PDA

View Full Version : Bmw Assist And Bmw Bluetooth Petition

flynhawaiian
11-19-2004, 08:03 AM
Due to recent developments I believe this is the right course of action to get the word out that we want support...

http://www.petitiononline.com/mc1981/petition.html

Woody
11-19-2004, 09:19 AM
Come on people! Sign up-I want to use my bluetooth phone! I had to wait for Verizon, and now BMW?! I can understand Verizon, but BMW? Come on.

FirstBMW
11-19-2004, 09:34 AM
I just got an 2004 X3 the other day. First of all, can someone please point me to a full discussion of the problem (or attach a service bulletin).

Second, I knew very little about the Bluetooth capabilities when I bought the case. My salesperson said that I could use a Bluetooth phone though, and he even gave me a list of phones that would work. Was this BS? :dunno:

If it was BS, I'll sign the petition and help however I can. Thanks.

FirstBMW
11-19-2004, 09:41 AM
just found the thread that explains. I guess I need to check my production date to see if I am hosed too...

scottcan
11-19-2004, 10:29 AM
I just signed the petition! I did receive a card with my X3 that had the vehicle's BT ID number on it so I naturally thought my system was bluetooth compatible. In addition, my sales guy at Rusnak BMW was touting the ability to make calls over the BMW assist sat link. Still not sure what he meant bt that? He was the nicest guy before the sale but has yet to return any of my calls! It seems that after the sale the only thing he was concerned about was that I "make sure" that I give him all 5's on the BMW after-the-sale survey.

Not very impressed with BMW so far.

flynhawaiian
11-21-2004, 08:27 AM
Come on guys over 66 people read this so far. Lets get it going, we have 62 signatures. Please sign it, the more signatures. The better our cause. Even if it doesn't do something, its good to show BMW that we can ban together and are willing to fight for our cause.

I just signed the petition! I did receive a card with my X3 that had the vehicle's BT ID number on it so I naturally thought my system was bluetooth compatible. In addition, my sales guy at Rusnak BMW was touting the ability to make calls over the BMW assist sat link. Still not sure what he meant bt that? He was the nicest guy before the sale but has yet to return any of my calls! It seems that after the sale the only thing he was concerned about was that I "make sure" that I give him all 5's on the BMW after-the-sale survey.

Not very impressed with BMW so far.

TripleX5
11-22-2004, 08:11 AM
Come on people! Sign up-I want to use my bluetooth phone! I had to wait for Verizon, and now BMW?! I can understand Verizon, but BMW? Come on.

I totally agree. Spent $70k+ for my X5 and no BlueTooth? :confused: :bs: :tsk:

flynhawaiian
11-22-2004, 08:54 AM
Yah I had to wait for verizon too, then bmw. God when will it end. Verizon needs to get the V710 fixed for full bluetooth capabilities. And BMW needs to fully integrate assist and bluetooth. :violent:

I totally agree. Spent $70k+ for my X5 and no BlueTooth? :confused: :bs: :tsk:

TripleX5
11-22-2004, 09:22 AM
Yah I had to wait for verizon too, then bmw. God when will it end. Verizon needs to get the V710 fixed for full bluetooth capabilities. And BMW needs to fully integrate assist and bluetooth. :violent:

Looks like you and me are fighting the same battles. I have the 710 as well. :mad:

X5Jay
12-10-2004, 10:26 AM
Due to recent developments I believe this is the right course of action to get the word out that we want support...

http://www.petitiononline.com/mc1981/petition.html
I think the petition is great and I've signed it myself, but I'm curious, is there a cutoff date for sigs? And what's the next step? Let's keep pushin'! :freakdanc