PDA

View Full Version : BMW Bluetooth Compatible phones; What WORKS?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

rduncan
11-12-2004, 11:04 PM
Find a Compatible Handset - Not all Bluetooth phones will work!
Unfortunately, not all Bluetooth compatible phones will work (partially or fully) with BMW's Bluetooth systems. As such, “Bluetooth” is an ambiguous term and insufficient to ensure compatibility. That is unfortunate, since "Bluetooth" is all that is typically included in the phone's description.

My experience is a good example: my do-everything SonyEricsson P900 does not work with my Bluetooth-capable car (the SonyEricsson P900 lacks a "handsfree profile" required to work with the BMW implementation of integration of cell phone and car). Successful 6 Series Bluetoth retrofit, but phone incompatible (http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e63/5905660-1.html)

Even if you have a "BT-compatible" phone with the BT "handsfree profile," there are other features that may or may not work properly. For example, the phone should automatically share its phone book with the car to enable a set of nice features: based on your phone's address book: Calling Name display and

BMW Customer Assistance has a short list of compatible phones (SE T68i, SE T610, SE T630, Motorola V600). A more extensive compatibility list is here:
More extensive list of BMW-compatible phones (http://www.x5world.net/bluetooth_compatible_phones.htm )

What phones work for you?
Please share what works for you so that we can all share in your experience and knowledge.

Please post your experience: :thumbup:
----------------------------------------------
Phone model:
Car model:
[ ] ability to make/receive calls
[ ] phone book automatically synches to car
[ ] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[ ] calling name display (using adddress book)
[ ] ability to send/receive SMS

subterFUSE
11-13-2004, 05:22 AM
Phone model: HP iPaq H6315 Pocket PC Phone Edition (PDA/phone)
Car model: 2005 545i
[x] ability to make/receive calls

I have found another glitch. My PDA unfortunately goes into a suspend mode when not in use, to save battery power. When it suspends, everything shuts off except for the cellular phone connection. That means bluetooth shuts off when the phone is not in use. So when an incoming call rings in, the car will not be linked with the phone until the PDA has time to load the bluetooth. This means, the phone will ring a few times before bluetooth can connect..... and you will most likely miss the call while waiting for the pairing to complete.

ANNOYING. :mad:

breytonX5
11-13-2004, 07:21 AM
My SE P910 works (only partially) with BMW bluetooth. It pairs up quite easily but phone book won't auto transfer. So the new P910 now supports handsfree protocol.

jfai
11-13-2004, 12:55 PM
:thumbup:
Phone model: Sony Ericsson T637
Car model: 04/2000 540iA + BMW ULF 84216950089
[X] ability to make/receive calls
[X] phone book automatically synches to car
[X] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[X] calling name display (using adddress book)
[X] ability to send/receive SMS

BillKach
11-14-2004, 12:03 PM
I bought a Motorola V600 just so I could use it in my new 6er, I sure hope I'm not disappointed!
I'll keep you posted.

SRFast
11-14-2004, 06:08 PM
I bought a Motorola V600 just so I could use it in my new 6er, I sure hope I'm not disappointed!
I'll keep you posted.

The V600 works fine with the BMW BT ULF. Full functionality. Here's a useful BMW BT link: http://www.x5world.com/bluetooth.htm

Hope this helps....JL

Jstchecking
11-15-2004, 08:16 PM
Will TMobile Blackberry 7100t work with the E60 Bluetooth?

subterFUSE
11-22-2004, 08:43 PM
T-Mobile BlackBerry 7100t will NOT work with BMW Bluetooth.

I just returned home with one of these BlackBerries, and it will pair up.... but fails to allow connection. I tried making and receiving calls, it will not work at all.

mda
11-24-2004, 08:11 PM
Here is a partial list from BMW. May have changed.
AT & T/ CINGULAR
Motorola V600
Sony Erickson T616
Sony Erickson T637
Motorola Razr V3

SPRINT
Sony Erickson T608

kd2789mo
11-24-2004, 09:28 PM
If you part take in the on-demand world, the Razr V3 is the way to go. It's a multimedia Bluetooth command center, the size of a credit card. It integrates flawlessly with most any Bluetooth device, your car, PDA, Laptop, Desktop, et al. With a simple module, you can virtually set the security system, and view the security cameras in your home from an island off the coast of Spain, several thousand miles from home...in real time.

subterFUSE
11-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Just got my RAZR today.

It works great with the BMW.

kd2789mo
11-26-2004, 04:28 PM
Got mine a week ago. Wait 'till you spend some time getting to know it, that thing Rocks!
btb, passed thru Winter Park last week on my way to dinner in Winter Springs...very nice area! Reminds me a lot of SoCal.
If you like Chinese food, there's a place called 3-6-9 at Red Bug and Tuskawilla... :thumbup:

typrsn
11-26-2004, 07:06 PM
My Sprint Treo 650 does not work with my '05 545i. The address book doesn't interface. The handsfree aspect of it only works when you initiate a call or answer a call directly from the phone. I don't know if BMW needs to come out with a new software update and/or Palm needs to do a firmware update for the phone. The Treo 650 is an exellent device and I'm confident that resolution will come about soon. I'll keep you posted.

subterFUSE
11-28-2004, 11:38 AM
That only seems to back-up my previous assertion.

"Handheld/PDA style devices with Bluetooth do Not work with BMW.
Cellular phones with Bluetooth will work."

That is 3 for 3 handhelds that I've seen not working. Anyone else see a trend?

kd2789mo
11-28-2004, 11:44 AM
As far as I know, BMW's Bluetooth software only supports primary stand-alone cellular devices. I've yet to hear of any Bluetooth device, incorporating cellular capability, being compatible with BMW's Bluetooth software, PDA's, BlackBerry, etc.

yamilrx
11-28-2004, 06:33 PM
A friend of mine is very disappointed b/c he bought a 2004 530i and was told bluetooth would be available and up to date they keep telling him that it is in the works. I was wondering if your BMW came with bluetooth or if you had something done afterwards to have it installed. . This is the only complaint he has had as of yet from his bimmer . Thank you.

jfai
11-29-2004, 12:57 PM
A friend of mine is very disappointed b/c he bought a 2004 530i and was told bluetooth would be available and up to date they keep telling him that it is in the works. I was wondering if your BMW came with bluetooth or if you had something done afterwards to have it installed. . This is the only complaint he has had as of yet from his bimmer . Thank you.

I bought the ULF from advancedautovations (http://www.advancedautovations.com) and installed it myself. I also bought upgrades to the navigation computer and the display from Martin Bishop (http://www.bimmernav.com). Martin also sells Bluetooth modules. In my opinion, he provides excellent customer service. I'm very happy with the upgrades and installation is easy.

Big Pete
11-30-2004, 05:30 PM
TO: SubterFuse, and other Pocket PC Phone users.
RE: IPAQ 6315 PPC..

If the PPC to a Travel Adapter for continuous power, will the phone go into suspend mode or will BT pairing remain active?? :dunno:

Thanks

Phone model: HP iPaq H6315 Pocket PC Phone Edition (PDA/phone)

I have found another glitch. My PDA unfortunately goes into a suspend mode when not in use, to save battery power. When it suspends, everything shuts off except for the cellular phone connection. That means bluetooth shuts off when the phone is not in use. So when an incoming call rings in, the car will not be linked with the phone until the PDA has time to load the bluetooth. This means, the phone will ring a few times before bluetooth can connect..... and you will most likely miss the call while waiting for the pairing to complete.

ANNOYING. :mad:

subterFUSE
12-01-2004, 06:33 AM
This was something I considered myself.

The theory is.... if you maintain the power on the iPaq, like when its in a cradle.... then the bluetooth drivers will remain active.

Unfortunately, the bluetooth drivers on the iPaq are so poor, that this is not the only problem. The drivers will only connect successfully to the BMW once, and then you'll have to soft reset. Keeping the power alive will NOT solve the iPaq problems.

I have sidelined my iPaq because it would not work with my BMW. I now have a Motorola RAZR. It works great.

In fact, I only have one complaint about the Motorola. When I use the car to call someone, and they do not pick up.... the car hangs up before the voicemail comes on for you to leave a message. I don't know why.

hcramer
12-02-2004, 10:30 AM

The theory is.... if you maintain the power on the iPaq, like when its in a cradle.... then the bluetooth drivers will remain active.

Unfortunately, the bluetooth drivers on the iPaq are so poor, that this is not the only problem. The drivers will only connect successfully to the BMW once, and then you'll have to soft reset. Keeping the power alive will NOT solve the iPaq problems.

I have sidelined my iPaq because it would not work with my BMW. I now have a Motorola RAZR. It works great.

In fact, I only have one complaint about the Motorola. When I use the car to call someone, and they do not pick up.... the car hangs up before the voicemail comes on for you to leave a message. I don't know why.

How about the Motorola V551? received a totally compatible rating for bluetooth

Blax
12-02-2004, 10:53 AM

T637 seems to be the most friendly Bluetooth phone on the market today.

bim530mer
12-05-2004, 03:24 AM
Hi,
I have got the BMW telephone (it is BMW not nokia or motoroal, I guess it is called business) and it is wireless. Can I assume it is bluetooth? And if yes how would I pair another bluetooth phone? I tried as one of the threads mentioned pressing the R/T button on the steering wheel but no effect.

Can anyone help?

My car is 530iA 2003 (October production)

kd2789mo
12-05-2004, 08:20 AM
An '03 530 does not have bluetooth capability.
If your phone is the one you got with the vehicle, and says BMW on the face/display, it is a Motorola, probably a v60, which is not a bluetooth phone either.
If you remove the battery, the inside label will identify the phone manufacturer/model for you.

xspeedy
12-05-2004, 09:19 AM

I second the T637. I have an ATT model, and it is great.

My only beef is that the same soft button used to hang up is also the Mmode button. So if you have the habit of hanging up by hitting the button two or three times, you'll often wind up connecting to the web whenever you hang up after a call.

SE seems to have a more energy efficient BT system. I still have to charge nightly, but it seems a lot better than my Moto V600.

ad545i
12-05-2004, 05:12 PM
My SE P910 works (only partially) with BMW bluetooth. It pairs up quite easily but phone book won't auto transfer. So the new P910 now supports handsfree protocol.

Can you tell me how you send/receive calls, i was be able to send from my SE910i sometime, sometime it did not work, i did not know what seems to be a problems, i don't need to transfer the phone book, all i need is send/received call.

I got 05 545i, i think it was same as in 05 X5 system. Thanks in advance.

trikerider
12-10-2004, 09:05 AM
Those of you that have the RAZR, who is your provider? Are you happy with the coverage in your area?

I've found verizon's coverage to be quite good but I'm thinking seriously of dumping them to pick up a RAZR.

kybriggs82
12-10-2004, 10:30 AM
I purchased the Motorola V551 for my 05' 545i to compliment the BMW BLUETOOTH and it works perfectly in my vehicle. All functions work as they should and I enjoy this option with its clarity. So how does one wire the navigation dvd system to play normal dvds since I see the option in the i-drive entertainment mode?

subterFUSE
12-10-2004, 04:47 PM
I have the RAZR.

I am using it with T-Mobile. I purchased an unlocked phone on eBay.

The reception quality is very good. This is the first phone I've been able to use indoors at my house and work. My others previously never had enough signal.

It works very well with Bluetooth.

trikerider
12-11-2004, 06:57 AM
From here:

http://russellbeattie.com/notebook/1007961.html#1012344

It looks as if the official firmware upgrade fixes the bluetooth issues. However, there now appears to be some activity on various verizon-related sites that verizon is considering hobbling the TransFlash capabilities of this phone. (suspicions are: further attempts to keep customers hooked to the "get it now" thing.)

Not sure if I care about TF but I am developing concerns about Verizon's business practices. ya' know? i didn't even care about this stuff until about 3 days ago. Perfectly content with my verizon service. in fact, I didn't even care that much about bluetooth until I ordered my new bmw.

begs the question, is ignorance bliss, doesn't it?

#750 :)

kovi
12-11-2004, 08:59 AM
Hey Guys,

I have a 99 540i and a retrofit BMW Bluetooth Kit. Install was very simple and I am very happy with the system. I've only tried two types of phone on this system. The V600s that I have tried have all worked perfectly. They sync the phonebook and have a very good connection. My main phone is a Verizon V710 and this is less then perfect. Overall I can get them to connect (no phonebook transfer), but every now and then it'll connect / disconnect in a never-ending cycle. If I turn off the phone and turn it back on things are better. Overall, I think its worth it.

-Alex

yamilrx
12-31-2004, 09:36 PM
I have the RAZR.

I am using it with T-Mobile. I purchased an unlocked phone on eBay.

The reception quality is very good. This is the first phone I've been able to use indoors at my house and work. My others previously never had enough signal.

It works very well with Bluetooth.

