PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best wax for dark colours?

Fifty_Cent
11-24-2004, 08:49 AM
Pinnacle, P21S, ??????

:dunno:

TOGWT
11-24-2004, 09:48 AM
~One man’s opinion / observations~

Product Choices:
What are the criteria used to choose one product over another?
1.Aesthetic value (How does a product ‘look’ on a particular colour paint)
2.Ease of application (Is it easy to apply, does the residue buff off easily)
3.Durability (How long will a product last and go on proving protection)

The aesthetics of a vehicles appearance is very subjective to say the least (beauty is after all in the ‘guy’ of the beholder) the only best Wax or Sealant that really matters is what looks 'best' to you. It really does all come down to; 85% preparation, 5% product 7% application methodology and the balance is in the ‘guy’ of the beholder.

Ease of application and durability are both very easily researched through either product use experience or detailing forums. A manufacturer is free to place any claim of excellence he wants on his product to make it sell, judge products on their merits rather than personal preference, brand loyalty or emotions.

Finally-“ It’s the surface preparation that makes the most difference, not the product”.

~Hope this helps~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted [each one / teach one]
justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ JonM

johnnygraphic
12-13-2004, 10:14 PM
I just used Pinnacle Souveran paste wax on my Imola Red 330. Went on like wiping butter on my car. It rubbed off just as easy.

Very wet, very shiny.

Only regret, there's no practical way to do this with a polisher. Not that it's hard to apply or buff off, but, I'm itching to use my Porter Cable

Johnny

BrianS
12-17-2004, 10:48 PM
I use Pinnacle Souveran paste wax on my orient blue 330i. I love it for dark colors.

jetstream23
01-13-2005, 06:56 PM
I use Pinnacle Souveran paste wax on my orient blue 330i. I love it for dark colors.

Do you use it after using something like Klasse AIO? Also, about how long does a hand application of Souveran take on a 330i? My Jet Black 330i ZHP shows up next week and I'm leaning towards a Klasse AIO, SG, Souveran regimen.

Pictures?

Much thanks.

BahnBaum
01-13-2005, 08:41 PM
Do you use it after using something like Klasse AIO? Also, about how long does a hand application of Souveran take on a 330i? My Jet Black 330i ZHP shows up next week and I'm leaning towards a Klasse AIO, SG, Souveran regimen.

Pictures?

Much thanks.

Prolly takes longer to apply on a ZHP..... :p

Alex

Alex Baumann
01-14-2005, 03:35 AM
Another vote for Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax. It's amazing.

jetstream23
01-14-2005, 09:31 AM
Prolly takes longer to apply on a ZHP..... :p

Alex

Ha...yeah, that darn aero package !!!!

Test_Engineer
01-16-2005, 10:46 AM
I use the Kalsse twins and Pinnacle Signature series. It looks great and I just couldn't get the wife to understand a $70 jar of wax, so I opted for the $35 Signature seris which seems to apply and work very similar to what I have read about the Souveran.

Anyone done a side by side of Souveran and Signature series? I'm a little curious what the extra $30 is all about!

jetstream23
01-20-2005, 05:15 PM
I use the Kalsse twins and Pinnacle Signature series. It looks great and I just couldn't get the wife to understand a $70 jar of wax, so I opted for the $35 Signature seris which seems to apply and work very similar to what I have read about the Souveran.

Anyone done a side by side of Souveran and Signature series? I'm a little curious what the extra $30 is all about!

Not sure but if you like how it works and you save $30 to keep the wife happy then :thumbup:

Test_Engineer
01-20-2005, 10:06 PM
Not sure but if you like how it works and you save $30 to keep the wife happy then :thumbup:

I save $30 on 1 jar of wax and she blows $200+ at a scrapbook/stamping show :dunno: I tried to argue the fact that I do the detailing myself to save a little $ and learn something new....and can't you buy cards at Halmark for $1 :dunno: I almost slept in my car that night.

jetstream23
01-21-2005, 01:16 AM
....I almost slept in my car that night.

And you're saying that's a problem??? :p

A few reasons why a car is better than a woman...

1. It may cost $28 to feed but you only have to do it once a week.
2. Her engine always purrs when you touch the right spots.
3. A car doesn't get jealous when you look at other cars.
4. ALL of the time spent with a car is "quality time".
5. You can spend 8 straight hours watching football on a Sunday and the car will still be there outside...ready, willing and able.

No offense to the ladies on this board...just having a little fun.

johnnygraphic
01-25-2005, 11:15 PM
And you're saying that's a problem??? :p

A few reasons why a car is better than a woman...

1. It may cost $28 to feed but you only have to do it once a week.
2. Her engine always purrs when you touch the right spots.
3. A car doesn't get jealous when you look at other cars.
4. ALL of the time spent with a car is "quality time".
5. You can spend 8 straight hours watching football on a Sunday and the car will still be there outside...ready, willing and able.

No offense to the ladies on this board...just having a little fun.

And, you're the only one with the key!

jetstream23
01-26-2005, 01:28 AM
And, you're the only one with the key!

Nice. Actually lots of guys have "keys" but only mine works with it :D