PDA

View Full Version : E39 Touring - rear cup holders

markseven
10-29-2004, 03:44 PM
Shelly BMW wants $52 for OEM E39 Touring rear cup holders. Even after the BMW CCA 20% discount, that's $40+. Does anyone sell this part for less?

TIA,
Mark

TheMatrixz
10-29-2004, 06:54 PM
$32 at my local dealer (MA), you can try Crevier or Pacific BMW, they usually have lower prices, but only worth it if you purchase a few more items to save shipping cost

markseven
10-29-2004, 07:25 PM
$32 at my local dealer (MA), you can try Crevier or Pacific BMW, they usually have lower prices, but only worth it if you purchase a few more items to save shipping cost
Tan,

I just got off the phone with Crev, they want $57. Ouch.

-Mark

Tyrone
10-29-2004, 07:47 PM
Tan,

I just got off the phone with Crev, they want $57. Ouch.

-Mark

Mark, you need to talk to Vaheh at Crevier! Either that or ask for Internet parts. It'll be a LOT less than that 57 figure.

gojira-san
10-29-2004, 07:58 PM
Wow that's good information - I have a broken cup holder in the back - I'll replace it with that little tray thing, it has to be cheaper. I don't like having food/drinks in the car anyway ;)

You might also try some used parts dealers, ones that specialize in BMWs - you might be able to score one cheap that way (though they seem to break easily!)

Tyrone
10-29-2004, 09:52 PM
Wow that's good information - I have a broken cup holder in the back - I'll replace it with that little tray thing, it has to be cheaper. I don't like having food/drinks in the car anyway ;)

You might also try some used parts dealers, ones that specialize in BMWs - you might be able to score one cheap that way (though they seem to break easily!)

Ah yes, that's a good idea. The part is cheaper and it also discourages beverages in the back. I paid $7 for that a few years ago. I don't use it, but I keep thinking it's perfect for a small pack of tissues or a little cleaning cloth for the car. And it won't break!

markseven
10-29-2004, 10:38 PM
Ah yes, that's a good idea. The part is cheaper and it also discourages beverages in the back. I paid $7 for that a few years ago. I don't use it, but I keep thinking it's perfect for a small pack of tissues or a little cleaning cloth for the car. And it won't break!
Tyrone/Pete,

What little tray thing? Post a pic, maybe... or a link? I don't allow food or drinks in my car either, it just bugs me that it's broken. Thanks guys :)

-Mark

gojira-san
10-29-2004, 10:57 PM
If you go to this page: http://members.roadfly.com/Agent99/armrest.htm and scroll down to the first picture under installation, where the tray is being removed, you get an idea of what it looks like.

--pete

markseven
10-29-2004, 11:30 PM
If you go to this page: http://members.roadfly.com/Agent99/armrest.htm and scroll down to the first picture under installation, where the tray is being removed, you get an idea of what it looks like.

--pete
Thanks, Pete. I'll price the tray tomorrow - it looks like a good replacement for the cupholders.

-Mark

AsianImage
10-30-2004, 12:53 AM
Thanks, Pete. I'll price the tray tomorrow - it looks like a good replacement for the cupholders.

-Mark

Please post up your findings...maybe I will do the same. I think a tray is more useful anyway.

Oscswa
10-30-2004, 01:10 AM
Is this the one your referring to or do I have the wrong part?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7931301966&category=63691

ebay has it for about $30

markseven
10-30-2004, 08:22 AM
Is this the one your referring to or do I have the wrong part?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7931301966&category=63691

ebay has it for about $30
Hi Oscswa :) ,

That's a pretty good price: $35 (tax cause I'm in CA + shipping), but I could avoid the eBay gamble and get an OEM part for $10 more. That being said, If I do get the cupholder and not the tray, I'll see where the bidding is on the item you posted and make a decision then. Thanks for the link - I didn't think of checking eBay!