I second that. I have a razr through t-mobile and it works awesome. I will be testing it with my new 05 530i in a few months via ED. The phone is really cool. I do miss my pda-phone though, I also ordered a benq p50 pocket pc phone, I need the pda function. I guess I'll be using both the razr and the pda-phone by swapping the sim card.

BillKach
12-31-2004, 11:48 PM
I do miss my pda-phone though, I also ordered a benq p50 pocket pc phone, I need the pda function. I guess I'll be using both the razr and the pda-phone by swapping the sim card.

Or get the Treo 650 when t-mobile offers it...

jefflieb
01-01-2005, 07:05 AM
Got a Cingular Razr V3. It paired up to my '01 E39 NO PROBLEM, sounds good hands free. paid 499 w/2yr no add'l fees (long-term account)
upgraded from a Sony t-616

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!! :thumbup:

dasWolf
01-01-2005, 08:00 AM
Got a Cingular Razr V3. It paired up to my '01 E39 NO PROBLEM, sounds good hands free. paid 499 w/2yr no add'l fees (long-term account)
upgraded from a Sony t-616

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!! :thumbup:

What Bluetooth Module/kit did you use on an '01 E39?

jefflieb
01-01-2005, 08:20 AM
The BT module modified by Martin Bishop to fit early E39s :D :thumbup: . Would you like to buy it,:dunno: my new 545 SMG is here in Natick, MA:p jefflieb@realtor.com (jefflieb@realtor.com)

PS for the right price I would even install it for you!

yamilrx
01-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Or get the Treo 650 when t-mobile offers it...

I prefer pocket pc OS rather than palm OS. I used to have the T-mobile pocket pc phone edition and it worked but I wanted the faster processor, BT and wi-fi which the benq p50 pocket pc phone will have.

subterFUSE
01-03-2005, 06:53 PM
A pocket PC phone won't work with BMW bluetooth.... at least, not completly.

You will assuredly not get contacts to sync...

I had iPaq H6315 and BlackBerry 7100..... neither works with BMW. (iPaq did operate, but the bluetooth is highly unreliable on that unit)

gold233790
01-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Anyone here use the Motorola mpx220? The Razr works very well apparently, as does the v551. I want to "assume" that Motorola uses similar technology in their current Cingular BT phones, but as we've learned that's not always the case.

The mpx220 syncs has an operating system that works for me, and is easy to sync to my laptop email accounts. Would love to hear thoughts/experiences.

Thanks! Once I set this sucker up, my '05 530i is going to be perfect!

exthree
01-17-2005, 06:35 AM
Unfortunately, not all Bluetooth compatible phones will work (partially or fully) with BMW's Bluetooth systems. As such, “Bluetooth” is an ambiguous term and insufficient to ensure compatibility. That is unfortunate, since "Bluetooth" is all that is typically included in the phone's description.

My experience is a good example: my do-everything SonyEricsson P900 does not work with my Bluetooth-capable car (the SonyEricsson P900 lacks a "handsfree profile" required to work with the BMW implementation of integration of cell phone and car). Successful 6 Series Bluetoth retrofit, but phone incompatible (http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e63/5905660-1.html)

Even if you have a "BT-compatible" phone with the BT "handsfree profile," there are other features that may or may not work properly. For example, the phone should automatically share its phone book with the car to enable a set of nice features: based on your phone's address book: Calling Name display and

BMW Customer Assistance has a short list of compatible phones (SE T68i, SE T610, SE T630, Motorola V600). A more extensive compatibility list is here:
More extensive list of BMW-compatible phones (http://www.x5world.net/bluetooth_compatible_phones.htm )

Please share what works for you so that we can all share in your experience and knowledge.

Phone model:
Car model:

My old Ericsson T39m does not work with BMW bluetooth.

kmguide
01-19-2005, 11:49 AM
Hi folks;

This is my first post in this forum and would like to thank everyone for providing great information. Hopefully I will be able to contribute myself at some point.

I have a 2004 545i that came with a Bluetooth code printed in the manual, but I have no nav installed. Would a BT phone still work, especially having the ability to use it handsfree? Also, it would appear that Motorola phones might be best bet.

Many thanks,
Michael

subterFUSE
01-19-2005, 05:42 PM
Sony phones work more completely.... ie SMS works.

But Moto's are great.... just no SMS.

swajames
01-20-2005, 09:46 AM
Just got a new Moto v551 yesterday. Paired up fine with my 2005 545i and I can make and receive calls, only issue is that I can't seem to get the car to upload the phone book from the v551. My car was in for a software update on Tuesday this week so I know the car's software is current, anyone know if there are any firmware updates for the v551 that might help or have any ideas on how to get the phone/car to upload the address book? Not a big deal as to be honest I'm more interested in receiving calls but any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
cheers

jefflieb
01-20-2005, 02:27 PM
The first couple of times with my Razr The phonebook did not sync and come up in the car:thumbdwn: , but magically after a couple of days there is was, all of my numbers.:D

swajames
01-20-2005, 05:15 PM
The first couple of times with my Razr The phonebook did not sync and come up in the car:thumbdwn: , but magically after a couple of days there is was, all of my numbers.:D

That's good to hear. As I understand it the newer Motorola devices use the same bluetooth modules etc so hopefully mine will magically sync up as well. Out of interest, which carrier are you using? My v551 is from Cingular, I'm just hoping they haven't "done a Verizon" and messed round with the phone's standard functionality here......

swajames
01-20-2005, 09:02 PM
That's good to hear. As I understand it the newer Motorola devices use the same bluetooth modules etc so hopefully mine will magically sync up as well. Out of interest, which carrier are you using? My v551 is from Cingular, I'm just hoping they haven't "done a Verizon" and messed round with the phone's standard functionality here......

Update re the V551 - jumped in the car after work tonight and for the first time everything synced up fine, all address book entries (both phone and SIM) transferred over as per the Razr owner above. Didn't do anything different, just seemed to want to work this time.

LCC
01-20-2005, 09:43 PM

That very thing happens to me...hangs up before voicemail picks up. I have the SE T637, which leads me to believe the problem is the BT module???? I have a 2005 X5.
:dunno:

In any event, it only happens when calling another cell phone, seems to work when I call someone's land line and leave a message.

subterFUSE
01-21-2005, 12:22 PM
It is a ring limiter. Hangs up after 5 unanswered rings.

BMW will need to address it in a software update.

T.Vincent
01-22-2005, 08:51 AM

If he has BMW Assist there is a way to disable the Assist and retro fit the bluetooth, or he can continue to wait for an official retro kit from BMW which may still be a few months away. -T.Vincent

Alton1970
01-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Here is a partial list from BMW. May have changed.
AT & T/ CINGULAR
Motorola V600
Sony Erickson T616
Sony Erickson T637
Motorola Razr V3

SPRINT
Sony Erickson T608

Do you need to put a special code in for the BMW communication system to recognize the bluetooth?

swajames
01-27-2005, 11:20 PM
Do you need to put a special code in for the BMW communication system to recognize the bluetooth?

Generally I think you just need to set a PIN number on both the phone and the car. You set it initially on the car then input the same PIN on the phone. Any PIN is fine as long as they are the same, once you have set the PIN and made the initial link future connection is automatic (at least that's how it works on my V551).

Dmitri
01-31-2005, 11:03 AM
Phone model: Sony Ericsson T608
Car model: 2003 530i

The phone (originally, Sprint PCS) is converted to work on Verizon network.
The phone book does not sync. Occasionally, the phone does not pair with the car. Sometimes, it pairs (the red light on the dash comes off), but the incoming call is not routed from the phone to the car. Same happens to the outgoing calls (even though I make a call using the car controls, the sound goes to the phone). I am thinking of getting Motorola V710 or Audiovox XV6600 instead.

abomb
01-31-2005, 04:16 PM
Which part # bluetooth module are you using?

Phone model: Sony Ericsson T608
Car model: 2003 530i

The phone (originally, Sprint PCS) is converted to work on Verizon network.
The phone book does not sync. Occasionally, the phone does not pair with the car. Sometimes, it pairs (the red light on the dash comes off), but the incoming call is not routed from the phone to the car. Same happens to the outgoing calls (even though I make a call using the car controls, the sound goes to the phone). I am thinking of getting Motorola V710 or Audiovox XV6600 instead.

la-law
02-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Need assistance getting the sony ericsson T630 to work with the car. The Cell phone is blue tooth and infrared capable. The local BMW dealer (Schaal, located in Bitburg Germany, Very Professional!!!) but can't really assist me since my car is US Specs. The 2004 525 I is pre-wired for a cell phone, but I don't know if I need to order over parts. I have not received any responses back fron BMW dealers with this same question... Can someone please pont me in the right direction?

Thanks

L A LAW
USAF

QUOTE=jfai]I bought the ULF from advancedautovations (http://www.advancedautovations.com) and installed it myself. I also bought upgrades to the navigation computer and the display from Martin Bishop (http://www.bimmernav.com). Martin also sells Bluetooth modules. In my opinion, he provides excellent customer service. I'm very happy with the upgrades and installation is easy.[/QUOTE]

Fireray
02-02-2005, 08:44 AM
I have a Razor V3 cell phone and it works great including the phone book transfering over. I own a 2005 530I. Just love it when all goes well.

wkohorst
02-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Recently had the Bluetooth Software upgrade added to my March 2004 build 530i. I have had my cell phone account with Verizon for fourteen years; they told me that their Motorola v710 phone would work with my car's Bluetooth. Alas, after successful pairing between the phone and my car, no consistent communications could be maintained between the car and the phone. It seems that Verizon was telling me a real story when they told me v710 would work. It appears that I'm also a victim of Verizon's Bluetooth crippling deprogramming of the phone.

I returned the phone to Verizon and got a refund for the phone.

I then went to T-Mobile, and tested one of their Motorola v600's with my car. All features of the inicar phone system worked just as in the owner's manual, including phone book transfer, voice commands, etc.

Verizon just lost a loyal customer because of their short-sightedness.

Again, the v600 from T-Mobile works perfectly with my 2004 530i.

Jstchecking
02-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Please read the attached problem description.

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/8021/7925/736516/What_Is_-_Connection_problems_between_BlackBerry_handhelds_ and_Motorola_Bluetooth_car_kits_in_2005_BMW_models .html?nodeid=780420&vernum=0

There seems to be no reslution for this problem.

acourvil
02-06-2005, 10:55 AM
Any definitive info on the Treo 650? I saw some initial reports of problems, but that was prior to the patch that was released by Palm for car kits.

Jstchecking
02-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Here is link that acknowledges the issue.

Does anybody (including BMWNA folks reading this) know when or how this issue will be resolved.
http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/8021/7925/736516/What_Is_-_Connection_problems_between_BlackBerry_handhelds_ and_Motorola_Bluetooth_car_kits_in_2005_BMW_models .html?nodeid=780420&vernum=0

Or search for

What Is - Connection problems between BlackBerry handhelds and Motorola Bluetooth car kits in 2005 BMW models

iDriveguy
02-11-2005, 11:19 PM
Cheers all,

Just thout I'd post this since I have done so on so many other forums.

The below only applies to E60 model year 2005 with a production date of 9/04 or newer.
Feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

Cheers for now! ;-)

PHONE COMPATIBILITY:
In the never ending story of Bluetooth compatibility for the new E60
I thought I'd share the below. Note: This is AFTER I purchased (then returned) a Nokia 6230.

- My Car = 2005 E60 w/build date of 9/04
- Told by dealer prod. date was too early to have Bluetooth
- Dealer WRONG = all 2005 E60 from 9/04 are Bluetooth enabled
- No additional software "update" required
- Nokia 6230 = paired but BMW acted only as a giant "speaker phone"
- 6230 = not integrated w/iDrive screen or steering wheel buttons
- Sony Ericsson T637 = FULLY compatible
- Paired in less than 30 seconds
- Integrated w/iDrive, steering wheel, stereo, mute, etc. FULLY
- No need to take to dealer for pairing or assistance
- Total cost = $109 for T637 w/ $70 rebate. Total exp. after = $39
- ZERO extra cost to have dealer "pair" phone w/car

I did have to switch from Verizon to Cingular (frankly I don't care since you can "port" numbers now). Cingular/AT&T = only provider offering Sony Ericsson T610, T616, T630 & T637 - all of which are listed by BMW as being "compatible". The only down side = had to sign a 2yr contract w/Cingular.

PHONE CRADLE/CHARGER:
This IS the definitive word - don't let your dealers/parts guy tell you different. The below parts are not only required to fit your (Sony Ericsson) phone into the E60, they also fit PERFECTLY and can be installed in LESS than 60min. (possible less than 30min by a "pro")

BMW parts needed for Sony Ericsson phone:
- Adapter: part #84210304298 = $140
- Eject Box: part #84216946075 = $120
- Support: part #51167060175 = $20

Note: Above prices include 10% BMWCCA discount

These three parts together REPLACE the "coin tray" inside the center arm rest of the E60. The parts (snapped together as one unit) allow the driver to secure a Sony Ericsson phone and have it charge while in the car and utilize the vehicles phone antenna.

