PDA

View Full Version : Took delivery on 2005 X3 3.0 today

FireFly
11-13-2004, 11:36 AM
Last weekend my wife and I decided the X3 was definitely going to be her next vehicle so we spent this past week calling around to see what dealers had in stock and at the VPC.
We gave the list of options/colors to each dealer and asked when they would be able to get one, what would the selling price be and what would they give us for trade in.

On Tuesday I got a call from BMW of West Springfield saying that the combo we wanted arrived at the dealership that day. We had already negotiated price for vehicle and trade in so I knew up front how much it would cost me. This also happens to be the same dealer I purchased my 330xi from 2 years ago...

So my wife and I set out this morning (with 3 inches of snow on the ground) to make the 130 mile drive W. Springfield MA. Here is what we got:

2005 X3 3.0
Titanium
Black leather
light birch wood
Step
Roof
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Tow package (installed)
Heated Steering wheel
Privacy Glass

All we can say is WOW! The vehicle looks stunning in Titanium and I can't get over how well the light birch wood looks with Black leather.
We took turns driving the vehicle home and I am completely impressed with the X3 :)
It handles much like my 3 series sedan and you can hardly notice you are in an SUV. It is smoother and more quiet at highway speeds than my sedan and seems to have just as much pep. The moonroof is completely awesome!!!

The 2005 seems to have heavier doors than the 2004 which seemed honda civic like to me (no offense to 2004 owners but it seems as though BMW made a change here) and the door pulls (interior) are pretty cool.

I'll clean it up (salt and water on roads) and will post a few pictures tomorrow.
And once again the purchasing process was more than a pleasure when dealing with Grant Goodwin and BMW of West Springfield, MA.

Now I'm thinking about Euro delivery and trading in my 330xi for the X3. :)
-Joe

flynhawaiian
11-13-2004, 02:21 PM
Don't get two of the same cars :) Why not do a euro delivery on a 545 :) or the new e90 3 series. The suv is great, but having an m5 orr m3 in the garage enxt to her would be all that more grand :) :violent:

Last weekend my wife and I decided the X3 was definitely going to be her next vehicle so we spent this past week calling around to see what dealers had in stock and at the VPC.
We gave the list of options/colors to each dealer and asked when they would be able to get one, what would the selling price be and what would they give us for trade in.

On Tuesday I got a call from BMW of West Springfield saying that the combo we wanted arrived at the dealership that day. We had already negotiated price for vehicle and trade in so I knew up front how much it would cost me. This also happens to be the same dealer I purchased my 330xi from 2 years ago...

So my wife and I set out this morning (with 3 inches of snow on the ground) to make the 130 mile drive W. Springfield MA. Here is what we got:

2005 X3 3.0
Titanium
Black leather
light birch wood
Step
Roof
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Tow package (installed)
Heated Steering wheel
Privacy Glass

All we can say is WOW! The vehicle looks stunning in Titanium and I can't get over how well the light birch wood looks with Black leather.
We took turns driving the vehicle home and I am completely impressed with the X3 :)
It handles much like my 3 series sedan and you can hardly notice you are in an SUV. It is smoother and more quiet at highway speeds than my sedan and seems to have just as much pep. The moonroof is completely awesome!!!

The 2005 seems to have heavier doors than the 2004 which seemed honda civic like to me (no offense to 2004 owners but it seems as though BMW made a change here) and the door pulls (interior) are pretty cool.

I'll clean it up (salt and water on roads) and will post a few pictures tomorrow.
And once again the purchasing process was more than a pleasure when dealing with Grant Goodwin and BMW of West Springfield, MA.

Now I'm thinking about Euro delivery and trading in my 330xi for the X3. :)
-Joe

gojira-san
11-13-2004, 05:05 PM
The vehicle looks stunning in Titanium and I can't get over how well the light birch wood looks with Black leather.You had a nice day for a drive in country - get to test out the xdrive on the slush and crud on the road! I saw an 'X' today with the light birch and black leather - I wish they had that combo for my 330xi instead of the dark myrtle wood. Congrats on the new vehicle!

FireFly
11-13-2004, 05:15 PM
You had a nice day for a drive in country - get to test out the xdrive on the slush and crud on the road! I saw an 'X' today with the light birch and black leather - I wish they had that combo for my 330xi instead of the dark wood. Congrats on the new vehicle!

A fest member is selling a birch wood trim package for the 3 series. After seeing how nice it is on my wife's X3 I am tempted to get it for my 330xi :)

One more thing about the X3- the tires are pretty darn beefy :) They appear to be a lot wider than the stock tires on my 330xi.