PDA

View Full Version : BMW Bluetooth Compatible phones; What WORKS?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Beemersn
02-27-2007, 10:46 PM
I just purchased a Blackberry 8800 with Cingular. I was able to pair the phone with my cars bluethooth (I Drive) but unable to access my contacts.

Has anyone able to successfully pair a BB 8800? Please let me know.

Thanks

verbatim21
03-02-2007, 01:40 PM
I know a lot of people have been having positive experiences with the Motorola Q and their BMW's with IDrive, but my question is.. I am a sprint user and the Motorola Q is not listed as a compatable phone for sprint. Is this true it will not work like the verizon models or have they just not updated it yet and is anyone useing a sprint model Moto Q.

Thanks!

Brian

stream
03-02-2007, 04:09 PM
I know a lot of people have been having positive experiences with the Motorola Q and their BMW's with IDrive, but my question is.. I am a sprint user and the Motorola Q is not listed as a compatable phone for sprint. Is this true it will not work like the verizon models or have they just not updated it yet and is anyone useing a sprint model Moto Q.

Thanks!

Brian

FWIW, I got a Q from Verizon when they were first released, and it did not work well with iDrive. Took forever to load a few hundred contacts, and would unpair from car after I'd hang up from a call--and I'd have to wait a few minutes for it to pair and load the contacts again. Plus it froze up a lot, so after trying 3 different ones, I returned it.

MAC63500
03-04-2007, 03:23 AM
I just purchased a Blackberry 8800 with Cingular. I was able to pair the phone with my cars bluethooth (I Drive) but unable to access my contacts.

Has anyone able to successfully pair a BB 8800? Please let me know.

Thanks

I assume it is the same as it is with the 8100 (Pearl). You have to select Options > Bluetooth > Select your BMW > Then choose "Transfer Address Book."

It has been a while since I actually did this with my phone, but I remember that it worked perfectly the first time.

Hope it helps.

BMWSTL
03-04-2007, 08:09 AM
I assume it is the same as it is with the 8100 (Pearl). You have to select Options > Bluetooth > Select your BMW > Then choose "Transfer Address Book."

It has been a while since I actually did this with my phone, but I remember that it worked perfectly the first time.

Hope it helps.

Beemersn, please post if this works or not. I'm thinking about upgrading my BB 8700 to an 8800, but have held off until I know that the new device is compatible.

Lou

excapnal
03-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Phone model: Cingular 6102i
Car model:
[x] ability to make/receive calls
[x] phone book automatically synches to car
[x] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[x] calling name display (using adddress book)
[have not tried] ability to send/receive SMS

Do the "x"'s mean NO or YES; what is the CPT 8000 upgrade??

I have two Cingular 6102s on the way and thought I had ordered something that would not work.

Beemersn
03-04-2007, 09:33 PM

Hope it helps.

Thanks Mac. BB 8800 works great and all my contacts are available in bluetooth.

symphony
03-05-2007, 07:04 AM
I can second that. I just paired my Blackberry 8800 with my brand new 530xiT (picked up Thursday) and it works perfectly, all contacts (900+) load in. Also, my KRZR from T-mobile works flawlessly.

peetah68
03-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Is there a special cable that you need to connect your phone to the phone cradle for charging??

Thanks
Peter
2006 530xi

SSbear44
03-14-2007, 08:52 AM
Just bought an LG8300 and it synced up perfectly. Ihad an LG8100 which alowed me to talk on the phone, but would not sync the address book. The 8300 synced the address book.

KJG66
03-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Another phone for the list, is the Sony Ericsson K610i. Set mine up last night and it works perfectly with our 2006 323i, including all functionality..phone listing, missed calls, buttons on steering wheel, etc etc.

Kev

ks-man
03-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Asking for some intelligent speculation here (oxymoron :dunno: )

I'm getting a new 535 in two months (on order now) and I have a Sprint/Samsung a900 which I like. However from this thread I'm aware that the a900 doesn't work well with the BMW bluetooth and I'd be better off with the m500.

Do people think that anything is likely to change with Sprint phones working with BMWs in the next two months? Is there any chance that older phones (like my a900) will be able to work with all the features on the BMW, or do you think BMW will add new phones to the compatible list? If not I guess I would get the m500 now to become familiar with it by the time my car arrives.

Again I'm aware this is pure speculation but I think others have been following the BMW bluetooth situation closer than I have been.

Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

hunterabq
03-21-2007, 08:58 AM
Find a Compatible Handset - Not all Bluetooth phones will work!
Unfortunately, not all Bluetooth compatible phones will work (partially or fully) with BMW's Bluetooth systems. As such, “Bluetooth” is an ambiguous term and insufficient to ensure compatibility. That is unfortunate, since "Bluetooth" is all that is typically included in the phone's description.

My experience is a good example: my do-everything SonyEricsson P900 does not work with my Bluetooth-capable car (the SonyEricsson P900 lacks a "handsfree profile" required to work with the BMW implementation of integration of cell phone and car). Successful 6 Series Bluetoth retrofit, but phone incompatible (http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e63/5905660-1.html)

Even if you have a "BT-compatible" phone with the BT "handsfree profile," there are other features that may or may not work properly. For example, the phone should automatically share its phone book with the car to enable a set of nice features: based on your phone's address book: Calling Name display and

BMW Customer Assistance has a short list of compatible phones (SE T68i, SE T610, SE T630, Motorola V600). A more extensive compatibility list is here:
More extensive list of BMW-compatible phones (http://www.x5world.net/bluetooth_compatible_phones.htm )

What phones work for you?
Please share what works for you so that we can all share in your experience and knowledge.

Please post your experience: :thumbup:
----------------------------------------------
Phone model: Motorola V710
Car model:
[ x] ability to make/receive calls
[x ] phone book automatically synches to car
[ ] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[ ] calling name display (using adddress book)
[ ] ability to send/receive SMS

Phone syncs and reads phone book, but cannot use voice commands thru BMW 530i. Phone alone takes voice commands but evidently doesn't move over to BMW. BMW "voice" reports nothing on phone book, but can see phone book and all entries on IPod screen and can manually select name. Hardly "handfree" Had to shut off power saver lest phone go to sleep and not wake in time to take call.

hunterabq
03-22-2007, 11:53 AM
Phone model: Motorola V710
Car model: 2007 530i

My V710 went to Verizon tech services, and they talked to Motorola -- the software update referenced on BMW site (8700_01.40.0R) doesn't exist. Tech gave me a newer version of the V710, but it works the same. Can see my phone book, can receive calls, but voice commands do not work, and little voice comes back with "phone book is not present", even though I can see it on the display. I can also use it, but hardly makes it hands free to select a name and then tell it to dial. The V710, without BMW bluetooth, will take voice commands - name dial, number dial, etc. Did have to turn off battery saver to make sure phone doesn't go to sleep, as if it does, phone answers before car see the phone again. May upgrade phone, but not until I am sure upgrade fully works with BMW. Like the verizon network - tired others but too many dropped calls!:cry:

bjf123
03-26-2007, 02:34 PM
I know a lot of people here use the Motorola Razr V3 since it seems to work so well with the 5 Series bluetooth. The screen on mine, actually behind the screen, is getting very dirty. It looks like bits of dust and dirt that are making it harder and harder to read the display. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

HWF
03-26-2007, 08:09 PM
I used to have tha problem on an old Nokia. I brought it to a Cingular retail store, where I bought it, and they took the face off and cleaned the flat glass, Once I saw how easy it was, I did it myself whenever it got dirty.

TX535i
03-29-2007, 08:24 AM
I was able to pair a Cingular Blackberry 8100 (Pearl) with no problems to my '07 530i. Took a second to download the address book, but it works perfectly. Even works when my car is in the garage and my BBerry is in the house. Now I'm going to try to add my wife's and see if having 2 paired messes things up.

mauidreamer
03-29-2007, 01:32 PM
I have an old Motorola V710 that works fine. It does everything its supposed to but it is great news about the Q because I was planning to get one.

Juhls22
03-31-2007, 03:44 PM
Nokia e50 does not even pair with my 07 MCoupe. Nokia says there is a BMW software update that will solve that problem, but my dealer said the update does not exist.

Hope this saves someone some time/effort.

TX535i
03-31-2007, 07:09 PM
Phone syncs and reads phone book, but cannot use voice commands thru BMW 530i. Phone alone takes voice commands but evidently doesn't move over to BMW. BMW "voice" reports nothing on phone book, but can see phone book and all entries on IPod screen and can manually select name. Hardly "handfree" Had to shut off power saver lest phone go to sleep and not wake in time to take call.

To use the "dial name" function, you have to set up an address book in the BMW, vs. using the address book in your phone's address book. At first I did the same thing and it said the address book was empty. You have to say "save name" and then it will prompt you to state the name and number. That will save the name and # to the BMW's address book. Then you can use the voice dial to "dial name" and it should dial.

edgett
03-31-2007, 11:15 PM
Phone: Blackberry 8700g T-Mobile

Car model: 2007 335i
[ ] dial by name (without verbal training of system) Have not attempted
[X] calling name display (using adddress book)
[ ] ability to send/receive SMS Have not attempted

I was pleasantly surprised that my BB, which is not listed as a 'supported' phone, would synch properly, make calls, and that the bluetooth would download an extensive address book. Voice dialing works fine, although I have not yet tried to voice dial via the address book. I would appreciate it if the radio display (no iDrive, thankyouverymuch) worked with polarized sunglasses, but will gladly buy some non-polarized glasses for driving.

Bassesq
04-01-2007, 06:26 AM
Phone model: Blackberry 8703e (Verizon)
Car model: 07 530i (non-Nav)
[x ] ability to make/receive calls
[x ] calling name display (using adddress book)
[ ] ability to send/receive SMS (have not tried)

I just picked up my first BMW yesterday. No problem synching phone with Bluetooth. Each time I get in it auto finds the phone. :)

I had a little trouble getting the voice module to correctly repeat numbers associated with saved names, but then I found a post advising to speak normally and not to overenunciate or speak louder. I was then able last night to store another bunch of names/numbers in the voice command without any problems...this is awesome.

I don't even have to take the phone out of the holster to see who is calling!!! :D

shindigger
04-05-2007, 09:11 PM
My Cingular 8125 (HTC Wizard) works great in my '07 530xi

Phone model:
Car model:
[Yes] ability to make/receive calls
[Yes] phone book automatically synches to car
[Yes] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[Yes] calling name display (using adddress book)
[Not Tested] ability to send/receive SMS

gweiden
04-07-2007, 10:28 AM
This was so helpful - Thank you!