A HUGE thanks to mrbelk for his descriptive install instructions & pictures. Note: mrbelks pix & instructions outline install for CPT 9000 phone - it is EXACTLY the same for Sony Ericsson Bluetooth phones.

Another big cheers to "Gary" of Stevens Creek BMW in San Jose, CA - Gary did all the leg work, obtained the parts and did so WITHOUT making me pay for them first.

stream
02-12-2005, 09:30 AM
iDriveguy,
Glad to hear somebody has figured out the bluetooth phone snap in adapter mystery, although that's not an inexpensive solution!

When the phone is in the cradle, does it turn on and off with the car?

iDriveguy
02-12-2005, 11:12 PM
Lame - this forum didn't alow me to type an nt (no text) reply. Hence this sentence... 8-)

MysteryCard
02-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Here is link that acknowledges the issue.

Does anybody (including BMWNA folks reading this) know when or how this issue will be resolved.

Or search for

What Is - Connection problems between BlackBerry handhelds and Motorola Bluetooth car kits in 2005 BMW models

Still a problem with my BB 7290 and a 2005 525i purchased a week ago. Car and phone connect but no operability after that. Don't care about transferring phone book but it would be nice if it worked. Does BMWNA know there's a problem? Any software updates from Blackberry imminent? Any other fixes or alternatives recommended. It's frustrating. :mad:

MiD
03-05-2005, 12:37 PM

I have a 2003 530i (no Nav) and had BWM install the Blue Tooth kit after market. I use a Sony/Ericsson T637 and it has worked as advertised from the start; full compatibility. I did experience a very low level alternator whine through the audio system only after the BT installation, but the problem was completely rectified by BMW by installing an "adapter plug" (no charge) on a follow up visit. I couldn't be happier with my BT setup. One one minor caveat: The onboard voice system is a bit loud. You can turn it down after activation via voice or manual controls, but their doesn't appear to be a way to lower the factory default level when you first turn it on. The voume level is the same regardless of where your audio system level is set prior to voice activation.

MiD
03-05-2005, 12:42 PM

My dealer uses a MOT V551 on sight to check BT installations. My T637 paired more quickly, updated address book info more quickly, and responded to car commands more quickly. Highly reccommended.

MiD
03-05-2005, 12:45 PM
An '03 530 does not have bluetooth capability.

Huh? My 2003 530i BT works just fine with my SE T637!

gmanDC
03-25-2005, 07:30 AM
I have been in the market for and have researched phones for the BT in the 525i. I pick up my BMW in a couple of days. While I wanted the Treo 650, I read enough to know the phone book ain't gonna work. So I followed the BWM approved list, switched from Sprint to Verizon so that I can get the "Fully Compatible" Motorola V710. I am now reading that there are problems with address book transfer in the BMW due to Verizon's crippling of BT functionality. Bummer !! I still have a few days for the full refund and am considering a journey to Cingular for the Motorola Razor V3. Coverage sucks but phone seems nice. Any advice on the V3? experience? Pros? Cons?

jefflieb
03-25-2005, 07:42 AM
Moto Razr works WELL !!

subterFUSE
03-26-2005, 05:54 AM
I have the RAZR.

Overall, I like the phone. My biggest complaint:

When using the phone normally, without bluetooth.... there is no quick way to find a person in your phonebook. You have to scroll through one by one until you get there. For someone like me, who has hundreds of numbers in my phone... this is a nightmare. You can filter the phone list by category, but that still does not help because in any one category I still have tons of numbers.

pbleic
03-30-2005, 10:18 PM
I have a 7100g (Cingular) that seems to work fine with my 330Xi Bluetooth (or mostly fine - I think I have had a couple of glitches; possible user error). It is software version 4.00, build 219. (Settings -> Options --> About).

However, I bought my wife a 7100t and it would pair, but nothing else (like the described issues). I called T-Mobile and they had me upgrade from v3 software to v4.00, build 198 . Unfortunately, this one will pair and work for several calls, then die - the phone will answer but you can't hear anyone on the other end.

Seems like T-Mobile is behind in getting the most up to date software for this platform.

Comments?

pbleic
03-30-2005, 10:41 PM
Actually, you can make and receive calls on the phone, through the speakers with the 7100g. Caller ID works. However, the buttons on the steering wheel don't function and there doesn't seem to be transfer of any data.

I discovered that I never got an instruction booklet for bluetooth with the car!!

pbleic
03-31-2005, 06:03 PM
Upgraded the phone to Release 274 (available from the Cingular support website) using directions on blackberryforums.com. Works great, but all dialing and receiving of calls is through the phone. Caller ID, mic and speakers work fine. Functional, but not elegant.

JST
03-31-2005, 07:20 PM
Phone model: Motorola V710 (Verizon Wireless)
Car model: 2005 330i with BMW Assist

gmanDC
04-01-2005, 06:49 AM
Moto Razr works WELL !!

This is a good sign.

So my follow up to the V3 Razor users on 2005BMW: I need to check voicemail on a couple of landline numbers. The process is to call a number (i.e. verizon voicemail) wait for a prompt, enter a "*" wait for a prompt, enter a 10 digit phone number, wait for a prompt, then enter my pin number. Then I can do the usual stuff, press 1 to listen to VM, 2 to erase, etc... My last car (yes a Benz I am afraid) had a dial pad and the ability to program a sequence of entries right after the phone numbe. The nice thing is I can send those entries when I choose ... by pressing the talk button on the steering (there was a talk and a seperate end button). Not the case with the Beemer. The talk is also the end and I am not sure the Razor can be programed that way anyway. The i-Drive scroll feature to manually enter so many numbers after I didal is extremly cumbersome. Has anyone encountered and resolved this task via programing the phone oand or other short cuts/tips/tricks?? Thanks

gmanDC
04-02-2005, 07:45 AM
This is a good sign.

So my follow up to the V3 Razor users on 2005BMW: I need to check voicemail on a couple of landline numbers. The process is to call a number (i.e. verizon voicemail) wait for a prompt, enter a "*" wait for a prompt, enter a 10 digit phone number, wait for a prompt, then enter my pin number. Then I can do the usual stuff, press 1 to listen to VM, 2 to erase, etc... My last car (yes a Benz I am afraid) had a dial pad and the ability to program a sequence of entries right after the phone numbe. The nice thing is I can send those entries when I choose ... by pressing the talk button on the steering (there was a talk and a seperate end button). Not the case with the Beemer. The talk is also the end and I am not sure the Razor can be programed that way anyway. The i-Drive scroll feature to manually enter so many numbers after I didal is extremly cumbersome. Has anyone encountered and resolved this task via programing the phone oand or other short cuts/tips/tricks?? Thanks

I'll reply to my own querry. Using DMTF tones on the V3 allowed me to do what I want by automating the first 25 digit entries. I only have to use the iDrive to scroll and select 1, 2 or 3 to listen, erase, save etc. That I can handle. Very nice phone. BTW: for the Mac OSX users: OnSync (shareware) is OUTSTANDING !! bluetooth syncing (fast) address book entries transfered from Mac to V3 beautifully. No re-entry required. as close as one gets to plug-and-play. Very Nice! :thumbup:

gmanDC
04-02-2005, 04:59 PM
I'll reply to my own querry. Using DMTF tones on the V3 allowed me to do what I want by automating the first 25 digit entries. I only have to use the iDrive to scroll and select 1, 2 or 3 to listen, erase, save etc. That I can handle. Very nice phone. BTW: for the Mac OSX users: OnSync (shareware) is OUTSTANDING !! bluetooth syncing (fast) address book entries transfered from Mac to V3 beautifully. No re-entry required. as close as one gets to plug-and-play. Very Nice! :thumbup:

But unfortunately sending DMTF does not work on the car's BT. Beemer Bummer :bawling:

wickups
04-07-2005, 07:21 PM
Phone model: Blackberry 7520 (Nextel)
Car model: 2005 M3 conv

You can also use Direct Connect with the 5720, the audio will route through car, but you need to still press the PTT button on the handset.

upcoming phone from Nextel i605, i use the phone but since it has not been released to the public i'll wait to post the details.

MizzouGuy
04-12-2005, 11:55 AM
Phone model: Sony T637 (Cingular)
Car model: 2005 X5
[ ?] ability to send/receive SMS

Everything works fine...but at startup is says "Loading Phonebook!". I heard this takes a while, but I let it run for almost 4 hours and finally turned the X5 off. Everything appears to be there though.

Everytime I try to use it...it says "loading Phonebook!".....I don't get it! I do have a pretty large phonebook that I sync with Outlook.

Any ideas????

SergeyM
04-14-2005, 09:08 PM
Phone model: = Motorola V710
Car model: 2005 BMW 545. Build 12/2004

[x] phone book automatically synches to car
[x] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[x] calling name display (using adddress book)
[ ] ability to send/receive SMS. Did not try. Probably not.

video131313
04-14-2005, 10:30 PM
I have a 2005 525i and have managed to pair my Motorola Razr with the car pretty flawlessly. The address book sync's (if I add a number it sometimes takes a few starts of the enging before it updates in the car), the voice dialing works well, etc. The only thing that I think I am missing is SMS capability. Is this something that not all of the BT systems have? I do not even have an option for SMS in the menu as the driving manual shows?

Thanks for your help!

gmanDC
04-16-2005, 03:07 PM
I have a 2005 525i and have managed to pair my Motorola Razr with the car pretty flawlessly. The address book sync's (if I add a number it sometimes takes a few starts of the enging before it updates in the car), the voice dialing works well, etc. The only thing that I think I am missing is SMS capability. Is this something that not all of the BT systems have? I do not even have an option for SMS in the menu as the driving manual shows?

Thanks for your help!

I have the same combination. The Razor syncs nicely. I am pretty sure that when you add names in your addressbook the syncing with the car BT is a time issue and not a re-start. you'll note the blue light on your razor (when flap is closed) will blink for a while as the two BT modules are communicating. It's a little slow but will eventually sync up. 5-15 minutes depending on number of new entries. I have no info on SMS. But am looking for easy ways to send tones after I dial certain numbers (i.e passcodes etc.) the car's BT does not recognize that feature on the phone.

Terry Kennedy
04-16-2005, 09:03 PM
I have a 2005 525i and have managed to pair my Motorola Razr with the car pretty flawlessly. The address book sync's (if I add a number it sometimes takes a few starts of the enging before it updates in the car), the voice dialing works well, etc. The only thing that I think I am missing is SMS capability. Is this something that not all of the BT systems have? I do not even have an option for SMS in the menu as the driving manual shows?Not all phones export SMS via Bluetooth. I don't think any of the BT Motorola phones do. On my 325 w/ NAV and ULF I have a SMS sub-option in the phone menu, but it always says "no messages". The 5 is probably smart enough to hide the option if the phone doesn't support it in the profile.

Nic3quik
04-17-2005, 07:41 AM
im considering buying an LG PM325 for sprint (apparently the only new bt phone) has anyone had any luck with this one?? also, my phone book doesn't work like in the demo car i drove, but i have the buttons....im guessing i need to have it either turned on or installed :eeps:

cprgolds
04-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Motorola V710 (upgraded firmware)
2004 525i (4/04 Build Date)

Phone model:
Car model:
[see note *] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[ ] ability to send/receive SMS {tested, but does not work - undoubtedly becasue of Verizon's crippling of OBEX}

*It appears to me that this item is referring to "Dial Name" in Voice Commands, and this by design has a directory list that needs to be created and does not live in the phone. This feature works fine, but this could be considered verbal training of system.

Terry Kennedy
04-24-2005, 01:42 PM
Motorola V710 (upgraded firmware)
2004 525i (4/04 Build Date)

Phone model:
Car model:
[ ] ability to send/receive SMS {tested, but does not work - undoubtedly becasue of Verizon's crippling of OBEX}Not neccessarily - I have a Motorola RAZR V3 from Cingular and SMS doesn't work with that either. It may be a "Motorola thing" and not a "Verizon thing".

Bart001
04-25-2005, 10:30 AM
Still a problem with my BB 7290 and a 2005 525i purchased a week ago. Car and phone connect but no operability after that. Don't care about transferring phone book but it would be nice if it worked. Does BMWNA know there's a problem? Any software updates from Blackberry imminent? Any other fixes or alternatives recommended. It's frustrating. :mad:

I have the same issue with my Blackberry 7290 in my 2005 545i. They 'handshake' but I cannot get past the 'please activate phone' message in the car.

I've yet to find an update that fixes this.

Ci2Eye
05-05-2005, 08:05 AM
Can't you just go to the phone book and then hit the key representing the letter that the name begins with to jump to that part of the directory? For example, open the phone book and then hit the 5 key (JKL) to jump to the first entry that starts with a J or the 9 key (WXYZ) to go to the first entry beginning with a W. My Razr does this and so did my old Motorola T720.

I have the RAZR.

