PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Protection

rsh
11-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Now with making the decision to get the all clear angel eye Hella assemblies with the feedback I received here - THANKS!, I was wondering if anyone out there has tried any of the urethane sheets used to protect the lights or even the frontend of the 5 series BMW's. Has anyone tried these with good or bad results? I figured it would be good for lights even though I'm more tentative about putting the urethane sheets directly on the paint since I worry about it yellowing the paint after several years. The BMW dealer near me said they had a trade-in with this yellowing effect. It was on a non-BMW trade-in.

Thanks,
RSH

dagoo98
11-15-2004, 02:07 PM
Now with making the decision to get the all clear angel eye Hella assemblies with the feedback I received here - THANKS!, I was wondering if anyone out there has tried any of the urethane sheets used to protect the lights or even the frontend of the 5 series BMW's. Has anyone tried these with good or bad results? I figured it would be good for lights even though I'm more tentative about putting the urethane sheets directly on the paint since I worry about it yellowing the paint after several years. The BMW dealer near me said they had a trade-in with this yellowing effect. It was on a non-BMW trade-in.

Thanks,
RSH

I believe the 3M protection come with a warranty that covers this potential yellowing. Don't quote me on that but its something for you to research.