PDA

View Full Version : Is X3 Air Conditioning Strong Enough to Reach Dog in the Way Back?

jabud3@aol.com
11-13-2004, 06:35 AM
We are considering the X3, but want to keep our large Germ Shep in the very back. I was disappointed that the X3 does not have a center a/c console in the 2nd row seats. So the question is whether or not the front a/c is powerful enough to reach the dog in the very back.

What do you all think of the power of the X3 a/c?

beware_phog
11-16-2004, 06:49 PM
We are considering the X3, but want to keep our large Germ Shep in the very back. I was disappointed that the X3 does not have a center a/c console in the 2nd row seats. So the question is whether or not the front a/c is powerful enough to reach the dog in the very back.

What do you all think of the power of the X3 a/c?
It is a dog.

flynhawaiian
11-16-2004, 07:56 PM
ROFL, dog will be fine without air blowing directly on it. Seriously :)

It is a dog.

Ryouko
11-17-2004, 04:35 AM
I've got a german shepherd too, he should be fine, though, it may be a little small for him in the cargo space behind the seats... we have a small female, and we'll end up putting the seats down for her and putting her in a crate so she's not crammed in that little space behind the seats. The a/c should be good, just provide plenty of water.

Hey, don't make fun of people wanting their dogs to be comfortable, they are as much a part of our families as your kids, or even your car, if you dote on yours as much as I dote on mine.

flynhawaiian
11-17-2004, 06:24 AM
My dog is the same way, but understanding why they need ac isn't really there. Just put the window down in the back to some nice level and they will be more happy. Typically as long as the ac is on, the car will reach some equpilibrium temperature throughout the car. The dog will be fine. Get one of the seat protective things if the dog will be in the car though. That way it protects the car.

I've got a german shepherd too, he should be fine, though, it may be a little small for him in the cargo space behind the seats... we have a small female, and we'll end up putting the seats down for her and putting her in a crate so she's not crammed in that little space behind the seats. The a/c should be good, just provide plenty of water.

Hey, don't make fun of people wanting their dogs to be comfortable, they are as much a part of our families as your kids, or even your car, if you dote on yours as much as I dote on mine.

ed325i
11-17-2004, 07:37 AM
It is a dog.

Dogs can get heat stoke too. My wife is a vet who works in an ER practice.

Ed

Ryouko
11-17-2004, 08:31 AM
Typically as long as the ac is on, the car will reach some equpilibrium temperature throughout the car. The dog will be fine. .

Agreed, I prefer to have the windows down as long as it isn't too hot so the pup gets fresh air!

Here she is my .:R32 (and the 330ci - soon to be replaced with the X3 - in the background)

http://www.torakun.net/kona/konapics/Dsc00871a.jpg

flynhawaiian
11-17-2004, 09:24 AM
Cute :)

Agreed, I prefer to have the windows down as long as it isn't too hot so the pup gets fresh air!

Here she is my .:R32 (and the 330ci - soon to be replaced with the X3 - in the background)

smokeminside
11-17-2004, 11:24 AM
when phog wrote "it is a dog" he meant the quality of the A/C :) ! And I love dogs.

Seriously, seconding earlier posts, the a/c should be no problem at all. The dog, and any other life form, would be fine in the back, as long as they fit comfortably.

jabud3@aol.com
11-17-2004, 11:39 AM

ADORABLE PICTURE!!!!
Thanks to all of the dog lovers out there!