PDA

View Full Version : X3 Colors

parrothead72
11-08-2004, 08:41 AM
Has anyone seen an X3 in Alpine White? Was thinking about Alpine White with Sand Leather as a good combination. Thanks in advance.

CHud
11-08-2004, 08:55 AM
Has anyone seen an X3 in Alpine White? Was thinking about Alpine White with Sand Leather as a good combination. Thanks in advance.

I saw it last Thursday at the dealer. It was NMS but the dealer said very popular. It was the last 2004 they had in stock

dherzfeld
11-08-2004, 05:34 PM
For me, any vehicle looks good in white. The contrast between the white and black bumpers & body trim, red/white tail-lights, dark windows, etc. is appealing to my eye. Looks great clean, and scratches don't show as much. One of my top choices. The BMW alpine white is a nice warm white.

DH

Dr. Phil
11-08-2004, 05:58 PM
I saw the alpine and almost bought it with the Terracotta interior. If it were a 3.0 I would have it now.... :eek:

Kaz
11-08-2004, 06:00 PM
White/sand is a great color combo. I almost did it on my E46. But I see a lot of X3s around here, and white is about the worst color for it. The white/black contrast that works well on E36s and E46 sedan/touring does not work on the X3. There is way too much black cladding. It reminds me of a stripper 96 Dodge Neon.

Flamenco Red and Mystic Blue are the two best colors on the X3. No question.

FireFly
11-08-2004, 06:15 PM
White/sand is a great color combo. I almost did it on my E46. But I see a lot of X3s around here, and white is about the worst color for it. The white/black contrast that works well on E36s and E46 sedan/touring does not work on the X3. There is way too much black cladding. It reminds me of a stripper 96 Dodge Neon.

Flamenco Red and Mystic Blue are the two best colors on the X3. No question.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion :)

peoe2
11-09-2004, 01:59 PM
What about Silver Grey, what do you all think?

To my taste, titanium grey is too bright and silver grey too dark. Do any of you own a silver grey, is it too dark/sad?

As said above we're talking about opinions and we're not making rules but I'm still interested to see what people think about the silver grey.

Thanks.

SARAFIL
11-09-2004, 02:08 PM
I love white BMWs! We've had a few white BMWs in our family.

The X3 looks fine in white, in my opinion. I've seen a few in white, including white with sand beige interior. I'd have no problem buying one.

Some of you might be interested in seeing a white one with an aero kit. We've got a white one coming in soon that we plan to put the aero kit on, so I'll be sure to get some pictures of it when it gets here.

dherzfeld
11-11-2004, 06:32 PM
To follow up on my previous post in this thread, let me say that the black bumpers on the X3 probably lend themselves to a darker body color than white. I followed a white unit on the freeway today, and only noticed the black bumper in back. Some body colored bumpers would be a nice option on the X3. But not the dorky aero package.

peoe2
11-12-2004, 02:09 PM
That's in fact why I was looking at the Silver Grey. It matches better (to my taste) with the black bumpers. But I find this color a bit sad.

jabud3@aol.com
11-13-2004, 07:24 AM
Color on the X3 is on my mind too. I want my X3 to look as much like the X5 as possible. I also want it to look as luxurious and rich as poss. That's why I was considering black with tan interior. This way, you might not notice the black bumpers as much. But my husband thinks it's a bad idea, that it will be too difficult to keep clean.

Also, is it really worth it to get leather over leatherette? I was thinking about tan leatherette.

peoe2
11-13-2004, 08:23 AM
Black is actually nice. I've seen a couple of them and it goes well with the X3.
As far as leaher vs. leatherette, I'm going with leatherette for costs reasons. If you can afford leather go for it.

jabud3@aol.com
11-13-2004, 08:40 AM
Black is actually nice. I've seen a couple of them and it goes well with the X3.
As far as leaher vs. leatherette, I'm going with leatherette for costs reasons. If you can afford leather go for it.

Thanks for your opinion! Black, white, or deep blue. Hmmmm..... All in tan leatherette.
Decisions, decisions! : )

paul3
11-13-2004, 11:21 AM
I liked the white/sand on the lot. I ended going with an white/terracotta, 2005 3.0.

I also think that black/black looks really good. I have saphire black Z4 and, thought the driveway would end up looking like a limo lot. So I went with white.

