PDA

View Full Version : Rant about how BMW(NA) is handling Bluetooth...

flynhawaiian
11-15-2004, 03:22 PM
I am sure everyone in here is sick of this conversation, I am too. I am tired of how BMW is treating its 2004 Customers by just simply blowing them off. When I purcased this car, bluetooth was a viable option. It was one of the deciding factors in the car. I love the performance of the car, I love how my dealer treats me. I don't like the attitude that I am receiving however about how BMW is handling this problem. I was told that October was going to be the month when the retrofit kit would be available. Still hasn't happened... Now they tell me that don't know if one will ever be available. So what do we do? Those of us who really want to keep bmw assist are left with one option, keep it or take it out and go bluetooth only. I like the fact that someone is watching over me! I like the fact that if I get in trouble someone can possibly come to my help and potentially save my life. But should I have to deal with never having bluetooth in my car? No!!! Ironically enough its something that could be fixed in one day. A software programmer for bmw needs to sit down and figure out what bug was written in the code to fix this. And while they are at it they can enable the mp3 playback on the cd player. But no we are all left with broken promises by BMW that a retrofit kit will soon be available. BAH!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Just FIX IT and let us proud owners continue to love our cars.

And another thing I don't see what the big deal is about letting us, USA people order mirrors that are available for our cars. WTF does it matter, its our choice let us buy them if we want to, instead of having to fly to europe to get them... GIVE ME MY DANG CONVEX MIRRORS FOR MY CAR :(

I know I am not the only one in this situation. Other people want these features and they are denying us of them. If anything BMW should kiss our feet because we were the test croud for these cars. If you need another test car to try these features on LET ME KNOW I WILL DO IT TO HAVE THESE FEATURES... ARG...

Thanks for reading, maybe something will come of this????

:violent:

Terry Kennedy
11-15-2004, 03:47 PM
Ironically enough its something that could be fixed in one day. A software programmer for bmw needs to sit down and figure out what bug was written in the code to fix this. And while they are at it they can enable the mp3 playback on the cd player. But no we are all left with broken promises by BMW that a retrofit kit will soon be available. BAH!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Just FIX IT and let us proud owners continue to love our cars.The combined assist / bluetooth module is different from the older, individual parts. Your dealer should be able to swap it, though if this isn't a sanctioned change, many dealers won't want to get involved.
And another thing I don't see what the big deal is about letting us, USA people order mirrors that are available for our cars. WTF does it matter, its our choice let us buy them if we want to, instead of having to fly to europe to get them... GIVE ME MY DANG CONVEX MIRRORS FOR MY CAR :(The various E46 mirrors (split, etc.) are available from US dealers - but they're available because enough people asked for them over time that the parts were added to the US parts system. The X3 hasn't had that sort of time go by, yet. If you have the part number(s), have your dealer phone BMWNA in New Jersey and ask to have them added to the US parts system.

flynhawaiian
11-15-2004, 03:50 PM
I did and nothing came of it. The parts are in the system, but cannot be ordered. I was BMW would sanction this swap and just allow everything to work. (I got a bluetooth card with the car :( )...

The combined assist / bluetooth module is different from the older, individual parts. Your dealer should be able to swap it, though if this isn't a sanctioned change, many dealers won't want to get involved.
The various E46 mirrors (split, etc.) are available from US dealers - but they're available because enough people asked for them over time that the parts were added to the US parts system. The X3 hasn't had that sort of time go by, yet. If you have the part number(s), have your dealer phone BMWNA in New Jersey and ask to have them added to the US parts system.

Terry Kennedy
11-15-2004, 03:53 PM
I did and nothing came of it. The parts are in the system, but cannot be ordered. I was BMW would sanction this swap and just allow everything to work. (I got a bluetooth card with the car :( )...Which parts - combined Bluetooth + Assist or the mirrors? Also, what do you mean by "in the system"? They'll show up in the ETK, but to be orderable in the US they need to be added to the ADP dealer system.

This is definitely do-able, as I've had a number of parts added that way.

flynhawaiian
11-15-2004, 03:58 PM
They are in the system, but could not be ordered. I had them call BMW NA and they refused to add the parts to order them. No idea why, but thats what happened.

the mirrors are a seperate issure, but also need to be deblt with.

BMW Assist and Bluetooth should be functional together and they should allow us to have these features :(

Which parts - combined Bluetooth + Assist or the mirrors? Also, what do you mean by "in the system"? They'll show up in the ETK, but to be orderable in the US they need to be added to the ADP dealer system.

This is definitely do-able, as I've had a number of parts added that way.