Overall, I like the phone. My biggest complaint:

When using the phone normally, without bluetooth.... there is no quick way to find a person in your phonebook. You have to scroll through one by one until you get there. For someone like me, who has hundreds of numbers in my phone... this is a nightmare. You can filter the phone list by category, but that still does not help because in any one category I still have tons of numbers.

moonridur
05-05-2005, 09:44 AM
I have the same issue with my Blackberry 7290 in my 2005 545i. They 'handshake' but I cannot get past the 'please activate phone' message in the car.

I've yet to find an update that fixes this.

I had the same problem with my BB7290 and 05 Z4. I upgraded my BB to version 4.0 which solved the problem partially. I can pair the phone with the Z4 and use the mic and speakers with the phone but I can not control the phone from the steering wheel or transfer contact information. This is an acceptable solution versus using a BT headset.

I had a new problem last week though.. I had an alarm installed in the Z4 and the Bluetooth quit working! The car is at the dealer today trying to get this problem fixed. They are upgrading the code in the ECU.

Presley348
05-05-2005, 02:26 PM

Phone model:
Car model:
=================

Hi rduncan:

Cool Looking 6 series, I am jealous!!! :mad: Just kidding, but that is one fine ride! :thumbup:

My Next BMW will be a six or a seven series. :D

GKALUM1
05-05-2005, 04:58 PM
How Do I Upgrade A Bmw Timeport To A Cingular Gsm Phone In A 2003 745i ?
I Am Lost

SpeedFreak!
05-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Sorry if this is a done topic... but I didn't have time to read throught the whole post. Below is the official Bluetooth site for BMW. My Treo 650 connects to the 645Ci for placing recieving calls only... no syncing the phone book/log etc. However, it crashes in my '05 X5 while the X5 is trying to sync with the phone book. My suggestion would be to stick with the list of phones they give you. Below is the site... and below that is a really great site for info on cell phones:

http://www.bmwtransact.com/bluetooth/

http://www.phonescoop.com

Jeremy

fxroo7
05-06-2005, 07:01 PM
hi sergey

i'm about to sync my new motorola v710 with my 2005 530i tomorrow morning.
any tips on how to proceed. my dealer has faxed me the instructions.

thanks.

frank

545iSport
05-07-2005, 11:17 PM
The v710 mates beautifully. You will have no trouble.

JFK_flyer
05-16-2005, 10:08 AM
Since Nextel has released i605, can you share your experience with it? I am trying to pick between Nextel 7520 and i605.

Thanks!

You can also use Direct Connect with the 5720, the audio will route through car, but you need to still press the PTT button on the handset.

upcoming phone from Nextel i605, i use the phone but since it has not been released to the public i'll wait to post the details.

jonathan88
05-22-2005, 01:41 PM
Just got the 2006 525i, can anyone tell me if the nextel blackberry works with the BT in the car? Thanks.

CapeBimmer
05-26-2005, 05:30 PM
I thought all of my phones functions were working (transferry to the car) properly, but I noticed today that a call that I missed (while on another call) did not show up in the car's "missed call" list . . .

Anyone else have this problem. I have software rev 13.2

Thanks, Steve

tmoody
05-27-2005, 08:35 AM
noticed on the bmw site that all the "approved" models are only phones and not smartphones or PDA phones. i need to have access to work email as well, is anyone using these types of phones and having functionality with BMW BT?

arnolds
05-27-2005, 08:39 AM
noticed on the bmw site that all the "approved" models are only phones and not smartphones or PDA phones. i need to have access to work email as well, is anyone using these types of phones and having functionality with BMW BT?

I'm using my Cingular Treo 650 with my 545i w/ no issues so far.

yamilrx
05-27-2005, 10:44 AM
I'm using my Cingular Treo 650 with my 545i w/ no issues so far.

Hey Arnolds,
Do your contacts synchronize with the car on the Treo. My smartphone contacts do not.

arnolds
05-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Hey Arnolds,
Do your contacts synchronize with the car on the Treo. My smartphone contacts do not.

Well sort of...

For the treo, only the contacts that I have set up to my favorites buttons that are sync into the car's phonebook. Also, extra digits dialing with those contacts seem to crash the treo when its is getting paired.

TGray5
05-28-2005, 01:18 AM
I have the same combination. The Razor syncs nicely. I am pretty sure that when you add names in your addressbook the syncing with the car BT is a time issue and not a re-start. you'll note the blue light on your razor (when flap is closed) will blink for a while as the two BT modules are communicating. It's a little slow but will eventually sync up. 5-15 minutes depending on number of new entries. I have no info on SMS. But am looking for easy ways to send tones after I dial certain numbers (i.e passcodes etc.) the car's BT does not recognize that feature on the phone.

Yes, I'm having the same problem with getting the BT to recognize pause and # key so I can put my voicemail password in the phone number. What's weird is that it works with Razr on a friend's X5. Anyone find a workaround for this?

aloyouis
05-28-2005, 07:51 AM
Hey all,

I have the BB 7520 and a new E90 325i. I can't for the life of me get this combo to work. The car sees the phone and the phone sees the car and they pair up but then nothing works. I am pulling what little hair I have left out.

Does anyone know how to make this work?

ANY help or ideas to try would be greatly appreciated.

JIM

Morgan Smith
05-29-2005, 03:59 PM
Paired a Treo 650 to the wife's 645 convertible without trouble. Handsfree and voice dial only. NO address book read. But it works well for what it is. Suspect BMW and Verizon will work out compatibility issues soon.

BTW, I also own a 2005 545i. I installed a charging cradle for the Motorola V710 and the phone pairs well. However, there appear to be compatibility issues between bluetooth and the dealer installed Sirius radio.

Good luck. Just pair your Treo 650 like the book in your owner's manual says. It is not hard.

Quicksilver
05-30-2005, 02:34 AM

How does the Nextel i605 phone pair with bluetooth?

mgberry
05-31-2005, 12:42 PM
I just got a 2004 525i. I am still trying to figure out if I can have a bluetooth interface. The car came with a card that has a 'Bluetooth passkey' but when I scan for devices from my BB7100 phone I cant see anything. Does my car support this? and if so how do I set it up?

Thanks,
Matt

moonridur
05-31-2005, 02:04 PM
Hey all,

I have the BB 7520 and a new E90 325i. I can't for the life of me get this combo to work. The car sees the phone and the phone sees the car and they pair up but then nothing works. I am pulling what little hair I have left out.

Does anyone know how to make this work?

ANY help or ideas to try would be greatly appreciated.

JIM

I have a BB7290 and and 05 Z4 and experienced the same problem. I upgraded my BB with new code from Blackberry and it solved the problem. It won't sink the phonelist with the car but it will allow phone calls to be made and received using the car audio / mic.

Gerard998
06-04-2005, 08:22 AM
Hey guys,

We just got our E60 525d '05.
Our Nokia 6230 we bought this week works fine. ability to call , see the adress book/names).
The only thing that is a bit annoying is when you select a name you are only able call one number the first number of the contact
(ex. when you have home number and cell phone number stored of a contact you can only select the home number)
Does anyone know how to resolve this?
Also we'd like to know if there is an adapter available to put in the car?

Thx!

aloyouis
06-04-2005, 08:46 AM
I have a BB7290 and and 05 Z4 and experienced the same problem. I upgraded my BB with new code from Blackberry and it solved the problem. It won't sink the phonelist with the car but it will allow phone calls to be made and received using the car audio / mic.

Yep! That did it. The phone now pairs and works. No phone book but thats fine. The voice recognition works great. :D

I do have two issues: when using the phone, i get an echo on my voice only. not the other person, just me. Also, once a call is connected, I can no longer adjust the volume on the handset. It goes to about 40% and is locked there. I have tried setting the phone to always use 100% but it reverts back to 40% when a call connects thru the car. I wonder if I could get the volume on the phone to be higher if I could avoid some of the echo by turning the volume down on the car???? I currently have the car volume way up during calls. The volume is ok there ( I can hear th caller fine) but it is way up.

Thansk for any help everyone. And thanks to Moon for getting me working at all. :thumbup:

JIM

PS- BMW says that the BB devices WILL NOT WORK AT ALL WITH BMW CARS. Hah! :rofl: Funny.

Bertram65
06-05-2005, 07:08 PM

I have a I605 in a '06 750I, I am having problems getting it to work, any update on this? BMW says to get another service from Verizon.

dbansal
06-06-2005, 11:42 AM
Phone model: Nokia 6620
Car model: 530i

It works perfectly sending and receiving calls. The button on the steering wheel to dial home works fine too. I didnt even program that feature.

mychat
06-10-2005, 07:30 AM
Has anyone successfully gotten the SMS to work with their V551?
Everything else works with my phone except SMS. :(

MaxBuck
06-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Has anyone successfully gotten the SMS to work with their V551?
Everything else works with my phone except SMS. :(According to the owner's manual, SMS is not supported by BMW's Bluetooth implementation; only the BMW Model CPT9000 phone will provide SMS.

mychat
06-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the info.

Gerard998
06-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Can anyone confirm that it is not possible te view all the phone numbers that are stored for a contact? (You are only able to view the first number? )

Because this is pretty annoying when you have your whole contactlist arranged with outlook :(
(Nokia 6230)

ToledoBlueZ4
06-11-2005, 01:56 PM
How does the Nextel i605 phone pair with bluetooth?

I have the Bluetooth interface with my Z4. The dealer showed me the list of compatible phones, and it only had like 5 or 6 models, mostly Motorolas, which I don't like.

I don't understand this because it seems that all Bluetooth should be compatible. :dunno:

MaxBuck
06-13-2005, 07:58 PM
Can anyone confirm that it is not possible te view all the phone numbers that are stored for a contact? (You are only able to view the first number? )

Because this is pretty annoying when you have your whole contactlist arranged with outlook :(
(Nokia 6230)

Actually, the number of phone numbers that can be listed for a contact may depend on the software you use to transfer Outlook phone numbers to the cell phone. I use Verizon's Mobile Office (Dumb move on my part), and it allows me to store office, home, cell, and fax for any or all contacts in my Outlook pst file. All numbers stored in my cell phone automatically transfer via Bluetooth to my e60 (a May 05 build 545i with NAV and Sirius radio, US version). I then have the option of dialing different numbers for a given contact, directly using voice commands or I-drive.

autumnwalker
06-17-2005, 06:32 PM
I can't seem to pair my RAZR with my 2006 325i. I put the razr on find me and the nav says "please activate phone" and it jus sits there. It doesnt seem to find my razr, or maybe i'm doing it wrong and someone can tell me the right way to pair it.

LeMansX5
06-21-2005, 07:57 PM
I can't seem to pair my RAZR with my 2006 325i. I put the razr on find me and the nav says "please activate phone" and it jus sits there. It doesnt seem to find my razr, or maybe i'm doing it wrong and someone can tell me the right way to pair it.
Actually your RAZR is supposed to find the car. See instructions on X5world.com (http://www.x5world.com/articles.php?action=viewarticle&artid=16)and on the RAZR you follow these steps (http://www.x5world.com/showpost.php?p=12548&postcount=3)

milescortez
06-22-2005, 02:14 PM
I test drove and ordered a 530xi and the Palm Treo 650 worked with the bluetooth in the 2006 in about 30 seconds of setup.

MacHalfy
06-24-2005, 12:42 PM
I would ike to get a SX66, but not sure if it is compatible.

iDriveguy
06-28-2005, 05:00 PM
Good Lord! (He says with a humorous influxion)

Does no one search the forums to have these questions answered?

I probably have 10 threads here about BT compatibility - one only needs to do a search. I think I (along with about 100 others) have answered every possible question related to phones, pairing, hands-free, cradles (& instalation), service providers and weather diet coke tastes better.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of the "up tight" users who is annoyed by the post. I'm just trying to suggest ways to find the answers needed QUICKLY. :angel:

And, just to clarify;

While a small group of non-BMW listed phones may work in partial to 100% compatibility, the safest bet is to use a BMW 'recommended' phone. I use the Sony Ericcson T637 (not on the list but "T" models are) and it works FLAWLESSLY. Also use Treo 650 and it too integrates FLAWLESSLY with iDrive. Note: also use the BMW handset/cradle for T637 - a PERFECT match which allows me to keep the phone docked in car all the time.

If ANYONE would like info on BT compatibility please feel free to email me direct; allroadguy@sbcglobal.net

Cheers for now!

yamilrx
06-29-2005, 01:35 PM
After trying a couple of phones which were not on the compatible phone list, and working partially I finally got a razr v3 and it works great so far. It took a couple of days for my contacts to sync with the car. I also tried an audiovox smt 5600 smartphone but had no luck, it only worked sporadically and the contacts never migrated through to the car. If anyone has had any luck with this phone, please post your experience b/c this phone is awesome but I cannot get it to work.

yamilrx
06-29-2005, 01:49 PM

I got mine to work w/in 15minutes, I did have to try a couple of times but after a couple of days the contacts migrated to the car. At some point you have to put in a number on the car idrive and the phone will ask you for that number.