WMDavis1
04-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Has anyone had experience with the new Verizon Wireless LG VX8700 model? I would like to make sure that it is compatible with The BMW Bluetooth technology on my 2007 X3 before I purchase one. Thanks.

jasonrhcastle
04-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Mine is being delivered on Monday or Tuesday morning. I will post as soon as I pair it up...

jasonrhcastle
04-10-2007, 04:23 PM
The phone pairs flawlessly. Phonebook, signal meter both work. Only complaint is that connection is about 15-30 seconds after you start the car. Longer than my Cingular V3xx.

J

Chief F1 Fan
04-10-2007, 05:26 PM
I have an old Motorola V710 that works fine. It does everything its supposed to but it is great news about the Q because I was planning to get one.

I have a Q and it works flawlessly w/ my 530xi T 06. No problems at all.

ks-man
04-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Didn't hear back the last time, but I'm planning on buying a new phone (seems to be too many issues with the a900 and iDrive)

There seem to be very few Sprint phones that work, however there haven't been any postings lately. Does anybody know what current Sprint phones work with the 530/535 other than the Samsung m500?

italia4
04-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Blackberry Pearl

Car model: 2007 525

[?] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[?] ability to send/receive SMS

forrby
04-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Anyone know if bluetooth works with the Cingular 8125?

Prost
04-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Anyone know if bluetooth works with the Cingular 8125?

It works on my wife's 8525 (newer version of the 8125) and my E90 330i

GN2
04-19-2007, 06:02 PM
TO: SubterFuse, and other Pocket PC Phone users.
RE: IPAQ 6315 PPC..

If the PPC to a Travel Adapter for continuous power, will the phone go into suspend mode or will BT pairing remain active?? :dunno:

Thanks

The HP 6915 works very well. There are no problems with it going to sleep or not answering. It would be hard to imagine any phone or PPC working better with BMW bluetooth than the HP 6915. I dont own HP shares.

italianointx
04-20-2007, 06:55 AM
My Blackberry 7100t works perfectly with my '05 530i. In/out calls, shared phone book (limit of 250 entries), etc. No SMS, though, or I have not figure how to do it yet. Overall one of the best "nice to have" features in the car.

italianointx
04-20-2007, 07:19 AM
Any indication as to whether the Apple iPhone will work with this car?

stowefs
04-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Todd,

I have a 2006 BMW 530xi and my Blackberry 8700c works perfectly with it.

stowefs
04-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Has anyone had any success get the HP6945 or Treo 750 to worth with the bluetooth. I have a 530xi and have had no luck. Thanks :thumbdwn:

msu1972
04-21-2007, 03:53 PM
The Razr works real well with the BMW. I just got the new KE970 but it doesn't seem to sync up with the BMW. The bluetooth works but the reception is not as clear as the RAZR and the phone book does not sync up with the car. A little disappointed since this is such a nice phone.

Does anyone know if BMW must need to update the firmware in the car to get the new phone to sync up??

Motorola RAZR: Strong signal and very clear sound.
[X] ability to make/receive calls
[X] phone book automatically synches to car
[X] dial by name (without verbal training of system)

LG KE970: Signal in the car on this phone is not as strong as the RAZR.
[ ] phone book automatically synches to car

MN2828
04-27-2007, 09:45 PM
My Blackberry 7100t works perfectly with my '05 530i. In/out calls, shared phone book (limit of 250 entries), etc. No SMS, though, or I have not figure how to do it yet. Overall one of the best "nice to have" features in the car.

My Blackberry 7100t loads my entire phone book. I haven't noticed a limit of 250 entries

kylealvarez
04-29-2007, 12:24 PM
I also wanted to check up on the LG VX8700... did anybody get it to pair with their car? I just want to make sure all the faetures will work.

bklyn550
04-30-2007, 09:18 PM
I just unwrapped my brand new HTC s710 Windows mobile 6 phone. I love it the specs are awesome check the link out http://www.europe.htc.com/products/htcs710.html

* Reach a new level of phone functionality with the new Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 6.0 software.
* Compact with full auto slide keyboard for simpler communications.
* Large 2.4” QVGA TFT LCD backlit screen.
* Make more of multimedia with Windows Media® Player and Windows Live®.
* Capture quality images and video with the 2.0 megapixel camera.

Anyway unlike the Crack Berry all you need for push email and blogging and messaging is a Free windows live account. The best part of all????? It works with the car seamlessly phone book transfers / and it displays signal strength.

I ordered mine from a place called egadgetdepot awesome customer service and quick shipping.

bklyn550
04-30-2007, 09:29 PM
I just unwrapped my brand new HTC s710 Windows mobile 6 phone. I love it the specs are awesome check the link out http://www.europe.htc.com/products/htcs710.html

* Reach a new level of phone functionality with the new Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 6.0 software.
* Compact with full auto slide keyboard for simpler communications.
* Large 2.4” QVGA TFT LCD backlit screen.
* Make more of multimedia with Windows Media® Player and Windows Live®.
* Capture quality images and video with the 2.0 megapixel camera.

Anyway unlike the Crack Berry all you need for push email and blogging and messaging is a Free windows live account. The best part of all????? It works with the car seamlessly phone book transfers / and it displays signal strength.

I ordered mine from a place called egadgetdepot awesome customer service and quick shipping.

Ugly Bear
05-01-2007, 11:18 PM
HTC S710 (Windows Mobile 6)

Car model: 2007 530xi

MN2828
05-04-2007, 04:31 PM
I am having trouble getting the voice command to recognize names in my phone book. I realize that proper names will be difficult given the variation in pronunciation. But I am having trouble with "Dial Home" and "Dial Work." Any tips.

quidycat
05-06-2007, 01:13 PM
It works on my wife's 8525 (newer version of the 8125) and my E90 330i

any compatibility issue with 8525?

nekountze
05-07-2007, 05:00 AM
I just ordered a RAZR v3 cradle/adapter from Circle BMW for my new 2008 535xiT (picking up in Munich in 2 weeks). Anyone have any experience with this? Advantages are it is supposed to charge the RAZR and connect to the outside antenna for better reception. I know the bluetooth connection is easier, but i frequently get dropped calls from my cingular provider her in Omaha, so the added antenna strenght will help, I hope.

Also, I have the USB connection which is supposed to be below the phone in the armrest, I believe. Do the two devices (IPOD adapter and phone cradle) coexist comfortably, that is physically?

Thanks for any advice,
Neely

jjmdx
05-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Nokia 6133 (T-Mobile)

Car model: 2007 525i

SonyEricsson P900 (unlocked)

reactor
05-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Has anyone paired the new RAZR MAXX by Verizon in a 2007 3 Series yet? Thanks in advance.:confused:

vern
05-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Car Model-MY 2005 530i - MY 2006 X3 with NAV
Phone Sprint Sanyo Dual Band/ Tri-Mode SCP 6600

[x] Ability to make/receive calls
[x] Phone bool automatically synches to car
[x] Dial by name ( without verbal training of system
[x] Callingname display ( using address book )
[x] Ability to send/ receive SMS

quidycat
05-10-2007, 09:57 PM
335 convertible. no problem with blackberry pearl (cingular). bluetooth pairing was easy. idrive works well, but i'm a gadget guy to start with.

[x] Ability to make/receive calls
[x] Phone bool automatically synches to car
[x] Dial by name ( without verbal training of system
[x] Callingname display ( using address book )
[?] Ability to send/ receive SMS

quidycat
05-10-2007, 10:01 PM
btw, my ipod also works without issues

xplrrsport
05-11-2007, 03:26 PM
:) FINALLY FIXED! :) I tested it out today! I have a Treo 700wx with Sprint, and a 2007 328xi with the Navigation system.

Link: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2370639#post2370639

ks-man
05-12-2007, 07:36 PM
I've read here that the Samsung a900 for Sprint doesn't work with this car. I don't know if it has to do with the 2008, but my a900 works perfectly with my new 535xi. It synced right away and downloaded the phone book. I can call from the iDrive or use voice commands.

crandles
05-15-2007, 03:19 PM
I am sorry if this has been asked previously, but I could not find the answer in this lengthy thread.
I have a 2005 325i with the single Business CD stereo and steering wheel controls. I have a new Motorola RAZR V3 with Cingular service.
1. Is my car Bluetooth equiped for sure?
2. If so, how do I "pair" the phone and car.
The video instructions on the BMWUSA.com site all show different stereos/controls for the process.
Thanks!

LDV330i
05-15-2007, 09:58 PM
I am sorry if this has been asked previously, but I could not find the answer in this lengthy thread.
I have a 2005 325i with the single Business CD stereo and steering wheel controls. I have a new Motorola RAZR V3 with Cingular service.
1. Is my car Bluetooth equiped for sure?
2. If so, how do I "pair" the phone and car.
The video instructions on the BMWUSA.com site all show different stereos/controls for the process.
Thanks!Bluetooth was never standard on E46's.

The only way to get BT on those cars was to have bought the car with Assist (though IIRC early MY 2005 it was not combined with BT) or retrofitted the BT module.

If you look at the collection of round black discs stuck to your trunk door, one of them says you car is prepped for cellular phone, not enabled, thus the steering controls.

crandles
05-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks. So is that upgrade a dealer only item? Any idea on cost, etc?

LDV330i
05-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks. So is that upgrade a dealer only item? Any idea on cost, etc?
It can be a self install. Do a search for the several DYI that are floating around. I did mine and helped two other friends. Parts are about $500. Labor at the dealer will be approximately another $500 which may make into an expensive mod. :(

IUBMW
05-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Can anyone help with this:

I have a 2006 525 and had previously paired it fine with a Verizon XV6700. That phone broke and I received a replacement of the same model. I tried to repair the replacement phone and the phone recognizes the BMW, the BMW prompts to accept the phone, but after I enter passkey on both devices it does not pair. If I enter no passkey the phone completes the process but the BMW does not recognize the phone. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

jaro
05-17-2007, 11:27 PM
hey, any total successes with the BlackJack? let me know..considering buying one...tired of the Razr

mgkaplan
05-18-2007, 03:32 AM
The BMW (Bluetooth) website says that the Blackberry 7130e is compatible with software version 4.1.0.318 . The download on the verizon website is version 4.1.0.268

Any idea as to where I can get the later version of the software?

ronkh
05-18-2007, 07:57 AM
Just got the treo 755p for sprint.
Same issues as the 700p, the phone book won't sync. Only entries that are in speed dial locations. Other than that it works ok.

