PDA

View Full Version : performance mods for X3

jpknupp
11-02-2004, 04:54 PM
I just bought an X3 3.0 6-speed, and I love the ride considering it's an SAV. I just wish it had a little more power--like my friends M3 or an S4. Any suggestions? I've looked at the ASA supercharger, but $8000 sounds excessive. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

flynhawaiian
11-02-2004, 05:12 PM
You want some power eh? Drop an e46 M3 engine in it. I talked with my service advisor and he said it was doable. You could then drop a supercharger on it and the you will have some serious HP. :violent: I've been thinking about the m3 engine though :) maybe when the warrenty runs out :)

I just bought an X3 3.0 6-speed, and I love the ride considering it's an SAV. I just wish it had a little more power--like my friends M3 or an S4. Any suggestions? I've looked at the ASA supercharger, but $8000 sounds excessive. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

ladrstea
11-30-2004, 11:59 AM
Hartge or schnitzer would be able to find out some more HP...

samuelcoleyx3
05-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Watsup guys. I have a 2006 x3 im looking to find a lowering kit. Coilovers, lowering springs, anything, just looking to give it a more race ready look. Any suggestions?

Evlengr
05-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Near impossible to make any improvements on the X3. I just sent an e mail to Dinan asking what might be available.

One of the main reasons why mine is up for sale.

I was sadly shocked when I found out that pretty much all that's out there is cosmetic.

No short shifter, no handling upgrades, nada.