Chuckcan
06-30-2005, 02:45 PM
I have a 2005 5 Series and my Blackbery 7100 works for receiving calls though it does hang up on the current caller when another call comes in. The phone book does not work. I am just glad to get it partially working, it did not work when I received my car. I was told by BMW "lack of support" that it was my phone, it turned out that the receiver in the car was broken.

Chuckcan :thumbup:

aloyouis
06-30-2005, 08:04 PM
I have a 2005 5 Series and my Blackbery 7100 works for receiving calls though it does hang up on the current caller when another call comes in. The phone book does not work. I am just glad to get it partially working, it did not work when I received my car. I was told by BMW "lack of support" that it was my phone, it turned out that the receiver in the car was broken.

Chuckcan :thumbup:

Please update both the "desktop" software and the 7100's firmware to the highest levels on blackberry support site. I have heard from others that it will solve most issues (such as hanging up on prior calls). This update made the phone 96% for me (2006 E90/BB7520). The phone book will still not transfer but everything else should work fine.

My BMW service manager emailed me to tell me that RIM and BMW are know working on making the latest BB's "approved" at which point they should be 100%.

Chuckcan
07-03-2005, 08:32 AM
Please update both the "desktop" software and the 7100's firmware to the highest levels on blackberry support site. I have heard from others that it will solve most issues (such as hanging up on prior calls). This update made the phone 96% for me (2006 E90/BB7520). The phone book will still not transfer but everything else should work fine.

My BMW service manager emailed me to tell me that RIM and BMW are know working on making the latest BB's "approved" at which point they should be 100%.

I just updated my phone the other day and was hoping that this would solve some of my problems. I will let you know how it turns out when I get my car back from the shop. I got caught in a hail storm a few weeks ago.

Chuck

wedgehead98
07-04-2005, 04:29 PM
That would be great... I picked up my 05 545i on Saturday (July 2nd), paired my Verizon BB7250 easily, and can make calls no problem. Having the BB's fully approved would be icing on the cake!

John

CapeBimmer
07-09-2005, 08:33 PM
New problem since car was reprogrammed to 17.2.

I have a Motorola V551 that worked great with 13.X With the new software my address book does not transfer. Actually, some of it transfers - at random. Wierd.

All of my numbers in the phone are entered the same way? BMWNA said it will take up to an hour to transfer, it has now been about 5 hours with no change.

Anyone have suggestions? a. I have deleted the phone from the car and repaired it with no change. b. If I add a name and number to the phone it transfers. C. If I delete it on the phone, it deletes from the car list.

Is this a TCU problem?

Help.

JBD27
07-12-2005, 12:02 PM

Just got the phone and it works great

Phone model: Motorola E815 (Verizon Wireless)
Car model: 2005 530i

dutche60
07-15-2005, 08:51 AM
The Blackberry 7100t works with my E60, however, it will not upload the address book. so I got out my trusty ericson 610.

punkuk
07-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Is there a phone that Sprint offers that I can use in my new 530i the Sony 608 s no longer available. I see all the posts but will anything they have hook up.
Is there someone at Sprint to yell at?
I have signed the petition but I want a phone now maybe I should sell the car and keep Sprint.

mleuba
07-16-2005, 06:59 PM
Phone model: Blackberry 7250(Verizon Wireless)
Car model: 2006 525i

The voice command works, incoming and outgoing calling is fine. The address book sync does not work, I had to manually enter phone numbers I use frequently through the voice command method...To dial numbers in my BB, I find them and initiate dialing on the BB, but the bluetooth kicks in and the call is placed through the car system. The audio system automatically mutes to accomodate the call. Not perfect, but good. I am waiting for the address book sync, then I will be in great shape.

jwg
07-19-2005, 03:04 PM
I have a Palm Treo 650 (Verizon), and I want it to fully integrate with the car phone system. Currently, I can receive and place calls, but my phone book and voice recognition do not work.

Any suggestions on where I can find software patches?

Thanks

jwg

2005 545i
Sport Package
Winter Package
Premium Package
Manual Transmission
Nav
Premium Audio
Sirius

golfncpa
07-20-2005, 11:42 AM
I want to purchase a Samsumg i730 (Verizon) for my 2005 525i (no nav system) and I want it to fully integrate with the car phone system. Will this phone fully integrate with my BMW?

Thanks for any input.

Golfncpa

yamilrx
07-22-2005, 01:41 PM
I want to purchase a Samsumg i730 (Verizon) for my 2005 525i (no nav system) and I want it to fully integrate with the car phone system. Will this phone fully integrate with my BMW?

Thanks for any input.

Golfncpa

That is one sweet functional 3G phone that not too many people may own yet. I have an audiovox smt 5600 smartphone and I could not get it to work consistently. My address book does not migrate to the car and the bluetooth synchronization works when it wants to. i ended up also getting a razr V3 which works awesome and I end up using both phones. One for functionality and one for showoff. I plan on getting the i750 when it comes out, this is the GSM version of the one you have. :thumbup:

dahruj
07-22-2005, 10:43 PM
No way to make it work. After pairing, the car starts "reading data" and keeps doing it forever. I can not make or receive calls.

yamilrx
07-23-2005, 01:07 PM
No way to make it work. After pairing, the car starts "reading data" and keeps doing it forever. I can not make or receive calls.

I figured that would happen. The sad thing is that I went to my local dealer and they were so clueless about bluetooth. They tell me if the phone is not on the list it does not work. I have tried a phone not on the list and it does work. Bluetooth is a universal frequency that should be read by any bluetooth capable device. Oh well! :mad:

rbriber
07-28-2005, 08:35 PM
[?] ability to send/receive SMS

I have 2004 330i with the retrofit Bluetooth kit; it's the early ULF module part number: 84 21 6 934 552

Phone Motorola V710 Verizon service
firmware: 8700_01.30.8F

I can dial out with voice commands through the voice command module after training the module with names and phone numbers. Press the voice button on the steering wheel; "Add Number", say the name "NAME"; say the number "XXX-XXX-XXXX", "Store Number", etc.

I can recieve calls automatically, the phone connects to the system; turns off the radio and puts the call over the sound system.

No phonebook transfer.
Have not tried SMS (don't use it much, old fashioned kind of guy ;-)

I tried upgrading the V710 firmware to the SuperDave hacked version of 8700_01.40.0R (called 8700_1.02.SD) (see www.inetron.com if interested). But this just caused endless cycling of bluetooth connect/disconnect without being able to send or receive calls. Downgraded back to the original firmware (8700_01.30.8F) and still had the connect/disconnect cycle. "Oh God, I hosed my phone, I went from a working system to a broken one". On a whim I did a master reset on the phone and the bluetooth started working again, though still no phonebook transfer. Got me thinking (maybe you too?); should I go back to the new firmware and try a master reset and see if I can get the bluetooth working again? The new firmware has some other nice features. I tried it, but it didn't work even after doing a master reset and a master clear. So back to the original firmware again. Now at least I have a functioning system. No phonebook transfer but I can train the voice control system with 5-10 numbers, which is all I really need in the car on regular basis. I'm not sure why I want to transfer 100 numbers to my headunit anyway, I don't use most of them very often.

///MLover
08-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Hello,

I have used a Motorola V600 and Razor V3 there are a lot more phones that you can choose from here is the link http://www.bmwtransact.com/bmwassist/bluetooth_pdf.pdf

milescortez
08-15-2005, 08:14 AM
I've got my Treo 650 working well in a 2006 530XI. Her is what I did. I updated the palm software (ROM) and that worked to keep the connection from dropping intermittently which it was doing before. Regarding the address book---I have found that the number I put into the speed dial shortcuts under the green phone screen sync perfectly to the car. Which is actually probably preferable because I can get about 70 phone numbers into the iDrive which saves from scrolling through 100’s of numbers I will never call. Every time I get in the car now my phone is automatically recognized---basically it works flawlessly. Hope this can help someone. You can email directly if you have questions mcortez@aventinecp.com.

newbimmer
08-19-2005, 12:22 PM
First time post, just ordered 530XI last night, does anyone know if it will work with a Blackberry 7100g?

12vguy
08-20-2005, 08:10 AM
My Sprint Treo 650 does not work with my '05 545i. The address book doesn't interface. The handsfree aspect of it only works when you initiate a call or answer a call directly from the phone. I don't know if BMW needs to come out with a new software update and/or Palm needs to do a firmware update for the phone. The Treo 650 is an exellent device and I'm confident that resolution will come about soon. I'll keep you posted.

The Treo 650 will wok just fine. You ned the updated Bluetooth software available from Palm One. The address book will not transfer, but once you get updated software the phone will pair great with the car and any numbers on your five foavorites buttons in the phone interface will transfer to the address book in the car.

12VGUY

glenmal
08-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Pick up Eurodelivery 530xi & 330i. Have bought a Motorola Razor V3. Hope it works when I get to Europe. The BMW bluetooth web site http://www.bmwusa.com/NR/rdonlyres/65E4431A-0A6F-4AB0-AE7F-2C11F6AE30A0/0/Bluetooth_phones.pdf

Indicates it is compatible, but no charging cradle.

Check web site BMW is regularly updating it.

juventus
08-22-2005, 08:26 PM
I don't know if I'm dumb or what. I have a 2006 525i and I've just bought a Razr V3. It does not seem to sync. And the password-where in the world do I find that? And in case I do get a password how do I enter it in the idrive?

BillKach
08-22-2005, 09:07 PM
I don't know if I'm dumb or what. I have a 2006 525i and I've just bought a Razr V3. It does not seem to sync. And the password-where in the world do I find that? And in case I do get a password how do I enter it in the idrive?

When I paired by Motorola V600 with my 645, I had to make up my own passcode in the pairing process. The instructions are on here somewhere but the basic idea is: turn on bluetooth on the phone, go to the bluetooth setup screen in I-Drive, tell the phone to search, follow instructions on the screen (make up your own passcode when prompted, then enter the same passcode on the other device).

stiffy1
08-26-2005, 07:01 AM
Phone model: Motorola Razr V3
Car model: 2006 525i
[ Y] ability to make/receive calls
[ Y] phone book automatically synches to car
[ Y] dial by name (without verbal training of system) WITH verbal training
[ Y] calling name display (using adddress book)
[ ] ability to send/receive SMS - Haven't tried

Piece of cake. Got the BMW VIP program phone, and the dealer synched them for me, though it was a very easy process. Works like a charm...but...you really should use the car charger since the bluetooth connection drains the battery. Overall...9.5 out of 10!

3Puttr
08-26-2005, 08:18 PM
I tried pairing a Samsung i730 with my 2006 530xi w/nav. It would sync for about 1 minute and then disconnect. My IT guy did some research and says that the Microsoft OS PDAs will not play well with the BMW Bluetooth systems.

drlaw2@optonlin
08-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Has anyone got any experience with pairing the Audiovox wv6600woc with a 2005 x5?

Thanks.

Spy021
08-30-2005, 09:41 PM

Just got the phone and it works great

Phone model: Motorola E815 (Verizon Wireless)

Glad to hear that there is success in pairing this phone. I have a 2005 330ci and have considered waiting for nextel to release the i870. However, it seems that the bluetooth functionality is a bit fickle and the E815 looks like a great phone. Guess it's time to switch...

gmanDC
09-09-2005, 06:27 AM

Your dealer (just like mine) failed to give you the basic instruction and info needed. There supposed to be a "credit card" with the passkey in your Owner's manual binder. I didn't get one either. I've noticed an unforunate lack in knowledge base at the dealer level. You can see that in the various posts on this forum

But you can still do it on your own. Activate the bluetooth in i-Drive. On the V3 set the phone to search. The phone will find a bluetooth connection with a name that will display on your phone screen: i.e. BMW12345. Your passkey (when prompted to enter) is the numbers that follow BMW. The passkey is entered on the V3 not the i-Drive. Enter that and you're done. Depending on the number of entries in your address book, this may take several minutes to sync the first time so be patient. With the exception of SMS, you should have full functionality with the V3.

aloyouis
09-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Yep! That did it. The phone now pairs and works. No phone book but thats fine. The voice recognition works great. :D

I do have two issues: when using the phone, i get an echo on my voice only. not the other person, just me. Also, once a call is connected, I can no longer adjust the volume on the handset. It goes to about 40% and is locked there. I have tried setting the phone to always use 100% but it reverts back to 40% when a call connects thru the car. I wonder if I could get the volume on the phone to be higher if I could avoid some of the echo by turning the volume down on the car???? I currently have the car volume way up during calls. The volume is ok there ( I can hear th caller fine) but it is way up.

Thansk for any help everyone. And thanks to Moon for getting me working at all. :thumbup:

JIM

PS- BMW says that the BB devices WILL NOT WORK AT ALL WITH BMW CARS. Hah! :rofl: Funny.

Well two of the last three minor issue are solved. After updating the handhelds software again, the issue of echo and the issue of volume are now gone!

