PDA

View Full Version : Power Folding Mirror anyone?

the worm
11-08-2004, 05:20 PM
I have my 05 X3 on order with power folding mirrors and was wondering if anyone has them. Do you know if they fold up (I think the X5 does) or do they fold sideways? Any info is appreciated. Also, where is the button to activate them located?

Thanks

bork111
11-08-2004, 06:38 PM
They fold in sideways. (I hope that my definition of "sideways" is the same as yours.) If you were to grab the outer part of the mirror and pull them straight back so that the mirror's surface was parallel to the windows, that's what you would have.

bork111
11-08-2004, 06:42 PM
I forgot to add how it worked. There is a knob that allows you to adjust the position of the mirrors (click it left and the joystick adjusts the driver's mirror, click it to the right to adjust the passenger.) If you click the knob to the very far left, that causes them to fold inwards. Just note: this was my experience on a 2004 X3. I would assume that they didn't change this for the 05, but you never know.

the worm
11-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Thanks bork111! Seems like there are not many people who have this option. I just happen to have a very skinny driveway so I needed to get it.

sfca-325i
11-09-2004, 01:47 PM
Hey worm,

izzat your screen name from hondapilot.org?

sfca-325i aka sfhondapilot

the worm
11-09-2004, 09:55 PM
Hey worm,

izzat your screen name from hondapilot.org?

sfca-325i aka sfhondapilot

Nope no honda here... ever since I bought my wife her first 328i for her accord we have been a BMW family :thumbup:

the worm
11-15-2004, 01:31 PM
One last question to anyone that has the power folding mirrors... would one of you mind measuring the width from mirror to mirror with them folded in? On RoadFly someone was stating that they both sides were not folding in the same amount. I posted the same question over there but I am trying to find out the width of an 05 w/ power folded mirrors folded in. If anyone could take a few minutes and post that measurement, I would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

the worm
06-20-2007, 09:14 PM
My 04 lease is going to end and I was going to get a new one but as you can read above I NEED the power folding options. Was this option removed???? If so when? :(

johntchow
06-20-2007, 10:19 PM
on the 07 it is standard with the premium package i believe. may be standard on all. but its definitely available as i have it on my 07. its just a button now tho that you press and it closes in.

cbj
06-21-2007, 06:09 AM
Damn I missed that was an option - just what I need.

the worm
06-21-2007, 06:53 AM
on the 07 it is standard with the premium package i believe. may be standard on all. but its definitely available as i have it on my 07. its just a button now tho that you press and it closes in.

Good to hear... I guess I just need to figure out what package it is included. Thanks! :rofl:

stangmatt66
06-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Power folding mirrors is a part of the premium package on 2007 X3's. It's just a button you push next to the mirror controls. I'd assume the system works just like on the e90, so you can probably put the key in the door to roll up the windows, close the sunroof and fold the mirrors.

johntchow
06-21-2007, 11:29 AM
if it can be folded by key turn then it must need to be programmed because by default it doesnt do it, at least not on mine.

i didnt even know the car had power folding mirrors when i got mine. i just pressed the button when i got home and heard this buzzing sound from outside and was like, "dude thats cool"

the worm
06-21-2007, 12:40 PM
It is a very cool feature (and a necessity for me based on my driveway)! I have it on my 04 but it was an option, I am glad to see that it is in the Premium package as I start getting ready to get a new one now that my lease is up! :thumbup:

emcman
06-21-2007, 01:16 PM
On mine I hit a button to fold them but they fold out with speeds above 25 MPH. I imagine the fob can be programed but I have not messed with it. I use it most places just to make a smaller target for others to hit.

AzNMpower32
06-21-2007, 02:15 PM
On mine I hit a button to fold them but they fold out with speeds above 25 MPH. I imagine the fob can be programed but I have not messed with it. I use it most places just to make a smaller target for others to hit.
Yes, the key fob can be programmed to fold mirrors and roll up windows, but they will not do it in the US. Convenience close is only for those lucky people outside of the US. :thumbdwn:

x3ronnie
06-23-2007, 09:21 AM
Does anyone know if the mirrors will fold in manually on impact? That was a great feature on '04 X3. This way, if you hit something (or something hits you) the mirrors will not break.

JerseyBoy
06-27-2007, 07:37 AM
One last question to anyone that has the power folding mirrors... would one of you mind measuring the width from mirror to mirror with them folded in? On RoadFly someone was stating that they both sides were not folding in the same amount. I posted the same question over there but I am trying to find out the width of an 05 w/ power folded mirrors folded in. If anyone could take a few minutes and post that measurement, I would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

This is a great question but I did not see a response. Does anyone know what the incremental benefit (in inches) of folding these mirrors?

We have a VERY narrow garage and need every inch...