Sanyo M1 for sprint works great

fp60
05-20-2007, 05:30 AM
OK picked up the beast yesterday. The razr cradle won't release the 'death grip'.
Any suggestion on how it release the phone please!? I released it 3 times at the dealer while he was showing me how the car worked. BTW... the BT system workes AWESOME with the Razr. My brother's BT on his 2007 Lexus thingie SUCKS the big one!

:thumbup: :mad: :thumbup:

vern
05-20-2007, 08:51 AM
Can anyone help with this:

I have a 2006 525 and had previously paired it fine with a Verizon XV6700. That phone broke and I received a replacement of the same model. I tried to repair the replacement phone and the phone recognizes the BMW, the BMW prompts to accept the phone, but after I enter passkey on both devices it does not pair. If I enter no passkey the phone completes the process but the BMW does not recognize the phone. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
Make SURE you wait the 30 seconds before you try it . I had the same problem, tried it 5 or 6 times and it didn't work. I gave up and came back to the car awhile later to go out and tried the phone and everything works fine, I made a mistake in my earlier post, the SMS doesn't work.
Good luck
cheers
vern

fp60
05-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Oppps! All I have to do is press down on the phone and it pops up! LOL
:thumbup:

PGT
05-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Can anyone let me know if there is an easy way to transition a call out of the car without disabling the phone's bluetooth? I can't find this in the forum nor in the manual.

I have a 2007 530i and a Verizon Motorola e815. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Rmart
05-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Just paired today and all seems to work perfectly. Contacts all downloaded! Trying voice dialing later tonight and will post results.

2007 530i

tom @ eas
05-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Phone model: Blackberry 8800 (Cingular)
Car model: MY02 M3

[n/a] ability to send/receive SMS (not supported by carrier)

Notes: 9th Generation ULF

LDV330i
05-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Can anyone let me know if there is an easy way to transition a call out of the car without disabling the phone's bluetooth? I can't find this in the forum nor in the manual.

I have a 2007 530i and a Verizon Motorola e815. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Actually the instructions should be in the phone handbook.

Use your context button, the one in the middle below the screen with increasingly thicker lines. When you are on BT and you punch it you will get several options. Select "Use handset".

PGT
05-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Actually the instructions should be in the phone handbook.

Use your context button, the one in the middle below the screen with increasingly thicker lines. When you are on BT and you punch it you will get several options. Select "Use handset".

Thanks a lot for your help. I had been thinking I needed to cut the connection on the car side.

Now I just need to figure out how to transition calls into the car more seamlessly. The one time I tried to do this, there was about 30 seconds where the person on the other end could hear me, but I couldn't hear them over the phone or the car. Probably user error on my part, but does this sound normal?

joker465
05-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Has anyone been able to successfully connect the w300i (Cingular) with MY05 E46 Assist + Nav? I can pair the phone using the passkey. But it never connects and the light indicating connected BT device remains red. I previously had a SE T610 and it worked fine. I'm surprised a newer model with same carrier/manufacturer doesn't work. Help!!!

Danny Joe
05-24-2007, 08:12 AM
FYI-

I contacted BMW about the apparent limit on the size of the address book. This is the response:

Dear Dan:

Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding your 2007 BMW 550i. We appreciate your inquiry, and we are happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, the BMW Bluetooth system only has the capability to store approximately 1500 contacts. There is not update at this time that will change this function. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause.

If you have any further questions, please respond to this e-mail or contact the Customer Relations and Services Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time.

Sincerely,

Customer Relations and Services
Representative

bocaguy
06-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Does not download "contacts" Does download the "quick dial" contacts ( I have 20 of them).
Car 'answers' the phone. As for dialing I have two choices. Using the i drive, I can highlight one of the 20 downloaded 'contacts. depress the i drive and it dials...OR I can use the voice command, instructing it to 'dial a number'. It will not dial a contact by speaking the name.
Very satisfied by what it does. Never call more than those 20 people anyway. One caveat. The phone will not pair in the 'sleep mode'. When you get in the car you must wake up the phone (red button, unlock) and it will pair and download.

bjf123
06-05-2007, 02:51 PM
So who's going to be first with an iPhone on 6/29 and report back if it pairs with the E60? I know it won't be me.

ks-man
06-05-2007, 04:53 PM
My Samsung a900 works fine unless...I power off the phone at all (inside the car or away from it). If I have powered off the phone since I last was in the car, the car won't recognize the phone. I need to erase and repair the phone to the car and then it will work fine until the next power off. Anybody else have this problem with that phone or a different one? Thanks

MacHappy
06-06-2007, 11:04 AM
So who's going to be first with an iPhone on 6/29 and report back if it pairs with the E60? I know it won't be me.

Oh I want it to be ME but I doubt I'll get my hands on one so quickly. For a while I was wondering what would get to me first...the iPhone or my 535xi order. Now that we have definate release date for iPhone...I'm thinking I'll have my BMW before that.

So, we'll all be anxiously awaiting word on this but I think the problem will be getting your hands on the phone. Who is willing to wait in line?

wakkoroti
06-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Phone model: Sanyo Katana (Sprint)
Car model: 2008 535i
[n/a] ability to send/receive SMS

Couldn't have been easier. Put iDrive into bluetooth pairing mode, made the Katana search for devices, entered in any ol PIN into the Katana which made the iDrive popup its entry for the same PIN. Done. Awesome.

eddieb3
06-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Anybody have any experience with the new Verizon Blackberry 8830 and Bluetooth with an E60? Searching the threads, I did find people having success with this phone and the 3 Series and the 650i. Is it safe to assume that it would work with an E60 if it works with these other BMW series cars? If so, wondering if I need a software update from BMW to make it work.

ekkoville
06-10-2007, 06:12 AM
I am replying to this with the 8830 in my E60 now. Pairing was easy, just let it find the car and put any four digit code in both and enter, and the entire contacts list is uploaded to the iDrive. I don't have voice rec in the car so I have'nt tried that. As for SMS, not sure how in the iDrive yet. No problems yet.

WSP.420.550i
06-13-2007, 02:26 PM
hey, any total successes with the BlackJack? let me know..considering buying one...tired of the Razr

Damn that's funny you should ask. I just traded my Razr in for a BlackJack. DIDN'T work!!! The phone paired-up with the idrive but would not pick up any sort of reception and would not download my address book. I went crawling back to Cingular and the kindly took the phone back and reinstated my Razr.

FWIW, I have the latest progman update on my car. Which leads to my question: Does the car software need to be upgraded by the BMW dealership to allow for newer phones or is this an update that they cna perform via satellite/phone system? Thanks.

fkc
06-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Has any one tried pairing with the following 2 3G phones from Cingular?

Samsung A717

Nokia N75

straightnochase
06-14-2007, 09:03 PM
Phone model: RIM Blackberry Pearl (at&t)
Car model: 2007 E60
[v] ability to make/receive calls
[v] phone book automatically synches to car
[v] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[v] calling name display (using adddress book)

Martin W
06-16-2007, 08:20 PM
I just test drove a 535xi and Bluetooth comatability was important, so I spent a fair bit of time playing with it.
Phone model: LG VX8300 (Bluetooth 2.1+EDR)
Car model: 2007 535xi
[ x] phone book automatically synches to car
[ x] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[x ] ability to send/receive SMS
The audio (send and receive) quality was excellet at 70mph with the windows closed.
I was impressed with the quality of the phone book synch, all details were avaiable.

DallasBimmer
06-16-2007, 11:03 PM
I did a search but could not find any answers.
Are Samsung Upstage and SonyEricsson W300i compatible with the E90/E60?

Thanks for any responses.

stream
06-17-2007, 09:32 AM
FWIW, I have the latest progman update on my car. Which leads to my question: Does the car software need to be upgraded by the BMW dealership to allow for newer phones or is this an update that they cna perform via satellite/phone system? Thanks.

The only way to update Progman is for the dealer to connect the car to their system. Even with a hardwire connection it takes at least several hours, and the install often fails before completing and needs to be restarted, so I doubt that wireless updated are in the future for the E60. ;)

bimmerbeemer2
06-18-2007, 04:15 AM
2006 530Xi with Nav CIP 25.2
Takes 3 minutes to download 800 + contact lists.
Works great!

Phone model: Blackberry 8703e
Car model: 2006 530xi
[ x] dial by name (without verbal training of system)

doogles
06-21-2007, 05:57 AM
I am replying to this with the 8830 in my E60 now. Pairing was easy, just let it find the car and put any four digit code in both and enter, and the entire contacts list is uploaded to the iDrive. I don't have voice rec in the car so I have'nt tried that. As for SMS, not sure how in the iDrive yet. No problems yet.

I just got a Blackberry 8830 yesterday (goodbye, flaky 700p; hope you and Palm both disappear forever). It works in my E60, however, I do have a problem if I get in to the car while I'm already on a call: The car seems to tell the phone it's "ready" for a Bluetooth connection way before it's ready. This results in the call being transferred to the car, but because the computer hasn't really finished booting yet I can't actually talk anymore. During this time the call is basically in a "mute limbo". If I manually transfer the call back to the handset, wait 30 seconds, and then flip it back to the car it works fine.

I have Progman 25.4. The last two updates, which were suppose to help with car-computer "boot" time, haven't really done much for me. I'm still looking at 30s or so from when I unlock the car.

-jd

jasonrhcastle
06-21-2007, 06:36 AM
Samsung Blackjack (with WM6 standard) and A727 both pair. They download phonebook and allow voice dialing from iDrive. They display the signal antenna, but not the signal strength.

J

rjucks
06-21-2007, 10:39 PM
I have a 528i and a Blackberry 8800 from Cingular. My phone sync'd and paired flawlessly however it starts to freak out if I do anything out of the norm like Disable my phone's bluetooth to avoid linking it to the car. When that happens I have to delete the devices on the car and the phone and re-pair. Occasionally when I start the car, I get an error message "SOS Call System Malfunction". The dealer believes that this is a result of using an unapproved phone. The error doesn't seem severe just more of an annoyance not worth me purchasing another phone heh.

tomsol
06-23-2007, 09:25 AM
Hi everybody. Do you know someone if the Cell phone NOKIA 6680 will works without any troubles with my 2008 535xi sport wagon ?? Thanks Tom

atoraya
06-23-2007, 01:49 PM
i have a pearl and I am unable to synch it. Is there a fix?

lastbimmerfan
06-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Don't know if anyone as posted this already but in any case here it goes.