JIM

Me530
09-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Your dealer (just like mine) failed to give you the basic instruction and info needed. There supposed to be a "credit card" with the passkey in your Owner's manual binder. I didn't get one either. I've noticed an unforunate lack in knowledge base at the dealer level. You can see that in the various posts on this forum

But you can still do it on your own. Activate the bluetooth in i-Drive. On the V3 set the phone to search. The phone will find a bluetooth connection with a name that will display on your phone screen: i.e. BMW12345. Your passkey (when prompted to enter) is the numbers that follow BMW. The passkey is entered on the V3 not the i-Drive. Enter that and you're done. Depending on the number of entries in your address book, this may take several minutes to sync the first time so be patient. With the exception of SMS, you should have full functionality with the V3.

This is interesting. On my E60, I choose whatever I want for the passkey on iDrive, and then enter the same passkey into the phone. Maybe we have different software versions...

jamesdowsett
10-04-2005, 03:42 PM
this is so weird i have a razr v3 works great no messages but with phone book and i have a nokia 6230 which shows messages but no phone book what phone is completely compatible i dont want to have to buy loads of phones to see if it works any help would be great

glenmal
10-09-2005, 03:39 PM
:thumbup: http://www.bmwtransact.com/bluetooth/Compatible_Phones.htm

tx92627
10-24-2005, 09:52 PM
I was able to get mine to work with new 550i. Can receive and send calls.
Haven't tried to access phone books/contacts.

c230mike
10-28-2005, 09:34 AM
Phone model: Motorola E815
[ Y/N Voice Command doesn't like the sound of my voice. My salesman was able to do it (with a German accent) but my voice always gets the "Please repeat" ] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[ Have not tried] ability to send/receive SMS

Spartacus_33
10-31-2005, 12:18 PM
Anyone know why BMW doesn't have any Samsung phones on their "Compatible" list? :dunno:

Has anyone tried the new Samsung SCH-A950? By "trying" ... I mean in your bimmer. :D

Spartacus_33
10-31-2005, 12:22 PM
Phone model: Motorola E815
[ Y/N Voice Command doesn't like the sound of my voice. My salesman was able to do it (with a German accent) but my voice always gets the "Please repeat" ] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[ Have not tried] ability to send/receive SMS
c230mike... how do you like the e815? Looks/feels a bit large to me. I have Verizon, and my (BT) choices are very limited. I qualify for upgrading in a couple months..... just doing a little research up front. :D

aloyouis
10-31-2005, 03:25 PM
BTW- My BB7520 works flawlessly with my B7 2.0T quattro.

WHy is BMW behind?????

CSDS
11-16-2005, 11:40 AM
If you part take in the on-demand world, the Razr V3 is the way to go. It's a multimedia Bluetooth command center, the size of a credit card. It integrates flawlessly with most any Bluetooth device, your car, PDA, Laptop, Desktop, et al. With a simple module, you can virtually set the security system, and view the security cameras in your home from an island off the coast of Spain, several thousand miles from home...in real time.
One point I hate about the Razr is that there's no way to attach an external antenna to it.
So BT and the higher power demand will suck it dry within no time :(

Very stylish phone but no phone for extensive in car use (hooking it up to a charger defeats the purpose of having BT doesn't it?)

Phone model: Razr v3 black
Car model: 01/2003 325ti

mtang64
11-20-2005, 01:09 PM
I have a 530i 2005 and my Treo 650 works great. It links up immediately upon start of the car (I don't have to do anything) and it brings down my favoriate list into the BMW. I have my service with Sprint.

Mike

2005 530i - Headsup, Navigation, Sport, Premium, SMG

deepman
11-23-2005, 09:23 PM
Has anyone used Verizon's Treo 650 Bluetooth function fully in the E60? I see multiple references to Sprint's version being used. The "official list" only clearly approves Sprint's version, not Verizon's. :dunno:

RCNet
12-03-2005, 03:41 PM
I've got a 530xiT on order and it's not due to arrive until March. I was wanting to get my wife something for her new BMW for Christmas and thought a compatible Bluetooth phone would be a good idea. The BMW "approved" list of phones on their website is short and mostly out of date.

Has anyone tried pairing their BMW to a Sony Ericsson Z520 (from Cingular)?

Thanks,
RCNet

Me530
12-03-2005, 04:02 PM
I've got a 530xiT on order and it's not due to arrive until March. I was wanting to get my wife something for her new BMW for Christmas and thought a compatible Bluetooth phone would be a good idea. The BMW "approved" list of phones on their website is short and mostly out of date.

Thanks,
RCNetHaven't tried that phone, but its possible that it will work, SE phones have a farily decent bluetooth implementation. The Motorola RAZR phone works, my V600 and Treo 650 also work (all Cingular).

aggiedriver
12-20-2005, 07:37 AM
Has anyone used Verizon's Treo 650 Bluetooth function fully in the E60? I see multiple references to Sprint's version being used. The "official list" only clearly approves Sprint's version, not Verizon's. :dunno:

I got it to work after upgrading phone software and removing any "extra digits" from my phone #s stored in favorites. It works fine.

KickinA
12-20-2005, 09:31 AM
So my Audiovox SMT 5600 with Windows Mobile 5 build 14847.2 works perfectly with the Bluetooth system in my 06 530i. All my contacts where uploaded into my 530i without a hitch, and I was able to make and receive calls without a problem.

This particular build of Windows Mobile 5 has bluetooth profiles for BMW and Acura specifically, so I had to see if it would work in my car. I can report that it works flawlessly.

Its likely that any Smartphone with this build of Windows Mobile 5 will work fine with BMW Bluetooth systems.

Houston 550i
12-22-2005, 01:41 PM
Phone model: Nextel i870
Car model: 06 550i

Can call by verbal number, not name. No address book synch.

bah2
12-23-2005, 09:01 AM
Phone model: Treo 650 - Cingular
Car model: 2006 530xiT
[x ] ability to make/receive calls - dialing initiated - but is inaudible because of static
[x] phone book automatically synches to car - only "favorites" appear not full contact list
[x ] calling name display (using adddress book)

gold233790
12-23-2005, 09:06 AM
I have the new Blackberry 8700c from Cingular, and it has full functionality. As good as my Razr and V551.

Call using voice options, address book full transfer (though can be slow if you have tons of entries), full I-drive display and functions.

Big Pete
12-23-2005, 12:27 PM
Gold,
What version of the BB software do you have? My BB will utilize the IDrive for making and receiving calls but no Caller ID display and no voice calling capability. Thanks

kinesis
12-23-2005, 01:11 PM
How compartible is the Sony Ericsson W600. Anybody have any experience with this phone? Thanks

ekcom1
12-23-2005, 06:07 PM
I have a 530i 2005 and my Treo 650 works great. It links up immediately upon start of the car (I don't have to do anything) and it brings down my favoriate list into the BMW. I have my service with Sprint.

Mike

2005 530i - Headsup, Navigation, Sport, Premium, SMG

Mike,

I am thinking about getting a treo for my 05 545 and I have sprint also. do i have to upload any software to complete the sync or buy an adapter to use the hands free option and simultaneousely charge the phone?

Can you briefly walk me through how to sync the bt to the phone? the sprint rep and bmw dealer are good for nothing in helping me.

Thanks,

Erik

ADG
12-24-2005, 02:19 PM
I have 04 e60 and after months of trial and error found the motorola v210 worked with my bluetooth kit and just bought a new motorola razor and it works perfectly also. I have Verizon wireless.

shiraishis
12-31-2005, 01:41 PM
I have a new 2006 325I, for some reason my v3 razor does not work with my system. I have I drive, and when in the communications menu I initialize the phone option but my phone does not show up any where. Do I need a software update?

HELP!!!

BMWALLY
01-07-2006, 12:26 AM
I have the Verizon Razr V3, and it works great with the Post Sept. e90 330i, but I have B/T and BMW assist. You have to go to Communications menu in the iDrive, to activate the bluetooth capability, then go to settings and it will have a message saying "Bluetooth connectible in this menu" and stay there, go to your phone and go to "Settings/Tools" then "Connections" then "Bluetooth" then "Setup" make sure your bluetooth power is on, then select "Find me". Some magical thing happens and the iDrive menu will show "External device requesting access" and then you add device. Create a passkey, confirm it, go back to your razr and enter that passkey, and voila! (All this is in the manual, but you have to do it in a certain order or the pairing doesn't happen).

Here's the neat part. You can yak on the phone while your driving. Park, press the start/stop button twice, and the B/T still works, tell friend to hold on, you get out of the car, lock it, walk away (a little delay), the phone will say "bluetooth signal weak, use handset" and press "yes" and you go back to using the handset. Vice versa, you are on the phone, go to car, unlock car, get in, start/turn on car, the bluetooth will connect to your car (again there is a slight delay), but the bluetooth power must be "on" for both car and phone.

Last but not least, family member just got the Verizon Treo 700w and so far, we B/T it to my e90, also works!! Just the basic stuff, make/receive, 411, voicemail, cant surf the web, oh well, can't have it all, can we?

So far, my phone, you can DIAL BY NUMBER, DIAL BY NAME, ENTIRE PHONEBOOK SYNCS TO CAR so it shows "Calling John Doe" or "John Doe calling" - "Accept/Reject Call", MAKE/RECEIVE CALLS. Heck, call waiting even works, just have to use the actual phone. Anyone try 3-way calling?

Hope this helps, sorry if it's such a long thread, heh...

Rick545i
01-08-2006, 01:55 PM
[----------------------------------------------[/QUOTE]
I have a Sony Ericsson T637 and it works fairly well. The only issue I had was that my 300 entry phonebook would not sync with the bmw. Everyone at BMW support and service said it was just not going to work. I went back to my sales guy who put me in touch with a consultant that had a solution. Which was to leave the car on or the key in position "2" for about 2 hours so all of my contacts would have time to transfer. It worked.

X] ability to make/receive calls

Rick 05 545i

mdreviews
01-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Phone model: Treo 650 Unlocked Cingular GSM on T-mobile network (Treo650-1.17-CNG)
Car model: 2006 530i (Sept 05 production)
[X] ability to make/receive calls - volume is a little low
[X] phone book automatically synches to car - yes but 20 of my speed dials (favorites) only
[X] dial by name (without verbal training of system) - yes on simple names
[X] calling name display (using address book)
[ ] ability to send/receive SMS - haven't tried

Rich Douglas
01-08-2006, 10:00 PM
How about the Motorola V551? received a totally compatible rating for bluetooth

My V551 worked flawlessly. I switched to a RAZR and can't get it to synch. Sigh....

plasmadude
01-10-2006, 12:00 AM
I have a 2006 BMW 525xi.

I used to have a Blackberry 7250 (verizon). I was able to easily connect my blackberry and the BWM without any problem.

I just got the new Treo 700W. I can easily pair my Treo700W to the BMW but after a few minutes I lose the bluetooth connection. this never happened with the Blackberry. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

yamilrx
01-11-2006, 08:06 PM
I have a 2006 BMW 525xi.

I used to have a Blackberry 7250 (verizon). I was able to easily connect my blackberry and the BWM without any problem.

I just got the new Treo 700W. I can easily pair my Treo700W to the BMW but after a few minutes I lose the bluetooth connection. this never happened with the Blackberry. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

The same thing happens with my audiovox smt 5600 smartphone. The car recognizes the phone initially but I loose connection after a few minutes. I think all these new devices are too sophisticated for the outdated BMW bluetooth sofware. That treo just came out yesterday, cool phone. My old razor worked well, everything sync. including my phonebook. he new razr I now also use does not sync. my contacts but I can make and receive phone calls using the car dial system or the phone itself..

Schneur
01-11-2006, 10:51 PM
CINGULAR BLACKBERRY 8700c WORKS ALL FEATURES (HAVE NOT TRIED SMS?)

Todd7277
01-15-2006, 05:15 PM
I was told by Westchester BMW that the Blackberry 8700c will not work w. the BMW Bluetooth system. I just order a 2006 530xi. Sounds like a few people have seen it work. I'm confused. Do i need to do anything special to get the 8700c to work? Thanks!

sleeperz321
01-16-2006, 10:05 AM
my car is being built next month so i would assume it would have the most up to date software.

Will the new blackberry 8700c work with the car (address book and all)?

pclasson
01-16-2006, 06:33 PM
Using a Verizon Wireless Treo650 (software upgrade 1.04) and have successfully paired it with the Bluetooth in my 2006 525xi. While it does not show the entire phonebook, it will display numbers stored in the Favorites list. One interesting tip is to NOT use the extra digits auto-dial feature (e.g., for voicemail systems). For whatever reason when I stored a number like this, the Bluetooth would not connect and it sent the phone into an endless restart loop.

Spartacus_33
01-24-2006, 06:58 AM
Has anyone tried one of the new Samsung or LG bluetooth phones (in their cars)?

ezracerx
01-24-2006, 07:17 PM
I tried a Samsung A900 because I wanted to go with Sprint and didn't want a bulky Blackberry. There just aren't many choices available through Sprint. I had many strange problems. I could dial out but couldn't recieve. When the phone rang if you selected 'Accept' it would disconnect. Solved that by setting up auto answer. I also would get phantom calls. Phone would ring but there was nobody calling. Phonebook did synch but the system was unusable.

