PDA

View Full Version : search dealer inventory?

pjo1966
10-27-2004, 09:57 AM
I thought I had seen somewhere a web site that would search dealer inventories for new cars, but I can't find it. I think it was a site like cars.com or one of the others. I've tried every one I can think of. Does anyone have any idea? Some individual dealers allow you to search their inventories but I'm looking for a blanket search by area. Any help would be appreciated.

motordavid
10-27-2004, 10:04 AM
This isn't really the ans. you're looking for, but I don't recall any site that allows one to dig into "regional or country-wide inventory". I've done some searching on individual Stlr sites, (several brands), but that stuff is only as good as the Stlr's site.

As you mentioned, some dlrs will do a search; that's how we nailed down our X5. It took a week longer to transport from "holding" dlr to selling dlr, (several states away), but there was no bump in trans cost, etc.

If you come up with that site you are looking for, post it for the gang, here.
GL,md

petsounds
10-27-2004, 09:16 PM
One place you can try is autobase.com, but they represent only a few dealers. Another thing you can do is go to bmwworld.com. From there click on dealers and then pick a state. This will provide links to the dealerships. Some post theit inventories online. Good luck and have fun looking