As I see it, the problem lies in the operating system not in a specific phone (the problems are common to different phones who share the same windows mobile system)
I don't know for other phones but for windows mobile based phones the best solution is to install the JETware extension software from JETware (see at: http://www.jetwaremobile.com )

First, In my experience you have to first install the JETware software
Second, turn off the Hibernate/suspend mode in WM5 otherwise the phone will lose connection with any bluetooth module you may have ( haven't tested the WM6 yet, so don't know if you have to turn it off also)

with this you will achieve several things:

signal strength and battery status in the bluetooth panel and the ability to upload the contacts list to the car

tomsol
06-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Hello everybody. Do you know if my Nokia 6680 will works with my 2008 535xi sport wagon ? Thanks

cwohughes
06-26-2007, 08:22 AM
Has anyone had any problems with the Sony Ericsson T610? I had it bluetooth connected then a couple of days ago it can't be recognized. I tried to delete it and reconfigure but that didn't work either, any help would be greatly appreciated.

tomsol
06-26-2007, 02:15 PM
I have NOKIA 6680 but I do not have my car 2008 535xi sport wagon. Will come about 2-3 weeks. Let you know

r6girl
06-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Phone model: Apple iPhone (Cingular/AT&T)
Car model: 2006 X3

i can dial by name, but need to record the names first in the X3's phone book. i don't have nav, so there's no way to view SMS messages.

eptaszek
07-05-2007, 01:19 PM
After a few false starts, I was able to pair a AT&T pearl with a 2008 550. The phone always paired but would disconnect for no apparent reason. My IT department upgraded the handheld software to the most recent addition. 4.2.1.96 Platform 2.3.0.78. I also went through my Outlook contacts list and deleted all of the email groups and editing all of the phone numbers to eliminate any letters that were contained in the phone number fields. That has worked for the last two days. Over 900 ohone numbers transfered in minutes and I have been able to both make ans receive calls.

jcatral14
07-05-2007, 09:54 PM
I have the Tmo Wing and I'm able to send/receive calls :)

BigMike
07-05-2007, 10:57 PM
My Moto V3i works perfectly in my car (BMW 520d LCI).

bjf123
07-06-2007, 07:30 AM
For anyone who has been able to pair their iPhone, how did you do it? I can't get my iPhone to pair with my 2006 525xi. They see each other, but I can't get a passkey to work. I called BMW Customer Relations and was told the iPhone isn't currently supported.

jasonrhcastle
07-06-2007, 09:10 AM
I am in Cincy. I simply go to settings>general>bluetooth. In the car, go to the bluetooth pairing screen and wait for the iPhone to recognize the car. Click on the car, enter a passcode, and select next. The car should recognize that the iPhone sent the code to the car and ask for you to enter it and pair. Voila, should be done. If not, let me know. I will be at the BMWStore tomorrow and am not adverse to meeting up and giving it a try.

J

bjf123
07-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Those are exactly the steps I'm following and the iPhone keeps returning an invalid password message.

r6girl
07-06-2007, 10:18 PM
For anyone who has been able to pair their iPhone, how did you do it? I can't get my iPhone to pair with my 2006 525xi. They see each other, but I can't get a passkey to work. I called BMW Customer Relations and was told the iPhone isn't currently supported.

what passkey are you using? the one that came with your 525?

fuenfwagon
07-08-2007, 06:40 PM
I paired mine this weekend without a problem. I set a passcode up on the iPhone and then entered the same into iDrive when asked. It works flawlessly!

bjf123
07-08-2007, 08:01 PM
That's exactly what I'm doing. I have no idea why it's not working.

r6girl
07-08-2007, 11:26 PM
That's exactly what I'm doing. I have no idea why it's not working.

you should use the passkey that came with your car. whenever i've paired a new phone with my car, i've had to use the same passkey that was provided with my car's owner's manual. that may be why you are getting the passkey error message...

stream
07-09-2007, 10:45 AM
you should use the passkey that came with your car. whenever i've paired a new phone with my car, i've had to use the same passkey that was provided with my car's owner's manual. that may be why you are getting the passkey error message...

Starting in MY05, E60 cars don't come with a passkey--you input your own, in iDrive and then the phone (or vice versa depending on phone).

r6girl
07-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Starting in MY05, E60 cars don't come with a passkey--you input your own, in iDrive and then the phone (or vice versa depending on phone).

well, that will teach me to talk about the e60 when i have the e83! my bad! carry on... :D

bjf123
07-09-2007, 06:34 PM
OK, this is getting ridiculous. I tried pairing my wife's new Blackberry Pearl and am having the same problem. Maybe it's "operator" error? Step by step, I'm putting the phone into discovery mode. I then put the E60 (2006) into discovery mode. The iPhone and the Pearl then each see the BMW. When I click on pair, I'm prompted to enter a passkey on the phone. I enter 0000 on the phone. The iDrive immediately asks if I want to reject or allow the connection. When I select allow, I'm prompted to enter a passkey, which I do using the iDrive, 0000. After this I push the iDrive up to return to the previous menu. Shortly after this, the phone shows invalid password. :mad:

stream
07-09-2007, 06:53 PM
OK, this is getting ridiculous. I tried pairing my wife's new Blackberry Pearl and am having the same problem. Maybe it's "operator" error? Step by step, I'm putting the phone into discovery mode. I then put the E60 (2006) into discovery mode. The iPhone and the Pearl then each see the BMW. When I click on pair, I'm prompted to enter a passkey on the phone. I enter 0000 on the phone. The iDrive immediately asks if I want to reject or allow the connection. When I select allow, I'm prompted to enter a passkey, which I do using the iDrive, 0000. After this I push the iDrive up to return to the previous menu. Shortly after this, the phone shows invalid password. :mad:

After you enter the passkey in iDrive, you need to pull the iDrive controller toward you, which moved the cursor below the passkey entry area, and then you need to click on "enter passkey" or whatever similar acknowledgement shows. Without doing that, you haven't entered the passkey.

GBPackerfan1963
07-09-2007, 07:37 PM
When I select allow, I'm prompted to enter a passkey, which I do using the iDrive, 0000. After this I push the iDrive up to return to the previous menu. Shortly after this, the phone shows invalid password. :mad:

Stream is correct. You need to pull the iDrive to the rear of the vehicle and highlight "Confirm Passkey", press the iDrive button down to confirm, then the password will be set. :thumbup:

bjf123
07-10-2007, 06:26 AM
You need to pull the iDrive to the rear of the vehicle and highlight "Confirm Passkey", press the iDrive button down to confirm, then the password will be set. D'oh! :banghead: I had been trying to push to iDrive button UP to get from the zeros to the Confirm Passkey text. Like I said, operator error! It's working now! Thanks! :thumbup:

wakkoroti
07-10-2007, 12:02 PM
Phone model: Apple iPhone
[x] phone book automatically syncs to car
[x] calling name display (using address book)

rastas
07-11-2007, 07:23 PM
IPHONE with 07 535:
[x ] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[ x] calling name display (using adddress book)
they sych perfectly!! BMW and Apple an unlikely combo

NAWOW
07-12-2007, 03:23 AM
Palm Treo 650 (unlocked GSM):
[ x] ability to make/receive calls (also works from the steering wheel buttons)
[ x] phone book automatically synches to car (only the "favorites," this is a known limitation)
[ x] dial by name (without verbal training of system) (Works but name recognition is hit and miss)
[ x] ability to send/receive SMS (Yes but smses are received on and sent from the phone, not the iDrive screen - I've not tried the "BMW Service related" SMSs, like for when your car is ready for an oil change, etc.)

Overall very good but had some problems when I had "mobile write" third party app. enabled on my phone. Turned it off and is much more stable. I still have the occasional phone lock-up or reboot, but it's not often.

Voice quality is also good. Too bad about not synching the whole phonebook....

TheCount1
07-12-2007, 08:36 AM
After updating the software on the T-Mobile Blackberry 7290 to version 4.1.0.377, the address book syncs perfectly, and I can make and receive calls. The address book did not sync with the older version of the software.

bjf123
07-13-2007, 06:41 AM
Thanks to the help here, I was able to get my iPhone working with my '06 E60. When I place or receive calls, there seems to be a lag of a few seconds from the time the iDrive display shows the call as connected and being able to hear, or be heard by, the other person. Has anyone else experienced this?

tlm999
07-13-2007, 03:30 PM
My wife and I both have LG CU500 phones. Does anyone know if these will work in the 535 we just ordered?

jowct
07-13-2007, 08:05 PM
A variation on the question: my CA advises me NOT to purchase the cradle, since she suggests that it's only a $500 charger. I noted that, according to the E64 owner's manual, it is also supposed to connect the phone to the car's antenna, but she stuck to her story, suggesting I could purchase a charger cord and plug it into the receptacle on the passenger footwell. Any thoughts about whether the cradle is worth the money?

jasoncheesemanu
07-15-2007, 04:33 AM
Samsung Blackjack (with WM6 standard) and A727 both pair. They download phonebook and allow voice dialing from iDrive. They display the signal antenna, but not the signal strength.

J

Jason,

Where did you get the upgrade for WM6 on your Blackjack?

Thanks

tomsol
07-15-2007, 02:45 PM
After updating the software on the T-Mobile Blackberry 7290 to version 4.1.0.377, the address book syncs perfectly, and I can make and receive calls. The address book did not sync with the older version of the software.

Where did you update your phone ??

Darrenbmw
07-15-2007, 02:52 PM
[
Phone model:
Car model:
----------------------------------------------[/QUOTE]

The phone I have is the

Samsung A 900 and the T Mobile Razor V3 .. :)

Darren

tomsol
07-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Phone model: Nokia 6680
Car model: 2008 535xi Sport Wagon
[ n/a] phone book automatically synches to car
[ n/a] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[ n/a] calling name display (using adddress book)
[ n/a] ability to send/receive SMS

Eve you have too update software from Nokia.com for latest version

jasonrhcastle
07-16-2007, 09:33 AM
There is an update to WM6 that is out for ATT customers here in the states. You may be able to upgrade an i600 to WM6, but you would have ATT customization. I am not aware, as of yet, that there is a generic WM6 version.

J

roxxy3773
07-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Has anyone had any success connecting a treo 700p? I have all kinds of bluetooth issues with this phone already and I am wondering if I will need to get a new phone to go with the car when I get it.