-Mark

Oscswa
11-01-2004, 02:02 AM
Hi Oscswa :) ,

That's a pretty good price: $35 (tax cause I'm in CA + shipping), but I could avoid the eBay gamble and get an OEM part for $10 more. That being said, If I do get the cupholder and not the tray, I'll see where the bidding is on the item you posted and make a decision then. Thanks for the link - I didn't think of checking eBay!

-Mark
Hey Mark,

Try emailing the guy and ask him if he can do a buy it now price. Better yet I need 2 sets (one for me and a buddy), ask him if you buy 3 sets will he give it to you at a cheaper price. I can PayPal you the money if he says yes, just let me know.

markseven
11-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Hey Mark,

Try emailing the guy and ask him if he can do a buy it now price. Better yet I need 2 sets (one for me and a buddy), ask him if you buy 3 sets will he give it to you at a cheaper price. I can PayPal you the money if he says yes, just let me know.
Hi Guys,

I spoke with Vaheh at Crevier (thanks Tyrone :) ), and he said $32 for one, or $30 for 3 :thumbup: . Ocsawa, if you want two, let me know and we'll work something out.

-Mark

Oscswa
11-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Hi Guys,

I spoke with Vaheh at Crevier (thanks Tyrone :) ), and he said $32 for one, or $30 for 3 :thumbup: . Ocsawa, if you want two, let me know and we'll work something out.

-Mark

I will take one for sure, let me talk to my buddy and see if $30 is ok for him. I'll get back with you. Email me oxmartin@wnco.com

markseven
11-02-2004, 08:57 AM
I will take one for sure, let me talk to my buddy and see if $30 is ok for him. I'll get back with you. Email me oxmartin@wnco.com
Hi Oscswa,

PM me when you know how many you want. :)

-Mark

Patrick
11-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Oddly enough, I added cupholders as my POS E39 came without them. But, being an American in Finland, I had to have them. :eeps:

And oddly enough, you cannot order either just front or rear cupholders; they are a set, priced at 92 EUR.

My three year old, has now broken the rear cupholders twice, making me wish that I had just never had the rear ones installed.

For now, they are closed shut with black gaf tape.

markseven
11-02-2004, 02:57 PM
Oddly enough, I added cupholders as my POS E39 came without them. But, being an American in Finland, I had to have them. :eeps:

And oddly enough, you cannot order either just front or rear cupholders; they are a set, priced at 92 EUR.

My three year old, has now broken the rear cupholders twice, making me wish that I had just never had the rear ones installed.

For now, they are closed shut with black gaf tape.

I thought about leaving the rear cupholders as they were, but for $30 I may as well replace them. What does POS stand for?

-Mark

vexed
11-02-2004, 02:59 PM
I thought about leaving the rear cupholders as they were, but for $30 I may as well replace them. What does POS stand for?

-Mark
POS= piece of $hite

Patrick
11-02-2004, 03:03 PM
POS= piece of $hite

Thanks, old man ... :yikes:

:bigpimp:

vexed
11-02-2004, 03:09 PM
Thanks, old man ... :yikes:

:bigpimp:

:p I don't have rear cupholders, the E39 cupholders are a joke. I would not place an empty paper cup in the front cupholders.:eek:

Patrick
11-02-2004, 03:12 PM
:p I don't have rear cupholders, the E39 cupholders are a joke. I would not place an empty paper cup in the front cupholders.:eek:

Yeah. The rears do suck. But I really have not had any trouble with the fronts, other than (depending on what is being held in them), they get in the way of the HVAC controls.

If I was drinking a Mickey's Big Mouth and driving, then I suppose there would not be any problem.

:eeps: :eek:

vexed
11-02-2004, 03:17 PM
If I was drinking a Mickey's Big Mouth and driving, then I suppose there would not be any problem.

:eeps: :eek:

.If:confused: The prior owner installed one of these:thumbup:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39413

markseven
11-02-2004, 05:24 PM
POS= piece of $hite
:rofl: Haha, I thought it was a European dealer code or something (maybe it is, huh?) :)

-Mark