PDA

View Full Version : X3 Sport Seat Problem

scottcan
10-27-2004, 10:02 AM
I took delivery of a new x3 3.0 a few weeks ago and have the sports and premium packages. The sports package comes with sport seats. My sport seats have a very uncomfortable ridge at the side and front of the seat portion of the seat. It seems like the stitching is too tight and causea a ridge that presses into the side and back of both legs. Perhaps some leather streching is in order? I have a medium size build (165 pounds) so I think the seats are either poorly designed or I have some defective seats. Has anyone else that has the sport seats experienced this problem?

Otherwise I am happy with my X3 so far except for the problem of no flashlight and some missing molding from the sunrrof. Thanks to this forum I have learned that BMW will install the flashlight as a courtesy. Now I need some snow tires.

Sore Legs.

flynhawaiian
10-28-2004, 09:53 AM
I kinda have the same problem on long trips with the sport seats... However, you just need to keep adjusting the seat unit you finally get in the right position. The problem with the seats is that they are too adjustable :) One of my problems is that the steering wheel doesn't come out as far as the 5 series so I cannot sit back as far as is comfortable. If that don't work get the recarro topline seats, they are way more comfortable :)

:violent:

Tell your service center to look this up :)

TSB (SI B 63 01 04 ) RECHARGEABLE FLASHLIGHT JULY 2004

Flyn...

I took delivery of a new x3 3.0 a few weeks ago and have the sports and premium packages. The sports package comes with sport seats. My sport seats have a very uncomfortable ridge at the side and front of the seat portion of the seat. It seems like the stitching is too tight and causea a ridge that presses into the side and back of both legs. Perhaps some leather streching is in order? I have a medium size build (165 pounds) so I think the seats are either poorly designed or I have some defective seats. Has anyone else that has the sport seats experienced this problem?

Otherwise I am happy with my X3 so far except for the problem of no flashlight and some missing molding from the sunrrof. Thanks to this forum I have learned that BMW will install the flashlight as a courtesy. Now I need some snow tires.

Sore Legs.

ProcyonB
10-30-2004, 01:18 AM
1600 miles on ED so far and no problems with the sport seats. Leg extensions are wonderful on long hauls. :)

LeucX3
11-01-2004, 08:24 AM
No problems here, i cant' help out, sorry...

scottcan
11-03-2004, 08:56 AM
I have another problem with my driver side sport seat. I noticed that the seat part of the seat at the back was not giving the back of my rear end very much support. Upon checking I noticed that the passsenger side sport seat has a firm section in the seat portion of the seat right below the spine. This firm section does not exist in my driver side seat. When I sit in the passenger seat I can feel the support at the back of my rear end. Could anyone with sport seats confirm that there should be a firm section in the seat as decribed above? I know it might be a nit picky issue but I will be taking long trips in my new X3 and want a comfortabe seat with the correct support.

Your help would be appretiated.

Larry
2004 X3, Premium, SP, 18" w/low profile tires, Xenon , BMW ipod connector