NAWOW
07-18-2007, 01:17 AM
Has anyone had any success connecting a treo 700p? I have all kinds of bluetooth issues with this phone already and I am wondering if I will need to get a new phone to go with the car when I get it.

If the 650 works (as mine does), the 700 should not pose a problem. THere are small limitations though - see threads above, or do a search.

Good luck!

tlm999
07-18-2007, 07:08 AM
Has anyone managed to pair any of the LG phones? We have LG cu500 with Cingular (ATT).

Tio
07-20-2007, 07:30 AM
I am having trouble pairing a new Treo 700wx to my 2008 550i. Are there any downloads to cure this or should I return the phone and get something else?

tomsol
07-20-2007, 09:10 AM
Hi everybody, I just bought new Motorola Motorizr.

Works perfect with my 2008 535xi sport wagon but without sending and receiving SMS. No big deal

Phone model: MOTORIZR-Blue
Car model: 2008 535 xi sport wagon
[n/a ] ability to send/receive SMS

kristafari
07-20-2007, 02:32 PM
My 2005 M3 has Assist, but was built 10/2004. I have attempted to pair my AT&T/Cingular 8525, which apparently works with other model BT, but alas have no success. My owner docs have a PassKey. Can someone tell me if my M3 has BT and can be paired or do I need to buy an additional module? Also if there is a specific process to ready the car for Pairing (other than key in position 2 and pressing R/T)?:rofl:

stream
07-20-2007, 02:57 PM
My 2005 M3 has Assist, but was built 10/2004. I have attempted to pair my AT&T/Cingular 8525, which apparently works with other model BT, but alas have no success. My owner docs have a PassKey. Can someone tell me if my M3 has BT and can be paired or do I need to buy an additional module? Also if there is a specific process to ready the car for Pairing (other than key in position 2 and pressing R/T)?:rofl:

I'd suggest asking in the 3 series forum. E60 cars have iDrive--your M3 doesn't.

fkc
07-20-2007, 05:42 PM
I am interested in getting Samsung A717 3G phone from AT&T. Has anyone successfully paired it with the BMW?

jasonrhcastle
07-21-2007, 05:41 AM
Re: A717

Yes, pairs fine. Transfers phonebook, shows antenna, but no signal info. Sound quality really nice. A727 works well too.

cooncheese70
07-22-2007, 07:29 AM
Hey,
Does anyone know if the Nokia 6110 Navigator is fully compatible??

Thanks.

Spy021
07-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Anyone have any luck getting the system to pair with the LG vx9900 (ENV)? I can get the phone and radio to pair, but the system just sits there with the message "Loading Phonebook". I've waited approximately 15 minutes, but the message does not disappear.

cooncheese70
07-30-2007, 06:48 AM
Hey,

I found a program for Nokia phones that sync's your phone contacts to the car.

Its called 'Nokia 810 Contacts Sync'.

The link for the application is:

http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/software/Nokia_810_Contacts_Sync.sisx

After downloading and installing the program to your phone: YOU MUST ERASE all pairings with your car kit after installing the application. Make sure the application is running before you pair your phone to your car kit. Once paired, the application will transfer your contacts to the car kit. The car display should show "Please wait...". Just let it be until a dialog box pops up on your phone indicating that "Contacts Transfer Complete".

Note: This is not 100% tested, so feedback would be great.

Thanks.

thejay0
07-31-2007, 08:35 PM
Having issues with Verizon 700W Treo phone book (* only favorites work). Was this ever resolved ?

Did any try this: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/treo700wupdater/verizon.html ?

Iwannagofast
08-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Does anyone have the blackjack with Windows Mobile version 5 working? If so, what works and what doesn't? I am considering buying one this week.

Thanks,
David

jasonrhcastle
08-01-2007, 05:15 PM
windows mobile 5 works very, very sporadically. There is a windows mobile 6 version out for at&t on the web (and I have it saved at the office if someone wants to host it) that fixes all issues except signal strength. Works fine in my 07 530i with nav.

Solebury535xi
08-04-2007, 07:15 AM
Just confirmed with a friend that his Blackberry 8703E (from Verizon, I believe) does everything but upload its phone book in his '06 525xi. I'll report on the compatibility of my Verizon Blackberry 8703e when my '08 535xi wagon finalllllllly arrives.

Russ Williams
08-08-2007, 06:19 PM
I just got a new Verizon Razr V3m and my phone book does not load so I cannot make any calls via the iDrive and I assume as a result voice commands will also not work. The only things that do work are initiating outgoing calls with the phone and receiving calls. Anyone else having this problem and if so what is the solution. I was hoping for a little more than half-ass Bluetooth functionality.

What gives with the battery drain while Bluetooth power is on? I assume that one has to have the phone plugged in while using it in Bluetooth mode or the battery will run out.

LDV330i
08-10-2007, 06:25 AM
My 2005 M3 has Assist, but was built 10/2004. I have attempted to pair my AT&T/Cingular 8525, which apparently works with other model BT, but alas have no success. My owner docs have a PassKey. Can someone tell me if my M3 has BT and can be paired or do I need to buy an additional module? Also if there is a specific process to ready the car for Pairing (other than key in position 2 and pressing R/T)?:rofl:See this post the pairing process in a 2005 E46. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99094&highlight=BT+Assist+2005

jagu
08-10-2007, 08:54 AM
I am thinking of buying on of these. I have an 07 530i. Does anybody have one of these phones and does it connect properly to the E60's bluetooth?

Thanks

Wil325
08-13-2007, 11:15 AM
BMW has not created a "compatible list" of cell phones for their 2008 5-series. I'm 99% sure the 2008 bluetooth is the same as the 2007 bluetooth - so that's what I'm using to determine what phone to purchase.

http://www.wireless4bmw.com/bmw5.html

Anyhow, I'm with Verizon and the Motorola V3m RAZR looks like the best fit for my needs. However, that cell is a bit outdated so I'd like to get the much newer Motorola RAZR MAXX. Has anyone tried paring the MAXX with a BMW? One would "assume" that it would work fine since the MAXX's predecessor did (V3m), but we all know what happens when you ass-u-me something when it comes to today's technology.

Thanks in advance to anyone with some information.

lcjmd
08-15-2007, 11:06 PM
Paired my old Motorola V710 and my wife's new Krzr without any problems!
Verizon Krzr is not one of the official phones authorized by BMW. My wife's CA uses Krzr on her BMW too.

Phone model: Motorola Krzr/Verizon
Car model: 2007 BMW 335xi

Solebury535xi
08-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Phone model: Verizon Blackberry 8703e
Car model: 2008 535xi wagon

BMW530i- 949
08-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Does the 8830 blackberry for sprint work with a 2006 BMW 530i??

Enn
08-26-2007, 01:34 PM
windows mobile 5 works very, very sporadically.

Hi!
I agree with You. I've X3 2004 and (nonfix) HTC 3300 Artemis (pda+gsm+gps) with Win Mobile 5.0. I had a random part of contacts folder transferred into car ONCE. Why it happened, I didn't understand, usually only ability to make and receive calls via BT is possible. Sometimes even making a call is got stucked, but I don't know why it happens or what should fix a problem - unpairing or repairing the phone, soft restart the phone or what...?

jpmascaro
08-29-2007, 04:43 PM
FYI-

I just got the AT&T/Cingular BlackBerry 8800 and it seems so far to work flawlessly with my 2006 530i's bluetooth system.

Good luck.

sajiv
08-29-2007, 08:14 PM
I just bought a 2000 528i and I would like to get a bluetooth phone connection. I use a blackberry pearl. please advice

Squeaky Wheel
08-30-2007, 07:29 AM
Just an FYI:

Treo 650 & 700 running Sprint Software 1.10-SPNT works flawlessly on my '08 535xi with the one minor exception that only Name & Numbers in "Favorites" get uploaded to I-Drive.

MAC63500
08-31-2007, 01:48 AM
I just bought a 2000 528i and I would like to get a bluetooth phone connection. I use a blackberry pearl. please advice

Sajiv,

I guess we need a little more information. I am assuming that your car does not already have a factory installed bluetooth option and you are looking for advice on a handsfree kit.
If you don't already have a navigation system, I might recommend the TOMTOM GO 910. I have one that I use in my company car and it works great with my BlackBerry Pearl. Additionally, the Pearl works flawlessly in my '07 530xi.

medolai
08-31-2007, 07:46 AM
I just got LG 800 chocolate phone, euro model. I have RAZR and sony ericsson T616 which worked flawlessly on BMW bt system, but chocolate doesn't work. I can pair up the two, but whenever I tried to use it, Bimmer will go into search mode again for the phone..

Phone model: LG 800 chocolate, european model, unlocked GSM
Car model: 07 335i sedan
[ ] ability to make/receive calls

Russ Williams
08-31-2007, 10:58 AM
I have RAZR and sony ericsson T616 which worked flawlessly on BMW bt system...

I also have a RAZR but the BT system will not sync with my contact list. Any thoughts on what the problem is? I have to use the phone to initiate outgoing calls which is a PIA.

bhavi_jp
08-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Hi,

I just installed a newer TCU and reprogrammed/paired it with my car. Bluetooth is working like a charm now.

Phone model: Samsung SPH A920/Sprint
Car model: 2004 545I
[N/A] ability to send/receive SMS

Bhavi

bimmerFUD
09-04-2007, 09:07 PM
Paired my old Motorola V710 and my wife's new Krzr without any problems!
Verizon Krzr is not one of the official phones authorized by BMW. My wife's CA uses Krzr on her BMW too.

Phone model: Motorola Krzr/Verizon
Car model: 2007 BMW 335xi

I've been unable to get a T-mobile Krzr to work :(

aloyouis
09-06-2007, 08:29 PM
my Treo 700p works great. no issues. none.

Spyder
09-06-2007, 11:06 PM
my Treo 700p works great. no issues. none.

Interesting. I thought that the Palm-based Treo's didn't xfer the complete phone book, just the favorites list. At least, that's all that xfered on my ATT Treo 680.

Spyder

aloyouis
09-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Interesting. I thought that the Palm-based Treo's didn't xfer the complete phone book, just the favorites list. At least, that's all that xfered on my ATT Treo 680.

Spyder

Well then I guess I DO have an issue. It does transfer only the names I put in speed dial. Of course, Thats all I want to transfer as I have 600+ contacts and would NOT want to dial thru all of them to get my wife or a buddy.

