PDA

View Full Version : A bunch of questions...

chania98
11-09-2004, 07:05 PM
Hey all:

I currently have a 325xi leased coming due June 05.

I have started doing some research on the next vehicle.

My priorities are:
1. Must be SUV
2. Performance - specifically handling - basically how much a car can put a smile on my face.
3. Price
4. comfort
5. reliability
6. design - interior and exterior
7. mileage

With the following priorities I have narrowed down to the X3 and long shot Toureag.

I am 99.9999% going for the X3.

I am looking to do European Delivery ... on X3 3.0 Auto HKS Privacy Bluetooth maybe Xenons...what do you guys think of this spec?

I need auto because of my wife...ever since I got the 325xi with a manual, I never stop hearing it :)

Anyway, as far as ED, I was thinking of picking the car up sometime June in munich and drive around Northern Italy and maybe South France?...any recommendations on this thought?

Also, I live in NYC, and bumpers get scuffed up very easily as we park into tiny spots. I saw this bumper guard http://www.satch.us/AlCan/photos/galleries/Gallery1/images/StartAkHwy-Miller.jpg
Does anyone have it or know where i would be able to get it...it looks pretty good.

I will also look into getting the rear view mirror with the compass as well as aux input, ski/bike rack and towing package.

I will use the SAV for many purposes...commuting, hunting, fishing, ski, bike, Home Depot stuff, etc...

Do you guys have any advice for any other packages or accesories that would be nifty or just comment on my approach?

Thanks in advance for all your input.

chania98

flynhawaiian
11-09-2004, 07:43 PM
Xenon are a must, don't even think about not getting them. Having a 325 performance, doesn't look like a big need. However I would recommend the 30 engine hands down. I think with the right mods the X3 can handle far better than the X5 (which it does currently).
Sports package is a must. I would get the bmw assist (as the '05's have built in bluetooth). Panoramic roof is bad ass. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hey all:

I currently have a 325xi leased coming due June 05.

I have started doing some research on the next vehicle.

My priorities are:
1. Must be SUV
2. Performance - specifically handling - basically how much a car can put a smile on my face.
3. Price
4. comfort
5. reliability
6. design - interior and exterior
7. mileage

With the following priorities I have narrowed down to the X3 and long shot Toureag.

I am 99.9999% going for the X3.

I am looking to do European Delivery ... on X3 3.0 Auto HKS Privacy Bluetooth maybe Xenons...what do you guys think of this spec?

I need auto because of my wife...ever since I got the 325xi with a manual, I never stop hearing it :)

Anyway, as far as ED, I was thinking of picking the car up sometime June in munich and drive around Northern Italy and maybe South France?...any recommendations on this thought?

Also, I live in NYC, and bumpers get scuffed up very easily as we park into tiny spots. I saw this bumper guard http://www.satch.us/AlCan/photos/galleries/Gallery1/images/StartAkHwy-Miller.jpg
Does anyone have it or know where i would be able to get it...it looks pretty good.

I will also look into getting the rear view mirror with the compass as well as aux input, ski/bike rack and towing package.

I will use the SAV for many purposes...commuting, hunting, fishing, ski, bike, Home Depot stuff, etc...

Do you guys have any advice for any other packages or accesories that would be nifty or just comment on my approach?

Thanks in advance for all your input.

chania98

rbe
11-09-2004, 10:02 PM
I would be very cautious in southern France. Be sure your car is parked in a locked enclosure. We found that many hotels/motels, even small ones now offer this. See my experience http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63895&