PDA

View Full Version : GREAT dealer to recommend in Bay Area

ssaslow
11-14-2004, 09:15 PM
I just picked up a X3 this weekend after many weeks of doing research and calling around to find a good place to buy. The winner is a guy named Bill Cuerten of Freemont BMW just north of san Jose CA. (No, I am not his brother or anything!)

Bill worked very hard to track down the specific car, color, options I wanted- found it and got for me asap from Southern CA, was really straightforward with pricing and such, no typical games, and was very knowledgable with the car on delivery.

If you are in the Bay Area, I can only highly recommend Bill. Send him a email at CuretonB@autonation.com.

It is nice to find a sales guy who works hard and doesn't try to jerk you around, which as we know can be more the norm when buying a car.

Please let me know if you don't have a quality experience for any reason, but I would be very surprised.

Happy shopping,
Scott

2005 X3
bluewater, grey leather
premium, xenon, navigation (this is very cool!), automatic, privacy glass

AutoXer
11-14-2004, 09:38 PM
I actually had a good experience with Bill also. Best quote from any Bay Area dealer off the bat and follow-up well.

MitchH
11-14-2004, 10:16 PM
I had a recent excellent experience with Russ Smyth at BMW of Mountain View. They had a large inventory of '04 X3s and the whole purchasing experience was easy and direct with no BS.

I think that the Fremont dealership and the Mountain View dealership are essentially under the same management.

Mitch

jrp
11-15-2004, 08:21 AM
ssaslow --- how was the deal on the trade-in side?

I'm still trying to decide what type of vehicle to get next but I did spend some time talking X3 with Bill Cureton also. I also liked his straightforward approach to pricing and is very knowledgeable...definitely not the type of sales person who would give you that blank deer in the headlights look if you tested him by asking him to expound upon the differences between an M3's SMG and the SMG from a 5-series.

ssaslow
11-15-2004, 02:59 PM
I had a toyota for a trade in, and found that all BMW dealers were offering between $1K and $2K BELOW what toyota dealers offered to buy my used car, so I didn't do the trade in with BMW Freemont. I bought the new one from BMW Freemont, and next day went to trade in the toyota at a local dealer.

For some silly reason, I thought that a dealer wouldn't want to buy your used car unless they are also selling you a new one, but I now know that this is actually a great source of profit. Bottom line- "de-coupling" the buy and trade in can save you serious money.

fuzzielitlpanda
11-15-2004, 06:34 PM
i requested a quote from fremont BMW, but the internet manager (named Simon) only gave me a list of 04 X3's they still had available. My family is in the market for an 05 since there are some slight changes between 04 and 05 that make the 05 a little bit better and they're about the same price, according to www.kbb.com. What kind of offers did you guys get for your X3, if you dont mind me asking?

Also, can you guys help me contrast between the 2004 and 2005 X3 2.5i? Would it be wiser to get a 2005 over a 2004? From reading some responses on this forum, if my understanding is correct, the 2005 is priced lower then the 2004 in order to encourage sales. Is that information correct?

Sorry to cap on the thread. I'll make a new one soon when i get more information about the car and have further questions.

petsounds
11-15-2004, 06:55 PM
Hey Scott... Congrats on the new X3. Great color combination! We also have the Bluewater w/grey and aluminum. Enjoy the drive.......

jrp
11-16-2004, 02:52 PM
fuzzielp --- the quote was 1K over invoice on an '05. I believe the more significant price breaks are with the 3.0's (a comparably equipped 3.0 will not cost that much more over a similar 2.5)...if you're looking at a 2.5, you might get a screaming deal on an 04.

smokeminside
11-16-2004, 04:04 PM
is accurate....

fuzzielp --- the quote was 1K over invoice on an '05. I believe the more significant price breaks are with the 3.0's (a comparably equipped 3.0 will not cost that much more over a similar 2.5)...if you're looking at a 2.5, you might get a screaming deal on an 04.