:dunno:

Gave it all back and got a Motorola e815 through Verizon. Works great.

:)

Big Pete
01-24-2006, 07:40 PM

Phone model: Cingular Blackberry 7290
Car model:
----------------------------------------------[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that version 4.1 will fully enable a Blackberry 7290 with BMW BT and I-Drive. At Last!!

I was using version 4.0.2 and this enabled the handsfree function so incoming and outgoing calls would be routed through the car audio and I-Drive. However, caller ID and address book would not transfer

I downloaded version 4.1 from Cingular and installed yesterday and works great. The same incoming and outgoing calling capability but now the caller ID works and, most importantly, the complete address book syncs over to the I-Drive.

Upon first connection, my address book with over 100 contacts, nearly all with multiple phone numbers, synced up and were visible within 1 minute. Address names are listed in ascending last name order with suffixes for the type of number (phone, mobile, work, home). Note this suffix is not shown if only one number exists for a contact.

At this point, the only feature lacking with this setup, compared with my Moto V600, is voice calling. But I can live without that now that the BB is high-functioning. I can only hope that this enhancement is the result of BMW listening to its owners and not mere happpenstance.

Vineet
01-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Hi! I'm new here so I thought I would start by contributing!

There are lots of issues with a variety of blue tooth capable cellular phones and BMWs iDrive system. In my 545i, for example, I had a very difficult time pairing with my Nokia 6630 as well as my Sony Ericsson T60. I would not be able to view phone #s on the iDrive and Caller IDs would not be displayed when incoming calls would come in.

Enter the new Razr and everything works great! I even got my cousins Motorola over and tried and, sure enough, there is seamless integration with all functions including address book, redial, caller ID functionality. I have not received many SMS messages while driving so I will have to get back to you on that one!

Bottom lines, I think it's a manufacturer related deal. Motorola handsets work well. With others, you are pretty much on your own.

Make sure you get the latest software updates for your iDrive. This has made differences to many individuals who had issues with their cellulars initially.

I hope this helps....

Phone model:
Car model:

540i in OZ
01-28-2006, 03:06 PM
Having read about many members success with the original Moto Razr, we are considering buying the new Razr V3x (3G + 2MP camera) to pair with our 540i (on order in Australia). As this phone is not based on the original Razr we were wondering if anyone had any compatibility experiences. Also, does it require a different cradle from the Razr V3?:dunno:

asad_wosaibi
01-31-2006, 05:15 AM
Hi there,
are all the bluetooth in the BMWs the same?
I mean, if bluetooth worked on 7series sedan, will it work with 5 series?

Thank you.

Spartacus_33
01-31-2006, 08:01 AM
Having read about many members success with the original Moto Razr, we are considering buying the new Razr V3x (3G + 2MP camera) to pair with our 540i (on order in Australia). As this phone is not based on the original Razr we were wondering if anyone had any compatibility experiences. Also, does it require a different cradle from the Razr V3?:dunno:
As far as I know... a "cradle" is NOT AVAILABLE for the RAZR.

Phone model: Verizon RAZR V3c
[??] ability to send/receive SMS

2002 tii
02-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Phone model: Motorola v551
Car model: 530xiT Nov build
[x ] ability to make/receive calls
[x ] dial by name (with verbal training of system)
[ ?] ability to send/receive SMS
easy link easy to use

Phone model: Treo 650
Car model: 530xiT Nov build
[x ] ability to make/receive calls - but loud hum obscures everything
[x ] phone book automatically synches to car only favorites, not contacts
[?] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[? ] ability to send/receive SMS

yamilrx
02-05-2006, 12:39 PM

I can tell you that the original razor worked great(CONTACTS SYNC.) with my car but the new razr v3x the one with a 1mp camera only allows you to receive calls or dial calls from the phone but it does not sync. your contacts. It seems the newer models have software that the car does not support 100%. I am having the same issues now with the motorola sliver 7, the contacts won't sync. Also, I do not believe the razr line of phones bring a cradle, just a usb connector.

Spartacus_33
02-06-2006, 08:13 AM
I can tell you it does not sync. your contacts. It seems the newer models have software that the car does not support 100%. I am having the same issues now with the motorola sliver 7, the contacts won't sync. Also, I do not believe the razr line of phones bring a cradle, just a usb connector.

As mentioned earlier,
I have the RAZR V3c from Verizon and my contacts synced perfectly........... :dunno:

The Goose
02-06-2006, 09:03 AM
my car is being built next month so i would assume it would have the most up to date software.

Will the new blackberry 8700c work with the car (address book and all)?

I picked up my 530xi on Saturday (Feb 4, 2006), and my Blackberry 8700c worked without any difficulty (it took a few minutes to load up my address book). Incoming/Outgoing calls were easy to make.

The Goose
02-06-2006, 09:09 AM
I was told by Westchester BMW that the Blackberry 8700c will not work w. the BMW Bluetooth system. I just order a 2006 530xi. Sounds like a few people have seen it work. I'm confused. Do i need to do anything special to get the 8700c to work? Thanks!

As I stated in another reply, my Cingular Blackberry 8700c worked out of the box with my new 530xi.

JST
02-06-2006, 09:24 AM
Forgive me if this is already covered, but I tried a Nokia 6256i, and the BT did NOT work with the BMW setup. The phonebook would not transfer, the steering wheel button would not answer calls, and even when the phone was answered manually, the speaker in the car did not pick up the call.

The phone did indicate that it was paired, but none of the other functions worked.

FYI, the Nokia also did NOT work in my Audi A4, which also has BT from the factory. There, at least, the speaker worked, and the steering wheel button picked up the call, but none of the phone numbers transferred.

My Motorola V710 works perfectly in both cars.

rkutner
02-06-2006, 01:08 PM
Hi all,

My Motorola RAZR often turns off it Bluetooth setting, so my 325i won't find it. Is anyone else seeing this? Tthis is the only Cingular phone on the BMW list, so if it won't work, does that mean you can't be a Cingular customer and use Bluetooth w/ BMW?

dclarke
02-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Just got my RAZR today.

It works great with the BMW.
Did you have to activate anything on your BMW or RAZR phone to get it to pair up?

xspeedy
02-07-2006, 06:02 AM
IIRC, on the RAZR, you can temporarily power up BT to pair. But what you really need to do is turn it on permanently. Go into the menu and make sure BT is powered on.

Also, make sure you add the car as a hands free or headset.

vallartabmr
02-07-2006, 04:18 PM
MOTOROLA'S RAZR V3 WORKS FINE... SEEMS TO BE FULLY COMPATIBLE...ONLY THING I'VE NOTICED IS THE CALL TIMER KEEP RUNNING AFTER I'VE HUNG UP (AS IF i WAS STILL ON THAT CALL)... I'VE HAD TO RESORT TO PHYSICALLY PRESSING THE "END" KEY ON MY CELL TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.... OTHER THAN THAT, ALL'S FINE:thumbup:

akmpres
02-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Unable to get the MPX220 to show address book, The phone works great, but it does not show who I am talking to when I dial out or when I get calls, it does not show the address book as well, I have a 06 530xi

SantaBimmer
02-12-2006, 02:09 PM

Phone model:
Car model:

Well, not my first choice but the most important of the list. Nokia 6600 makes/receives calls beautifully. Auto answer setting on the phone picks up the call after 2 rings, my choice. Callers are impressed with the sound quality -- as am I. All in all, no complaints!!!!!! :thumbup:

s1m1s1
02-12-2006, 08:17 PM
I have a SonyEriccson W600i and it works perfectly! Now can you help me the the voice command?:)

2006 530xi

NRG
02-15-2006, 01:42 PM
anybody know if the MOTO SLVER will work find with the e60?

its gonna be cingular

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_slvr_l7-pictures-1053.php

NRG
02-15-2006, 01:43 PM
http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_slvr_l7-1053.php

here is a better link

cnj31
02-16-2006, 06:21 PM
530xiT

Sony Ericsson P910:

Sony Ericsson S710a:

spartacus79
02-19-2006, 12:57 PM
Phone model: Nokia N70 :bigpimp:
Car model:

Quickly connect and gorgeus sound, but no phonebook neither sms BT compatibility.:eek:

xspeedy
02-19-2006, 01:51 PM
anybody know if the MOTO SLVER will work find with the e60?

its gonna be cingular

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_slvr_l7-pictures-1053.php

I ordered an unlocked one on eBay to use with Cingular Blue (Former ATTWS). I'll let you know as soon as I get it.

Since it is basically a RAZR candybar, it should work just as well.

HGSquire3
02-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Hello! I am new to this forum but have seen a great deal of info on the BMW implemented bluetooth, maybe someone knows if the memory storing bluetooth paired mobiles can be cleared, or if it is a dealer process only.

I had previously tried to pair the following mobile, not supported and barely worked at all, except that the BMW BT module did recognize the phone and it sporadically receive calls. The next time I tried to pair a phone it was a newer WM5 PPC phone. Again not supported but worked, address book and all, then oddly would the BMW module would only occasionaly discover the phone. I had to hard reset my phone, for another reason, then tried to pair again, this tiem it paired but the BMW module nvr connects. I read that it can store up to 4 diff phones and I'm thinking it might have hit that threshold. I'm wondering if they can be deleted or may not show on the deisplay but still exist in the the BT module. Also, has there been any updates to the BT firmware? (guess I could ask the dealer, just curious if anyone here knows)

Phone model: Moto Mpx 220
Car model: 2006 325i
[ X] ability to make/receive calls (only worked on incoming and then it was pretty bad and disconnected sporadically)

Phone model: Cingular 8125
Car model: 2006 325i
[ X] ability to make/receive calls
[ X] phone book automatically synches to car
[ ] dial by name (without verbal training of system) (didn't try this, was just floored by how well it worked otherwise and of course the sporadic BT finding my phone, once it did find it, the system worked like a dream)
[ X] calling name display (using adddress book)
[ ] ability to send/receive SMS ((same as the voice dial, didn't get a chance to try it)

-HGSquire

JSpira
02-19-2006, 07:49 PM
530xiT

Sony Ericsson S710a:

Are you sure the dial by name doesn´t work? It works perfectly for me in my E90 and the E60 and E90 use the same software to run telematics.

yamilrx
02-20-2006, 08:05 PM
I have an unlocked version of the motorola slvr that I use with T-mobile and it does not show phone book or incoming calls. You have to dial from the phone since the phonebook does not sync. You are able to answer calls though the car though.

JSpira
02-20-2006, 08:08 PM
I have an unlocked version that I use with T-mobile and it does not show phone book or incoming calls. You have to dial from the phone since the phonebook does not sync. You are able to answer calls though the car though.
That is very odd since the necessary Bluetooth Profiles are there.

What version is your car's sw?

One of the nice things about how the S710a works in conjunction with the BMW system is that it displays location after the name so you see Joe (H) and Joe (W) etc.

yamilrx
02-20-2006, 08:08 PM
You should be able to clear them. Just highlight the phone you don't want and hit the I-drive knob and it will ask: delete(yes/no). Sorry, I am trying to respond to question on deleting phones from bluetooth.

yamilrx
02-20-2006, 08:19 PM
I ordered an unlocked one on eBay to use with Cingular Blue (Former ATTWS). I'll let you know as soon as I get it.

Since it is basically a RAZR candybar, it should work just as well.

As I posted before, my slvr did not sync the contacts or show name on received calls, just the number. I had an old razr and it worked great, then I got the newer version with a 1mp camera I think it is the rzr v3i and I had the same issues as I am having with the Motorola slvr. All I can do is receive and make calls, and dial them from the phone. Just got the T-mobile SDA wm5.0 smartphone and I was able to synchronize it in a flash and everything sync. and really fast. The question is will it continue to work and not disconnect as it happened with my audiovox smt 5600 wm3. Yes, I do change phones often. I may not get to test the SDA more than a day since I may switch to the T-mobile MDA pocket pc which gets released tomorrow. :dunno:

xspeedy
02-20-2006, 08:37 PM
As I posted before, my slvr did not sync the contacts or show name on received calls, just the number.

Someone on e90post said they were able to get the SLVR to work, so we'll see what happens. I'll be annoyed if it doesn't fully integrate.

yamilrx
02-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Someone on e90post said they were able to get the SLVR to work, so we'll see what happens. I'll be annoyed if it doesn't fully integrate.

Hopefully you have better luck than me because it sure is cool when the contacts sync. and you have full functionality of the bluetooth features.

HGSquire3
02-21-2006, 05:02 AM
You should be able to clear them. Just highlight the phone you don't want and hit the I-drive knob and it will ask: delete(yes/no). Sorry, I am trying to respond to question on deleting phones from bluetooth.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I can delete 1 paired profile, it was the last one I paired, but oddly the ones paired previously do not show up (or I do not know how to scroll the list to find them). I know I paired the mpx 220 and it doesn't show, and the cingular 8125 before I had to hard reset it, that's when it stopped showing paired and I had to re-pair it.

