PDA

View Full Version : 2005 545i

subterFUSE
11-05-2004, 03:31 PM
Well... I just got home from the dealer. My 2005 545i just arrived today. They still have to detail it, so I won't pick it up until the morning. Can't wait to drive it.

2005 545i
Titanium Gray
Black Interior
Antracite Trim
SMG Transmission
Premum Sound
Navigation
Comfort Seats
Sport Package
Active Cruise
Folding Rear Seats
Satellite Radio

:)

530iii
11-05-2004, 03:49 PM
Well... I just got home from the dealer. My 2005 545i just arrived today. They still have to detail it, so I won't pick it up until the morning. Can't wait to drive it.

2005 545i
Titanium Gray
Black Interior
Antracite Trim
SMG Transmission
Premum Sound
Navigation
Comfort Seats
Sport Package
Active Cruise
Folding Rear Seats
Satellite Radio

Bling, Bling :bigpimp: :str8pimpi :bling: You are styling! Can't wait for mine!

subterFUSE
11-06-2004, 02:04 PM
Was supposed to pick it up this morning, but the car got scratched by the detailers at the dealership. They have to fix it now, so I won't get it until Monday.

:mad:

DotBalm
11-14-2004, 09:59 AM
Was supposed to pick it up this morning, but the car got scratched by the detailers at the dealership. They have to fix it now, so I won't get it until Monday.

:mad:

Damn, as soon as I read your original post I thought - don't let them do that. /sigh/ then I read they scratched it.

The best advice I received in this area was when taking delivery, take it to a detailer that you trust (or in my case someone I knew trusted with his black BMW's and MB).

Have them do a new car prep, will include washing, claying/polishing, waxing. They also will treat the inside of the car though I don't know if that's as necessary. I had this done while I was still too dangerous to wash an expensive black car. It cost me approx $400 (ouch). At this point I can do most of the same work myself.

The cars can sit for quite some time before the dealer takes delivery so contaminants can settle into the clear coat. You may not be able to convince the dealer not to clean the car for when you take delivery, if that's the case, at least never let them clean it again if you can help it. The initial elation of a bonus cleaning after taking the car in for service is short lived once you see how some non-caring individual wiped semi-circle scratches over your hood or trunk. My .02. :mad:

HurstTX
11-15-2004, 05:44 PM

2005 545i
Titanium Gray
Black Interior
Antracite Trim
SMG Transmission
Premum Sound
Navigation
Comfort Seats
Sport Package
Active Cruise
Folding Rear Seats
Satellite Radio

With the exception of SMG, that is the exact same car as mine :). Can't wait for mine to ome in, you're in for a real treat.

mojosaan
11-30-2004, 10:35 AM
I'm curious, how much of a deal did you guys get?

subterFUSE
11-30-2004, 10:38 AM
Paid sticker.

beewang
11-30-2004, 10:58 AM
Paid sticker.

Yeap!!

speedracerf4i
11-30-2004, 04:12 PM
Paid sticker.

:thumbup: Way to keep the resale value of 5er high.