PDA

View Full Version : halogen AE lights replacement bulbs

REV1
11-21-2004, 09:51 AM
i have brand new AE halogen lights in my 97 528 but i would like to change the bulbs to somthing like an h7 bulb just a little more whiter. what bulb can i use and how do i install

and while im on the topic of headlights mine need to be adjusted really bad they like point straight down on the ground if anyone has some info on that as well it would be much appriciated

schreck
11-21-2004, 10:31 AM
Silverstars are incredible compared to my previous halogens. I'd say go for those. Haha-to have mine installed I just went over to Advanced Auto Parts and had them do it. :dunno: :thumbup:

rsh
11-22-2004, 09:57 AM
i have brand new AE halogen lights in my 97 528 but i would like to change the bulbs to somthing like an h7 bulb just a little more whiter. what bulb can i use and how do i install

and while im on the topic of headlights mine need to be adjusted really bad they like point straight down on the ground if anyone has some info on that as well it would be much appriciated

I changed out my low beams and fog lights to the PIAA H7's (Xtreme White) and they work great. The end may be coated but they are like the name says, extremely bright. I stand 20' in front of my car when it's starting to get light out in the morning and I'm blinded by them. Night and day compared to the halogen bulbs. In fact, I replaced them only on my low beams at first. They made such a radical difference in whiteness and brightness that it was a noticeable difference compared to my fog lights. It was distracting visually (it is a beamer and should look good) that I went ahead and changed the fog bulbs out to PIAA H7's as well. Now they match and look great.

It's pretty hard to go much brighter than these since they're the latest in bulb technology. I believe they measure around 4700K. You would need to have HID's to be brighter where it would be noticeable. Any other bulb may be higher in the Kelvin scale but it will be so slight that it won't be noticeable. This is where marketing comes into play.

Later,
RSH

REV1
11-22-2004, 09:57 PM
As to the beams pointing to low, solution is quite simple. Just go get your self some 20 inch rims and put 205/85/r 20's ON THE FRONT ONLY, this should get your beams pointing just right. :bigpimp:

and while im on the topic of headlights mine need to be adjusted really bad they like point straight down on the ground if anyone has some info on that as well it would be much appriciated[/QUOTE]