PDA

View Full Version : UUC SSK diy problem

McMannusBMW
11-24-2004, 08:10 AM
hey guys,

i'm doing the uuc evo 3 ssk on my 528i e39 right now, and i had a difficult time pulling the carrier arm out. i was able to get the pointed end of the carrier arm back into the rubber grommet, but i'm unable to get the carrier arm to fit in place on the other side. you guys have any suggestions? UUC suggested loosening the transmission cross-brace bolts, but it hasn't helped. brute force would work, but i'd rather avoid it if possible.

tiy,
mcmannus

Lscman
11-25-2004, 06:48 AM
hey guys,

i'm doing the uuc evo 3 ssk on my 528i e39 right now, and i had a difficult time pulling the carrier arm out. i was able to get the pointed end of the carrier arm back into the rubber grommet, but i'm unable to get the carrier arm to fit in place on the other side. you guys have any suggestions? UUC suggested loosening the transmission cross-brace bolts, but it hasn't helped. brute force would work, but i'd rather avoid it if possible.

tiy,
mcmannus

I'd like to help, but my experience with carrier install involves evo3 with Getrag 6spd. Call Rob Levinson at UUC. Carrier removal and intallation is tricky. Replacing the bushings and installing the ssk is well-worth it. It should shift better than a new Z4 when you're done.