I hope it looks good! Its "en route" and due late November.

jabud3@aol.com
11-13-2004, 12:32 PM
I liked the white/sand on the lot. I ended going with an white/terracotta, 2005 3.0.

I also think that black/black looks really good. I have saphire black Z4 and, thought the driveway would end up looking like a limo lot. So I went with white.

I hope it looks good! Its "en route" and due late November.

Very fun! Do you think there's a big difference between jet black and sahpire black? What differences do you think it really gives for the car?

Also, did you lease your X3? If so, is it true that the '05's are better priced leases? Also I heard that there is a little bit more room in the back of the '05's than the '04's. True?

dherzfeld
11-14-2004, 10:38 AM
Color on the X3 is on my mind too. I want my X3 to look as much like the X5 as possible. I also want it to look as luxurious and rich as poss. That's why I was considering black with tan interior. This way, you might not notice the black bumpers as much. But my husband thinks it's a bad idea, that it will be too difficult to keep clean.

Also, is it really worth it to get leather over leatherette? I was thinking about tan leatherette.

In my opinion, on a $35K+ vehicle, the letherette interior really looks less than desirable (read crappy). I've driven both and the leather has a far nicer feel to it inside. If I'm buying a BMW, quick, fast, well handling luxury is what is what I'm after, and a 2.5 leatherette unit doesn't cut it for me at any price. For the same price as the 2.5 leatherette, I would rather have a decked out Honda Pilot.

A black & tan is a winning combo, good drink too.

mguhler
11-20-2004, 07:30 AM
I'm in Jet black with black leather and I love it. Everyone has their own opinion, but I like the Jet Black more that sapphire (too sparkly). And with the aluminum trim, the black interior looks really hot.
My father has an 02 325 with tan leather and it has taken a beating. Only 16K miles and the interior is so dirty and difficult to get clean.

dherzfeld
12-03-2004, 06:37 AM
I'm in Jet black with black leather and I love it. Everyone has their own opinion, but I like the Jet Black more that sapphire (too sparkly). And with the aluminum trim, the black interior looks really hot.
My father has an 02 325 with tan leather and it has taken a beating. Only 16K miles and the interior is so dirty and difficult to get clean.

In Houston TX, black interiors not only look really hot, they are literally REALLY HOT.

ProcyonB
12-03-2004, 02:46 PM

Yes, and it looked surprisingly good.

Desertnate
12-03-2004, 03:13 PM
I'm not a fan of any white car, let alone one with as much black cladding as an X3. The best looking X3's I have seen were black...

(Take my opinion for what it is worth...I have seen a total of 5 in person since they hit the market. One is on the dealer showroom floor.)

iChick
12-03-2004, 05:44 PM
I'm with you regarding the black. I just put in an order last week for a Sapphire black, black leather 2005 X3 3.0. I've had a white and two titanium silver 3-series over the years and always stayed away from black. But with those bumpers, I agree, the black looks best.

andy_thomas
12-04-2004, 07:31 AM
In my opinion, on a $35K+ vehicle, the letherette interior really looks less than desirable (read crappy). I've driven both and the leather has a far nicer feel to it inside. If I'm buying a BMW, quick, fast, well handling luxury is what is what I'm after, and a 2.5 leatherette unit doesn't cut it for me at any price. For the same price as the 2.5 leatherette, I would rather have a decked out Honda Pilot.

A black & tan is a winning combo, good drink too.
You want fast luxury and good handling, so you're buying a jacked-up BMW soft-roader? :dunno:

dherzfeld
12-07-2004, 08:32 AM
You want fast luxury and good handling, so you're buying a jacked-up BMW soft-roader? :dunno:
You got it. Either that or a Chevy Suburban. :thumbup:

Understand that I work in the oilfield eqpt business and see some offroad time on dirt/mud and the X3 represents the best compromise between utility and sport driving for my needs. Much better than Expedition, Explorer, Suburban, Tahoe, Pilot, Pathfinder, Murano, 4Runner, Highlander, etc. I'm not comparing the X3 to a Corvette, 911, or a 330i.

mguhler
12-07-2004, 03:58 PM
In Houston TX, black interiors not only look really hot, they are literally REALLY HOT.

Quite true, we vacation in Delaware most weekends in the summer and that interior gets roaring hot. But to be honest it isn't as bad as one may think.
I like the total black look-> top, bottom, inside...