PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to look up serials from VIN?

samps
11-10-2004, 08:11 AM
Hey everyone, about a month ago my storage locker in the basement of my apartment got broken into, and 4 of my OEM style 66 wheels were taken. Sometime in the past few days, it got broken into again, and my spare 66 wheel, along with all (ALL) of my OEM stereo equipment was taken. As usual, the cops can't do anything.

Is it possible to look up what serial #'s of parts were installed in my car from the VIN? If I can give the cops #'s, they can at least enter them into the database.

Thanks,

Simpson

DYuk
11-10-2004, 09:45 AM
Hey everyone, about a month ago my storage locker in the basement of my apartment got broken into, and 4 of my OEM style 66 wheels were taken. Sometime in the past few days, it got broken into again, and my spare 66 wheel, along with all (ALL) of my OEM stereo equipment was taken. As usual, the cops can't do anything.

Is it possible to look up what serial #'s of parts were installed in my car from the VIN? If I can give the cops #'s, they can at least enter them into the database.

Thanks,

Simpson

have the VIN stamped on them (engine? / chassis on shock tower? / doors? ) to deter chop shop parts being re-sold, but generally no. May be I am wrong but I don't think there are even serial #s on the wheels. If you haven't copied your serial #s down I think you're out of luck.