Too bad this doesnt' work as cleanly as it could. I understand that a lot of com interfaces like BT aren't implemented the same by each manufacturer, but generally BT devices seem to be fairly universal in design to other BT devices. The only thing I hold against bmw is it is a stretch to just label this BT capable, seems to imply that any BT phone will work, yet once you get home that's when you find out that it's a very short list of compatible devices. ......or maybe I should've not assumed that BT enabled meant any BT phone, and asked the dealer what works and what doesn't......:D

-HG

xspeedy
02-21-2006, 06:00 AM
Hopefully you have better luck than me because it sure is cool when the contacts sync. and you have full functionality of the bluetooth features.

I have full functionality with my old SE T637. It works very well and breaks down each contact with a tag for (H), (W), or (M) to indicate what number is what.

It could be an issue with the flash version. Perhaps the Cingular flash works well, but the "unlocked" one does not? I'll experiment with the phone. If nothing works, I can always do one of those "Amex" returns or give the phone to my wife.

I really don't want to go to an old RAZR. I don't like the buzzing that comes from the earpiece on many of them.

yamilrx
02-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Phone model: T-mobile MDA windows mobile 5 pocket PC phone

Have not tried the dial by name, calling name display, send/receive SMS. The rest works great. You even get names on the address book from the pocket PC and not just sim contacts, something my audiovox smt 5600 WM3 smartphone failed to do. Not to mention I kept getting disconnected with the audiovox.

Bart001
02-24-2006, 05:25 AM
People ask about this occassionally. Well, with the upgrade of my 2005 545i to the ver. 20 software, the 7290 now can make and receive calls. Note, my 7290 is still running ver. 3.x of the Blackberry software. Others have reported that upgrading the 7290 to ver. 4.x also provides compatibility with BMW's.

Phone model: Blackberry 7290

zepher
02-26-2006, 05:48 AM
Hi guys, im the proud owner of a brand new
520 sedan corporate. :)
The car is a dream!
My phone worked like a charm after i upgraded
the firmware at a local Nokia service point.

Phone model: Nokia 6230 (upgraded firmware 6.50)
Car model: 520 Sedan corporate (2/2006)

wagonman
02-26-2006, 10:36 AM
pushes the LG phones. i have had one for a couple of years and really like it. i am up for a new phone. do any of these LG phones work with teh bluetooth? ie, i know you can make/receive calls but will the phonebook section work? as well? any advice appreciated.

Rick545i
02-27-2006, 10:28 AM
Yam,
Have you tried to leave your car on or the key in the 2 position for about an hour to give the car and the phone time to sync? It worked for me.

xspeedy
02-28-2006, 06:35 AM
Just bought a euro spec SLVR L7 (unlocked off eBay), and it seems to work as well as my old T637 upon the initial test.

wagonman
02-28-2006, 10:09 AM
pushes the LG phones. i have had one for a couple of years and really like it. i am up for a new phone. do any of these LG phones work with teh bluetooth? ie, i know you can make/receive calls but will the phonebook section work? as well? any advice appreciated.
anybody? LG phones? do they work with bluetooth?? thanks.

choo.choo
02-28-2006, 07:49 PM
Phone model: Cingular 2125 smartphone, WM2005
Car model: 530xiT
[haven't tried yet] ability to send/receive SMS

yamilrx
02-28-2006, 08:04 PM
Yam,
Have you tried to leave your car on or the key in the 2 position for about an hour to give the car and the phone time to sync? It worked for me.

No I have not but my latest phone(T-mobile MDA) works soooooooo good that I'd hate to mess with it. Maybe when I swap phones back to my motorola slvr l7 I can try that. I would also be scared to drain the car's battery by leaving the key on position 2 so long.

Ozzie
03-01-2006, 11:48 PM
I borrowed a friend's new O2 Xda Atom to try in my 530. I only did a quick test, but it paired up no trouble, downloaded the address book into the car and I made a call. I didn't have time to do a thorough test, e.g. it may drop out or have some other intermittent problems - has anyone else had any experience with this PDA?

Phone model: O2 Xda Atom
Car model: 2005 530i (Australia)
[y] ability to make/receive calls
[y] phone book automatically synches to car
[?] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[?] calling name display (using adddress book)

Rick545i
03-03-2006, 09:52 AM
Yam,
If you are worried about your battery just go for a long drive and that will let your phone sync with the car.

dahruj
03-03-2006, 04:05 PM
Phone model: T-Mobile SDA smartphone, WM2005
Car model: 2006 750Li

montever
03-04-2006, 01:32 PM
Hi RCNet....

Just wanted to report that even though the Sony Ericsson Z520 is not on BMW's list, I successfuly paired it (do it from the Tools/Bluetooth/Handheld option in the phone, as opposed ot the "Add Bluetooth Device" option.

I haven't tried all the features yet, but I was able to see my address book listings, make a call via the car microphone/speaker system. It's very cool.

John

Thanks,
RCNet

eddieb3
03-07-2006, 11:44 AM

Phone model: Cingular Blackberry 7290
Car model:

I can confirm that version 4.1 will fully enable a Blackberry 7290 with BMW BT and I-Drive. At Last!!

Upon first connection, my address book with over 100 contacts, nearly all with multiple phone numbers, synced up and were visible within 1 minute. Address names are listed in ascending last name order with suffixes for the type of number (phone, mobile, work, home). Note this suffix is not shown if only one number exists for a contact.[/QUOTE]

I have a Motorola e815 and everything works great except if I have multiple phone #s for the same contact, it lists them all individually in the iDrive, but it doesn't define which are which. It says in the post above that there are suffixes that show the type of number. I'm wondering if there is something I need to do to activate these suffixes or maybe it has something to do with the Blackberry?? Anybody else have these suffixes show up and, if so, does anyone know what triggers them to show? Thanks.

trikerider
03-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Loved my Razr V3 but I needed a better email and calendar option. Looked like a PDA/Phone combo was the way to go.

Tried out a few different options from Cingular before arriving at the Cingular 8125. Pairs perfectly with my 330i. Everything seems to work fine.

Cingual PDA/Phone combos I tried that do not work include:

HP ipaq hw6515 (ick)
Seimens sx66 (this thing is awesome otherwise though a tad big and heavy)
Treo 650 (yawn)
Blackberry 7100 (wasn't really interested but I was getting desparate)

The Cingular 8125 is nice. I'm happy with it. If you're in need of a pda/phone combo and you need it to sync up with your car, this is a pretty good compromise.

For phone only use, the razr's still the best phone I've ever had. Thin and light is definitely the way to go.

DHF
03-11-2006, 04:18 AM
Re Sony Ericsson S700I ... By removing all contact data from the handset and using the sim card data only, the phone works fine with late model BMW's ...Data transfer and all voice functions

I would not be surprised if this method will work with many different phone models, i think that it is email addresses that will cause problems ...although I have not tested this theory thorougly, if you were to transfer phone numbers only to these phones into the phone address book, chances are the connection will be fine.

phineasgage
03-11-2006, 11:28 AM
I've had limited success pairing the Sony Ericsson Z520 to my 2005 325i (old body style). Although the intial pairing process went smoothly (via "Add Bluetooth Device" route), the phone and car only pair about half the time. When I turn the car on, if I'm lucky, my phonebook appears when I press the R/T button and I can make and receive calls flawlessly (sound quality excellent - except the one time I goofed and left the sunroof open!). The other 50% of the time, pushing the R/T button results in the annoying "Activate Phone" message appearing on the dash despite the phone's bluetooth being on and active. I've even tried pulling over, shutting off the car and/or the phone for a couple minutes, and restarting everything without success. Basicaally, when I leave for my morning or evening commute, I know within the first minute whether I'll be able to use BlueTooth ... it's all or nothing for the remainder of the journey.

Not sure why this is... maybe I'll try re-adding using the Handsfree option as John describes. I even entertained exchanging this phone for a Razr, until they were recalled yesterday. Any tips would be appreciated, specifically, any start-up routine (i.e. starting the car with the phone off or on, phone open or closed, key positions, etc) that reliably gets Bluetooth to work.

Thanks,
PG

Hi RCNet....

Just wanted to report that even though the Sony Ericsson Z520 is not on BMW's list, I successfuly paired it (do it from the Tools/Bluetooth/Handheld option in the phone, as opposed ot the "Add Bluetooth Device" option.

I haven't tried all the features yet, but I was able to see my address book listings, make a call via the car microphone/speaker system. It's very cool.

John

phineasgage
03-11-2006, 02:14 PM

sentinel2005
03-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Has anybody had success in pairing, uploading address book and connecting all the time with the SE Z520 and the 2006 325i? If not I guess I have to go upgrade to a Razr.

xspeedy
03-11-2006, 03:37 PM
Has anybody had success in pairing, uploading address book and connecting all the time with the SE Z520 and the 2006 325i? If not I guess I have to go upgrade to a Razr.

Buy it, try it, and return it if it doesn't work. I have an unlocked SLVR that works, so that is another Cingular alternative.

My SE T637 worked very well, and I suspect the Z520 should as well.

BringsMeWomen
03-12-2006, 04:15 AM
Anyone have the PEBL yet?

wagonman
03-14-2006, 02:32 PM
phones? verizon pushes them and i like them besides. has anyone gotten an LG phone to function with bluetooth? thanks

Paco II
03-17-2006, 05:07 PM
I am using a SE W600 in my 2005 325i with almost no problems. Pairing is fast, phonebook download is super fast.

Only small issue is that the volume control does not 'hand off' automatically to the car. To clarify, my first call after getting in the car will have very low volume, and the steering wheel controls do not make it louder. But all I have to do is press the up or down volume button on my phone during the call, and then I get full volume and volume control with the car. Subsequent calls then work, until the car is turned off. It's definitely a small and liveable issue.

Keep in mind that there are many variations of the BT module, and then within each variation, there are different generations. I know that the first gen combo module (assist+bt) was very problematic. I had that one, and replaced it with a newer model.

I've had limited success pairing the Sony Ericsson Z520 to my 2005 325i (old body style)....

fginneba
03-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Phone model: Cingular Blackberry 8700c
Car model: 2001x5 (with ulf retrofit from advancedautovations, 552 ULF)

I was able to borrow a phone, pair it, and see that the phonebook downloaded. FYI.

phineasgage
03-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Keep in mind that there are many variations of the BT module, and then within each variation, there are different generations. I know that the first gen combo module (assist+bt) was very problematic. I had that one, and replaced it with a newer model.

Forgive my ignorance, but does this involve upgrading bluetooth hardware, software, or both? How much does this cost?

FYI, my z520 is pairing with my '05 325i only 10% of the time. I tried some of the above suggestions (i.e. adding as a handsfree, running off the sim card, etc) but it didn't help. I'll be exchanging it for a razr tomorrow... though problem may be with my car's bluetooth rather than the phone.

-PG

hawk123
03-23-2006, 08:22 PM
For BB 7100t users, read the following thread on the e60 forums

http://forums.e60.net/lofiversion/index.php/t17068.html

GiXXer GiMp
03-25-2006, 07:17 PM
Anyone know why BMW doesn't have any Samsung phones on their "Compatible" list? :dunno:

Has anyone tried the new Samsung SCH-A950? By "trying" ... I mean in your bimmer. :D

Forgive my ignorance but im a newby. Can anyone tell me if the samsung d600's phone book can be viewed. I can use the phone to dial and recieve calls but not search. It will display the number on an incomming call but not the name as it appears in my phone.....:mad:

hawk123
03-27-2006, 10:19 AM
For BB 7100t users, read the following thread on the e60 forums

http://forums.e60.net/lofiversion/index.php/t17068.html
Just an update to let BB 7100t users know, that I upgraded my OS to 4.1 and have been successful in synching the Phone book.

stiffy1
03-29-2006, 02:53 PM
Phone model: Motorola Razr
Car model: '06 525
[Y ] ability to make/receive calls
[Y] phone book automatically synches to car
[Y ] dial by name (without verbal training of system)
[Y ] calling name display (using adddress book)
[N ] ability to send/receive SMS[/B]

Dealer synched for me both times (I had to replace the first razr after it decided to go through the washer - not a good idea). It's all good.

Daddy-X
04-01-2006, 11:05 AM
I have 4 Motorola bluetooth phones, all different model (V-series and Razr) and they all work perfectly in my 550i, just as the BMW manual says they would, including sync of the phonebook.

Presley348
04-01-2006, 11:13 AM
cool. If you don't mind me asking you this, but how much $$$ did your BMW dealer charge you to hook it up?

Thanks in advance...

Sincerely,
R. Eddie Presley

Daddy-X
04-01-2006, 12:10 PM
Nothing. MY06 550 has blue tooth as standard equipment. All you have to do is configure it to look for blue tooth devices and setup a PIN for each device. Takes 2 minutes.