seen advertise a Triptonic Trans....can someone clarrify what this is and provide any experiances?

Thanks in advance

markseven
10-25-2004, 08:44 PM
Okay so I am lusting after a 540i Sport and may ned to settle for a 530. Still a good life (right)?. Many that I have seen advertise a Triptonic Trans....can someone clarrify what this is and provide any experiances?

Thanks in advance
Actually, in bimmerspeak it's Steptronic. It's a way to manually shift through your autobox's gears using a forward or back flick of the shift lever (obviuosly, no clutch involved). It's a little wacky, it doesn't come close to a manual trans at all, so don't get your hopes up:p - I just leave the trans in sport mode if I want to drive aggressively. <O:p</O:p<O:p

-Mark

batastj
10-26-2004, 07:08 PM
Bull - I like the Steptronic Transmission. Don't leave it in Sport....drive it with hitting the shifter up and down. It is not a shift but it is the next best thing if you don't want to be bothered by shifting.

markseven
10-26-2004, 09:36 PM
It is not a shift but it is the next best thing if you don't want to be bothered by shifting.
:confused: :bustingup