It doesn't matter anyway. I found out today that work is switching me to a BB 8830. I am bummed as I love the treo and will hate to lose the camera.

Does the 8830 work with my 05 530i?

Spyder
09-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Well then I guess I DO have an issue. It does transfer only the names I put in speed dial. Of course, Thats all I want to transfer as I have 600+ contacts and would NOT want to dial thru all of them to get my wife or a buddy.

Not necessary to sroll through the entire contact list since it's a smart search, ie, to dial your wife, type wi..you get the idea. That's how it works with your speed dial list as well.

I believe the BB's are completely supported by iDrive, but you can do a search to find out for sure.

aloyouis
09-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Not necessary to sroll through the entire contact list since it's a smart search, ie, to dial your wife, type wi..you get the idea. That's how it works with your speed dial list as well.

I believe the BB's are completely supported by iDrive, but you can do a search to find out for sure.

Dummy me... I have o 2006.

raf996
09-09-2007, 10:56 PM
i have a blackberry pearl. everything works. the only problem is that i don't get my full phone list. I guess its because i have over 1300 contacts. It also made the system slower. I used to have a motorola razr v3 that used to work perfectly. At one point i used a Samsung D805 which was a pain as i had to allow the connection from the phone evry time i got in the car.

Chumpzilla
09-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Is there anywhere I can find a list of what Blackberry models work (all five criteria listed above) (Verizon network) with the 2008 535i? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

WSP.420.550i
09-14-2007, 12:00 PM
Just bought a Blackberry Curve (great device, btw) with AT&T service... works great!

Car model: 07 550i sedan

[X ] phone book automatically synches to car
[not sure but I think so] ability to send/receive SMS

pap335i
09-18-2007, 01:56 PM
Just bought 335i. Sad to learn that it doesn't pair up well with Blackjack. Having my pda and phone together is critical. May need to switch to Blackberry.

MN2828
09-18-2007, 05:45 PM
With the BB, you need to be sure that you are using firmware 4.1 or better on the device. To find out which models work best, just search the thread using the model number, e.g., 7100, 8830

cvb
09-18-2007, 10:07 PM
My 535 wont pair with my blackjack either, but Im hopeful by the time it arrives, a WM6 update will be avaialbe that may fix the bluetooth stack on the phone.

jasonrhcastle
09-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Guys, the blackjack works very well with WM6. I have a copy of the official WM6 ATT ROM on my computer at work. I put it on my wife's Blackjack and it worked very well. Phonebook, stable pairing, everything except signal strength (does show antenna while a signal is present). If anyone wants me to post this up, I can. I need a place to host it. Just let me know.

BTW...I have an 07 530i with iDrive and PROGMAN 25.

jasonrhcastle
09-19-2007, 09:05 PM
I just realized that my last post was the 666 reply....so I had to give another one.

aloyouis
09-19-2007, 09:47 PM
I guess I will answer myown question. The 8830 works very well. I get to choose which list to send to the car computer for display on Idrive. Cool. Only one issue: If I turn the phone off or take the battery out of it I have to go thru the pairing process again next time I enter the car. If I don't turn it off, it re connects on its owm. Sine I rarely turn the phone off it is not much of an issue. If ther is a fix or this, let me know please.

joelk01
09-22-2007, 10:18 AM
I carry a Blackberry and phone, both should work - will both phone lists appear on the display?

jasonrhcastle
09-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Only one can connect to the bluetooth at a time. Can't have both connected at the same time.

happyparrot
09-23-2007, 11:00 PM
I have a blackberry curve, it syncs and works fine with my car ('06 325i). However I can't figure out a way to stream music from my phone, is there a way to do this?

Briar
09-24-2007, 02:55 AM
Phone model: iPhone
Car model: 335i
[x phone book automatically synches to car
[n] ability to send/receive SMS
Before the iphone had a Verizon Treo 650 - would pair and load favorites, and also would go through unpredictable "soft" resets that Palm CS was not able to help me solve.

2fearbmws
09-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Phone model:
Car model:
[x] phone book automatically syncs to car

550DC
10-04-2007, 07:25 AM
I have a 07 550i (that was just hot while parked in front of my house) and was thinking of getting a MOTOKRZR K1m by Motorola (sprint). Any problems?

tlm999
10-04-2007, 08:27 AM
Phone model: LG CU500

bimmerFUD
10-04-2007, 10:08 PM
I have a 07 550i (that was just hot while parked in front of my house) and was thinking of getting a MOTOKRZR K1m by Motorola (sprint). Any problems?
It might work with sprint, but not with my 07 335xi and T-mobile. If I recall correctly, others have had success with cingular.

Great phone, otherwise. If you get it to work, please let me know.

Koda1021
10-08-2007, 07:12 AM
Phone model: Blackberry 8830 World Edition (Sprint)
Car model: 2008 535XI (with IDrive/Nav)

Bought this phone yesterday, and it paired beautifully with the car. My old phone was on the list of approved/compatible phones, but the phonebook never did work for voice dialing without verbal training. This one synched up right away, and I was able to dial all the entries in my address book by voice right off the bat.

I also upgraded my mother to the same phone. We haven't yet tried to pair it with her 2007 X3 (non-IDrive). Will post the results to that when we do it.

yayankee
10-08-2007, 12:30 PM
New phone, will it sync BOTH phone numbers and music. In addition there are MP4 files for video, would that have any chance of playing on display?

Prost
10-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Anyone try the new AT&T Tilt (8925) yet? the 8125 and 8525 works by the way :)

liege168
10-23-2007, 08:45 AM
I have a SonyEricsson P990i, a Symbian UIQ based smartphone which I have not heard of any issue interfacing with any BT devices. The phone pairs and works perfectly with my new '08 535i.

My issue is that not all entries (about 1,200 of them) in my phonebook would sync with the car. I have done the pairing a few times, hoping that at some point, all my entries would sync to no avail.

Anyone else has experienced this? If so, any resolution?

Thanks,
Jim

Prost
10-24-2007, 08:12 AM
Phone model: AT&T TILT (8925, Kaiser)
Car model: 2006 330i
[x] phone book automatically sync to car
[?] calling name display (using address book)

Spartacus_33
10-26-2007, 03:53 PM
<b>Phone model: LG VX9900-G (enV)
Car model: 2005 545i
</b>

Spyder
11-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Here's a heads up on what you may expect when you bring your car in for an iDrive problem/update if you have paired a non-approved phone. Let's begin with my wife's ED 535, build date first week in June '07.

After a flawless infancy, the iDrive screen froze on the 4-spoke image. The iPod continued playing, but the controller and volume control were inoperative; the car drove normally otherwise. Turning off the engine and restarting didn't help, but waiting for the car to reboot (I was told it takes 28 min) returned the iDrive to normal operation. I reported this to the SA who recommended the car be checked, and the iDrive updated, since he felt that an update would likely prevent the problem from recurring.

When picking up the car, I was disappointed to find out serendipitously in a conversation with the shop foreman that the iDrive was not updated, even though they had the car for several days (a new BMW loaner was supplied). Instead, attention was focused on my wife's non-approved ATT Blackberry 8800, even though this phone has paired perfectly with the car, wasn't in use when the lock-up occurred, and the two previous Blackberries (8700 and Pearl) are approved ATT phones, ie, the 8800 will most likely be approved shortly. I came away with the impression that BMW is using the non-paired phone as an excuse not to perform an update that may remedy a problem, as, in this case, the SA suggested it would. This otherwise excellent dealer is over 40 mi from my home (in the wrong direction), so I was kind of pissed that no work was done to correct the problem. I could have given the requested Blackberry s/w and f/w details over the phone and saved a trip.

Turning to my '07 ED 650, build Sept '06, the story gets more interesting. I dropped off the 650 for a free oil change (prompted by time not miles) when picking up the 535. I took the opportunity to have the iDrive inspected/updated due to an odd set of occurrences several months ago: the alarm/horn went off while the car was being driven, and, on two separate occasions, the iDrive screen seemed to jump about randomly while my iPod played on. The problems never recurred, so I decided to wait util the one-year anniverary oil change before having them addressed.

Again, no update was made to the iDrive on the 650. Rather, focus turned to my non-approved ATT Treo 680, despite my repeatedly noting that the 680 was just recently paired to the car, so could not have caused the iDrive problems that occurred several months ago. The ground-strap recall was performed, and it was suggested that this may have caused the iDrive problem. But this recall has to do with engine malfunctions in freezing weather, somethng my 650 has never experienced in Southern California. Once again, I was left with the impression that iDrive problems are being attributed to non-approved phones despite scarce, or no, evidence.

It'd be one thing if owners were warned that non-approved phones limit or void warranties. That might have affected phone purchases, or in some cases, the decision to buy a BMW in the first place. But I believe that those with non-approved phones just accept the fact they may loose some, or all, of the functions of their phones when paired with the car (eg, my Treo doesn't xfer my entire contact list, just the quick-dial list), not that other aspects of the cars electronics would be compromised.

Spyder

Kzang
11-07-2007, 01:10 PM
hmm Interesting... I have a treo 700w from verizon and just this morning when I started my car the screen was less bright as it use to be and in a moment it went black. Then about a minute later it seemed to have rebooted and everything was back to normal. While this happened my ipod connected to aux still played.

Occasionally, when I pull up my phone book ( quick dial list only) screen I would have double of every list. for example,

Office (W) 123-456-7890
Office (W) 123-456-7890
Home 098-765-4321
Home 098-765-4321
Chinese rest 111-111-1111
Chinese rest 111-111-1111

And so on.

B. Diddy
11-12-2007, 02:02 AM
LG VX8700 works fine on my 2008 535i. Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but I didn't see any confirmations when searching this thread.

PugPal2
11-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Has anyone made a Motorola i880 (Sprint/Nextel service) work? The phone pairs up fine and I can make and receive calls, but no phone book transfer to the car!

2007 BMW530i with Nav, Lux pkg, cold weather and park assist, conv pkg, but no Sirius or iPod installed. Any one with experience adding Sirius sat option aftermarket? The car is equipped to accept it.

ua549
11-13-2007, 05:09 PM
I have a Motorola V635. It works with the British version of the 535i Bluetooth, but does not work with a USA version. I need separate handsets depending on the country I'm in and the car I'm driving.

madmakx
11-13-2007, 06:59 PM
question for all you out there - do you really have to buy the phone from wireless4bmw.com or can you simply buy the "approved" phone from the cell phone provider (i.e verizon, sprint etc.).

