PDA

View Full Version : i have joined the other side

REV1
11-13-2004, 05:15 PM
I am 17 and both of my parents own mercedes and they saw it fitting to for me to drive a E class benz :thumbdwn: i needed somthing with more everything. so i found myself a 97 528i black on tan i love it. i need information on angel eyes cost and is it somthing i should have installed or can i do it myself[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black]

gojira-san
11-13-2004, 06:36 PM
Welcome to the 5 family!

OEM Hella angel eyes look slick but are not cheap. Part of the cost depends on if you have halogen or xenon bulbs (don't remember when xenon was available - my '99 has em) and if you stay with the same type of bulb.

From what I've read in other posts, I think halogen upgrade to xenon AE is in the ball park of $1200-$1500, xenon to xenon AE is $1000-$1200 and halogen to halogen AE is $800-$900. Again, other people may chime in with better prices. I'm happy enough with my non AE xenons so I can use that cash for other things ;)

PhilK
11-13-2004, 07:28 PM
97 Black on Tan is exactly what I have and coincidently I just went the Angel Eye route. I think you'll be much more pleased with the look, I did it myself and I really didn't know what to expect but I am really pleased with the end result . The Angel Eyes that I have were purchased off Ebay for around $650 from pavrac (many people buy the xenon angel eye kit off him). However, the headlights I got were projection ellipsoid ones. This basically means that my headlights aren't the kind that only the little circle lights up.

zerofighter
11-13-2004, 10:21 PM
I am 17 and both of my parents own mercedes and they saw it fitting to for me to drive a E class benz :thumbdwn: i needed somthing with more everything. so i found myself a 97 528i black on tan i love it. i need information on angel eyes cost and is it somthing i should have installed or can i do it myself[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black]

Welcome to the dark side. :D :eeps:

dagoo98
11-15-2004, 08:49 AM

If you are mechanically inclined you can definitely do it yourself. Remove the old assemblies only involves taking out four screws and replacing the new ones is equally easy. The only semi-difficult part is the wiring. If you are upgrading from halgen to xenon you might want to have someone do it unless you are very familiar with wiring. If you aren't doing a conversion and are going from halogen to halogen or xenon to xenon I believe you only have to splice the park light wire because you have to also use that to power the halos. besides that its plug and play.