My treo 700p does not work very well with the interface so I am looking at Blackberry possibly (or just buy the razor to leave in the car and interface with both), but would rather buy direct from Verizon than wireless4BMW.
When I asked them directly the answer was that the phones from Wireless4BMW had "all the right software" but I have a hard time believing it will be any different that the software for the phone...does anyone out there have experience with this?

tlm999
11-13-2007, 07:46 PM
question for all you out there - do you really have to buy the phone from wireless4bmw.com or can you simply buy the "approved" phone from the cell phone provider (i.e verizon, sprint etc.).

Bought mine from Cingular before I had the car. Works just fine. That website just lists the phones that were compatible at the time the list was made. It is not an all inclusive list since my LG isn't listed but works great.

ua549
11-14-2007, 01:48 PM
I have a Motorola V635. It works with the British version of the 535i Bluetooth, but does not work with a USA version. I need separate handsets depending on the country I'm in and the car I'm driving.

Correction! I got the V635 to pair. :thumbup:

RTFM The salesman was skipping a step in the iControl pairing procedure. :tsk:

black76
11-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Phone model: NOKIA 6265I
Car model: 2008 535 XI

THE ONLY THING I DONT KNOW IS IF A NAME HAS 2 OR 3 NUMBERS LIKE MOBILE OR OTHER THE 2ND OR 3RD NUMBER AND CALL IT FROM THE CARS ADDRESS BOOK

ua549
11-15-2007, 11:39 AM
The BMW address book shows multiple name entries for people with many numbers under the same name in he handset. It makes that feature useless.

walterr5
11-20-2007, 01:15 AM
IT does not work at all. No connection and No function... I love the phone but, this really kills my love for it.:mad:

tdbrph
11-20-2007, 07:32 PM
Have used Treo 650 From sprint for months and months with no problems. In august my wife and I both got new Treo 755p's. Until earlier this week they both paired with no problems like butter.... Now all of a sudden they seem to pair but I get no signal strength icon and when I receive or try to call a headset icon comes up and I get nothing. If I cancel that on the phone I can use the phone but cant use bluetooth? Any suggestions sometimes I am a little technologically challenged.

Triston

cvb
11-23-2007, 04:47 PM
do a search. I got it to work.

IT does not work at all. No connection and No function... I love the phone but, this really kills my love for it.:mad:

ccap
11-27-2007, 04:15 PM
looks like my Sprint 755P, Which I just purchased over a month ago is not compatible with my 550i!! CRUD!!!

Janne
12-03-2007, 07:56 AM
Hi can anybody tell me if the new HTC Tytn ll Is FULLY compatible with the latest 3serie??

Thanks a lot!

Jan

ccap
12-03-2007, 08:02 AM
Is the Motorola Q series phones compatible with the 08 5 series?? I switched to a blackberry Pearl and I an not that fond of it. I had a Treo 755p and no go.

Having Sprint as my carrier, I am limited in options. Thanks

jhk_jd
12-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Phone model: Motorizr Z6tv (Verizon)
Car model: 2008 550

[? ] ability to send/receive SMS

Have not tried to send/receive SMS but everything else works great.

jasonrhcastle
12-06-2007, 07:49 AM
TyTN II is fully compatible...

SpartanGA
12-07-2007, 08:20 AM
My BB 8700c works with 2008 528i. BUT I have a huge address book..over 2000 entries and it maxed out at letter "M". (I didnt count).

Anyone know how to selectively download the phone book or another way? I sync my BB with Outlook, so I have all my contacts, many of which I dont need in a cell phone, but that is just how it is.

gecko_79
12-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Phone model: Nokia N95 8gb
Car model: 2004 530d 218cp e60
[ ] ability to make/receive calls
[ ] phone book automatically sync to car
[ ] calling name display (using address book)

The phone pairs up fine and I can make and receive calls, but no phone book transfer to the car!

chuna
12-08-2007, 06:58 PM
With the iPhone and the 525i 2007 E60 with the USB interface in the car, does it charge an Iphone or would I need ot buy a car charger for the iphone?

lib
12-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Hi Sleeper,
I can confirm that the BB 8700c (using Cingular) works very well. Out of the box, the BB8700c was loaded with v4.1.0.194 and paired with I-Drive on the first try. I sync'ed over 200 contacts, most with multiple numbers, in about one minute. As I reported previously with my older BB7920, this BB OS allows the display of the type of number next to the name (home, mobile, work) if you have more than one number for that contact.
Good Luck,
Big Pete

My 8700c has never worked and I've since upgraded to the latest BlackBerry OS with no change. My BB simply says "Unable to pair with BMWxxxx" (where xxx is the identity of my auto).

ccap
12-09-2007, 06:32 PM
I have confirmed that my new BB Pearl sprint carrier works great. I am starting to like the phone, actually better than the treo.

I works with everything I need, address book, handfree, etc.
I am happy with it!!!

Douglas Reid
12-11-2007, 08:13 AM
I have a 2004 545i and the bluetooth recognized both of our phones. Mine is a Cingular 3125 and my wife has a Motorola MP 220. I just followed the menu in the communication to add a phone and then told my phone to add a "New Device" In that New Device menu on the phone I told it the device was a "Hands Free" and it added them. Only one can be active at a time so we turn off the bluetooth for whoever is in the passenger's seat and the driver has use of the bluetooth in the car. It works VERY well and is crystal clear!

Kzang
12-11-2007, 09:08 AM
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=3411

Anyone have this phone Verizon Wireless XV6800 and if it connects to BT and contacts?

http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/images/xv6800.jpg

cvb
12-11-2007, 09:38 PM
BlackJack II works great

bajanjack
12-15-2007, 02:23 PM
The BMW address book shows multiple name entries for people with many numbers under the same name in he handset. It makes that feature useless.

That's true....the workaround I did was to put "cell", "work" etc after the name. You can then call through voice command by saying "Bob Jones-cell"..........etc

JoeCool
12-17-2007, 01:34 PM
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=3411

Anyone have this phone Verizon Wireless XV6800 and if it connects to BT and contacts?

I just got the 6800 from Bell and even thought it worked fine in the car, but it would freeze up when I left the car and needed a hard reset every time.

Brought it back and got the HTC Touch...works perfectly...connects to car, dials out, receive calls, updates contacts and shows the name "h" for home, "m" for mobile. I don't do texting/sms so not sure about that function. I haven't tried the voice feature, but I assume that works too.

Kzang
12-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Would that be the same with the verizon version?

tdbrph
12-18-2007, 06:07 PM
I am able to pair my iphone to my 07 530 but the address book doesnt want to sync. How long should this process take. My phone continues to act like it is transferring information and the status in the idrive menu says "please wait". Am I being impatient or should this work faster? I paired the phone before leaving for work and 20 minutes later it was still in this "wait" mode. Previous experience with a treo would take only a few minutes to sync contacts. Any input would be appreciated.

Triston

tdbrph
12-19-2007, 07:27 PM
anybody out there tried searching with no results...

Triston

r6girl
12-20-2007, 10:14 AM
I am able to pair my iphone to my 07 530 but the address book doesnt want to sync. How long should this process take. My phone continues to act like it is transferring information and the status in the idrive menu says "please wait". Am I being impatient or should this work faster? I paired the phone before leaving for work and 20 minutes later it was still in this "wait" mode. Previous experience with a treo would take only a few minutes to sync contacts. Any input would be appreciated.

Triston

it only takes a minute or 2 for my iphone's 410 contacts to upload to my X3 and be visible via my stereo's display (no idrive here).

have you tried deleting the pairing in your iphone and starting over? i've had one instance of my iphone not pairing with my X3 upon entry in the past 6 months, and rebooting my iphone fixed it immediately. i can't advise on anything you can do on the idrive side, however...

TMQ
12-20-2007, 10:40 AM
I know a lot of people here use the Motorola Razr V3 since it seems to work so well with the 5 Series bluetooth. ...

I need help. Have a T mobile Motorola Razr V3, purchased in June 2006, I cannot even pair it with the 528i. The phone says cannot connect. Any suggestions?

Also, a older phone, T mobile Sony Ericsson T610, paired and can call, but address book doesn't load.

also, the universal garage opener still doesn't work yet...

You can see my frustrations are mounting. :mad:

ua549
12-20-2007, 01:34 PM
That's true....the workaround I did was to put "cell", "work" etc after the name. You can then call through voice command by saying "Bob Jones-cell"..........etc

I ended up doing that. It took a full day to change the phone book in my cell phone since each entry had 4 or 5 numbers associated with a single name. Now the phone book is huge, but at least the entries made it into the car's phone book in a useful format.

ua549
12-20-2007, 01:41 PM
The garage door opener probably has a rolling code.

Most garage door openers have to sync their rolling code by pushing a button on the opener motor control and hitting the car's transmitter within a few seconds. The procedure varies with the brand of garage door openerec the opener manual. On a Genie opener that button is next to the left light bulb behind the plastic cover.

tdbrph
12-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Hey r6girl,

Thanks for the reply. I have deleted the pairing a couple of times and still no results....Need to make time to drop by the dealership. I have probably half the contacts you do and still no luck syncing the contacts...

Triston

it only takes a minute or 2 for my iphone's 410 contacts to upload to my X3 and be visible via my stereo's display (no idrive here).

have you tried deleting the pairing in your iphone and starting over? i've had one instance of my iphone not pairing with my X3 upon entry in the past 6 months, and rebooting my iphone fixed it immediately. i can't advise on anything you can do on the idrive side, however...

bajanjack
12-21-2007, 07:38 PM
I need help. Have a T mobile Motorola Razr V3, purchased in June 2006, I cannot even pair it with the 528i. The phone says cannot connect. Any suggestions?

Also, a older phone, T mobile Sony Ericsson T610, paired and can call, but address book doesn't load.

Regarding the garage door opener...if it does have a "rolling code", the last part of the manual's instructions are misleading......the last part tells you to press the button on the universal remote "3 times"...what it doesn't tell you is that each of the three presses need to be for approx 2 seconds.......After much frustration, I found this out by calling the homelink center...

adv4500
12-28-2007, 11:24 PM
Phone model: Tmobile Blackbery Curve 8320
Car model: 525i
[not sure] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[never tired ] ability to send/receive SMS

Phone model: Tmobile Dash
Car model: 525i
[not sure] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[never tried ] calling name display (using adddress book)
[never tried ] ability to send/receive SMS

golfncpa
12-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Phone model: Verizon Moto e815
Car model:2008 528i w/ NAV
[ ] ability to send/receive SMS- Don't know since I don't have data plan

Easily integrated after about 2 minutes to update my address book. :rofl:

bajanjack
12-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Phone model: Verizon Moto e815
Car model:2008 528i w/ NAV
[ ] ability to send/receive SMS- Don't know since I don't have data plan

Easily integrated after about 2 minutes to update my address book. :rofl:

I have the same phone and it does work well as you described.(I'll be switching to BB Pearl soon) But what is the context of the "sms?" I can text with the phone-how does that relate to the car/bluetooth?

Kzang
01-01-2008, 05:44 AM

Update!

Got this phone yesterday and results are if anyone is interested.

Phone model: Verizon Wireless XV6800
[X] phone book automatically sync to car
[X] calling name display (using address book)
[unsure have not tried] ability to send/receive SMS

oceanpearl
01-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Hello all;

Just picked up a 2005 530I with almost all the creature comforts and wanted to sync up my phone. I currently have the Rogers Treo 650 but it is not on BMW's approved list. I was thinking the Rogers Blackberry Curve but it is not on the list either. Anyone have any experience they could share. Rogers operates on the same system AT&T does in the US

2005 530i, Sport Package, Premium Package

Kzang
01-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Hello all;

Just picked up a 2005 530I with almost all the creature comforts and wanted to sync up my phone. I currently have the Rogers Treo 650 but it is not on BMW's approved list. I was thinking the Rogers Blackberry Curve but it is not on the list either. Anyone have any experience they could share. Rogers operates on the same system AT&T does in the US

2005 530i, Sport Package, Premium Package

Never heard of Rogers but if it is infact the same, then the treo would connect fine but might have issues with the contact list.

bajanjack
01-08-2008, 05:44 PM
I will be picking up my blackberry Pearl 8130 this weekend......I am changing from my Verizon 815 which has downloaded the phonebook perfectly into my 2008 535xi......can someone tell me if there will be any difference in the download from the blackberry, ie with multiple numbers will it be in the same order as the contact list, any tips.........etc....

LuizMiranda
01-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Phone model: HTC Touch (HTC P3450)
Car model: 2008 BMW 335i conv

[unknown] ability to send/receive SMS

took just a few seconds to set it up, very simple. Still yet to play with SMS if it even has any capabilities, but i doubt it :)

obmd1
01-08-2008, 08:08 PM
I will be picking up my blackberry Pearl 8130 this weekend......I am changing from my Verizon 815 which has downloaded the phonebook perfectly into my 2008 535xi......can someone tell me if there will be any difference in the download from the blackberry, ie with multiple numbers will it be in the same order as the contact list, any tips.........etc....

I just got the verizon 8830 (which is fabulous, btw). Pairs beautifully, clear connections, no caller complaints, and phonebook loads well. The indexed entries (work, home etc) come through as separate entries, and voice dial thinks John Doe Work is the whole name. I have my bb phone book by first name, so I am not sure that has an effect. You 'll be happy.

jasonrhcastle
01-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Rogers is a carrier in Canada...

bajanjack
01-08-2008, 08:20 PM
I just got the verizon 8830 (which is fabulous, btw). Pairs beautifully, clear connections, no caller complaints, and phonebook loads well. The indexed entries (work, home etc) come through as separate entries, and voice dial thinks John Doe Work is the whole name. I have my bb phone book by first name, so I am not sure that has an effect. You 'll be happy.

Thanks....are you able to program in "pause" , "extensions" etc? This is very handy for example when I go through a "back door" at work to dial into my voice mail and avoid having to hit all those buttons......

obmd1
01-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Thanks....are you able to program in "pause" , "extensions" etc? This is very handy for example when I go through a "back door" at work to dial into my voice mail and avoid having to hit all those buttons......

yes... pause works fine (I originally had to have an i_drive software update, but if you have a newer build you'll be fine.

bajanjack
01-08-2008, 08:25 PM
yes... pause works fine (I originally had to have an i_drive software update, but if you have a newer build you'll be fine.

That is awesome...can't wait to get it...thanks again.....

bhutorin
01-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Find a Compatible Handset - Not all Bluetooth phones will work!
Unfortunately, not all Bluetooth compatible phones will work (partially or fully) with BMW's Bluetooth systems. As such, “Bluetooth” is an ambiguous term and insufficient to ensure compatibility. That is unfortunate, since "Bluetooth" is all that is typically included in the phone's description.

My experience is a good example: my do-everything SonyEricsson P900 does not work with my Bluetooth-capable car (the SonyEricsson P900 lacks a "handsfree profile" required to work with the BMW implementation of integration of cell phone and car). Successful 6 Series Bluetoth retrofit, but phone incompatible (http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e63/5905660-1.html)

Even if you have a "BT-compatible" phone with the BT "handsfree profile," there are other features that may or may not work properly. For example, the phone should automatically share its phone book with the car to enable a set of nice features: based on your phone's address book: Calling Name display and

BMW Customer Assistance has a short list of compatible phones (SE T68i, SE T610, SE T630, Motorola V600). A more extensive compatibility list is here:
More extensive list of BMW-compatible phones (http://www.x5world.net/bluetooth_compatible_phones.htm )

What phones work for you?
Please share what works for you so that we can all share in your experience and knowledge.

Phone model: Motorola KRZR K1
Car model:
[ X] ability to make/receive calls
[ X] phone book automatically synches to car
[ X] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[ X] calling name display (using adddress book)

Works as a charms

vancleer
01-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Phone model: Verizon LG VX5300
Car model:2006 530xi
[?] calling name display (using adddress book)

cvb
01-11-2008, 11:55 AM
With my Blackjack II, if I use iDrive (or iDrive shortcut buttons) to dial a call, I get my own voice echoing in the speakers....but if I use the phone to dial the call, I do not.

Weird.

oneon3putts
01-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Update!

Got this phone yesterday and results are if anyone is interested.

Phone model: Verizon Wireless XV6800
[X] phone book automatically sync to car
[X] calling name display (using address book)
[unsure have not tried] ability to send/receive SMS

Were you able to get the full address book or just the favorites? Currently have a Treo 700w, looking to upgrade in Feb. Thx.

TX Buzzard
01-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Phone model: BlackBerry 8830
Car model: 2008 550i
[X] ability to send/receive SMS

The 8830 BlackBerry works seamlessly every time. It pairs with the car very quickly upon entering as well. Am very pleased... at last!

southgate
01-12-2008, 09:01 PM
my sidekick pairs up well but i can only revieve and make calls

skiphoyt
01-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Moving from E500 wagon to 535xiT.....with phone "docked", calling home to retrieve messages, is there a way to key in the two number code that is needed to activate the answering machine? There is a dedicated key pad on the Mercedes dash. Thanks in advance for your help.......dealer could not answer question. YOUR FORUM IS GREAT!!!!

jasonrhcastle
01-14-2008, 09:34 AM
You should be able to click the iDrive controller down one level from the in call screen to the "keypad" or "number pad". From there you should be able to enter the digits you need as if it were directly from the phone. I will try and take a shot of my iDrive screen and show you what I mean.

J

Ron T
01-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Phone model: Alltel HTC Touch
Car model:

This phone works fine with my 2006 530. My only concern is that my dealer is insisting that it's not on the "approved" carrier list and therefore I could have issues with the TCU that could potentially void my warranty.

Is this BS or is there truth to this? Are there many other Alltel users out there?

Thanks,
Ron

skiphoyt
01-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Moving from E500 wagon to 535xiT.....with phone "docked", calling home to retrieve messages, is there a way to key in the two number code that is needed to activate the answering machine? There is a dedicated key pad on the Mercedes dash. Thanks in advance for your help.......dealer could not answer question. YOUR FORUM IS GREAT!!!!

The suggestion from jasonrhcastle works fine.......I also discovered that just adding about 2 pauses on the phone between the number dialed and the code to retrieve messages works without needing to do anything else or take your eyes off the road.

TMQ
01-18-2008, 09:04 AM

It's silly to quote myself, but...

Everything now works. The 2006 Motorola Razr V3 from T mobile, can call, can dial by address, etc. The mistake that I made was waiting to enter the pin on the cell; just need to enter the pin in BMW first. (Opposite to the Sony Ericsson model.)

Yeah, the Genie garage door openers also work now. As suggested by others, first sync the garage door opener by placing it between the windshield and the rear view mirror, and do it away from the house (to avoid sending the garage door going up and down stupidly), and then drive back to the house, leave the car running, climb a ladder, press the learn button on the garage door opener unit, and then sync.

Thanks to the knowledgeable people here.

calpalmer
01-27-2008, 05:20 PM
I have an '08 550i coming, and hope to use my Blackberry 8130 in the cradle. I ordered a snap-in adapter from bmwgenuineparts.co.uk that is represented to accept the 8100 and establish antenna connectivity as well as charging. I can't see there is any difference between the 8100 and 8130 in this respect, so have taken the chance.

Has anyone used this adapter for the 8130?

Thanks,

Cal

Penny
01-28-2008, 06:18 AM
Hi, I am new to the forum. I own a 2005 525i and am on Sprint network. Has anyone had any luck paring a Sprint phone with their 525i? Sorry if it has been posted and I missed it.
Thanks in advance!

jesimmons
01-28-2008, 09:15 PM
I have a very inexpensive Sprint plan with lots of minutes which I negotiated and don't want to cancel If I don't have to. I'm past my contract period so could switch to Verizon if I had to with no penalties.

Anyway, I digress. My current Sprint phone doesn't have bluetooth so I need a good phone to use with my new 535i. Looking for suggestions on what works. I really don't need a super expensive phone (BB, Treo, etc.). A good basic phone is all I want as long as it works with the 535i.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Penny
01-29-2008, 06:27 AM
Jesimmons I called the BMW dealership and they told me to go to http://www.wireless4bmw.com and there is a list of phones and carriers. However, I was also told by lots of BMW owners that just because it isn't on the list doesn't mean it will not work. That is why I posted to see if anyone had paired a Sprint phone that wasn't on the list with a 2005 525i. I hope this helps you a little.

bdkinnh
01-29-2008, 11:52 AM
I have a Motorola v6c phone with Verizon, and I'm using it with a 2008 535i. Works like a charm - phone paired without problem, and the phone book transferred perfectly.

jasonrhcastle
01-29-2008, 01:29 PM
The RAZR2 on Sprint is nice and works just fine...