PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Question

Lansing
11-26-2004, 10:34 PM
All,

I love my Zaino, but that said, I haven't been as crazy about applying coats during the moderate SoCal summer and spring. I put a coat on every 3 months or so. I committed to Z from the start, taking my ZFX, Z2 and Z6 to do my ED a couple of years ago. The stuff has served me well!

Since it has been wet down here recently, my other car (black) was going to the car wash and needed a coat of Z. I didn't realize this, but I hadn't used the ZFX for awhile. Today was a nice mild day--perfect for a new coat! So I went outside and got the car washed. To my dismay, when I looked at the ZFX, it had gone bad. It looked like a glob of rubber glue or something :cry: It was a brand new bottle that I apparently had for nearly a year.

Anyway, cheapo me tried to squeeze the gob into a bottle to mix with with Z5. It didn't really work and it came out chunky. I spread it on just hoping it would work. Bad move. The stuff was really hard to take off (unlike normal Z applications) and left an oily haze.

Has anyone else done this (I doubt it), and if so, what was the remedy? Also, I am thinking I should try the Z1 instead since I seldom do more than a coat or two at a time.

Thoughts?

Appreciate it...
Lansing

ljh824
11-27-2004, 07:25 AM
Did the ZFX harded after you dropped some into the wax? Or did it harden in the "dropper?" think once you drop some into the wax to use it, it's only good for a few hours after that.

Lansing
11-27-2004, 07:40 AM
Did the ZFX harded after you dropped some into the wax? Or did it harden in the "dropper?" think once you drop some into the wax to use it, it's only good for a few hours after that.

It actually hardened within the blue dropper. The frustrating thing is that I saw $20 of the blue ZFX stuff turn into an unusable glob.

F1Crazy
02-05-2005, 11:55 PM
I'm wondering what is the shelf live of ZFX, mine turned into this solid glob in less than 2 years. I was really pissed when I tried to mix Z2 with ZFX and couldn't squeeze a drop because it turned solid. I was bragging about Zaino for months and promised Propellerhead that we're gonna use it on his silver "beast". It was kinda embarrassing especially since we already washed the car with dawn. I don't have Z1 so I just used Z2, it dried and buffed fine so I hope it will bond properly. We're gonna put another coat tomorrow. Prop didn't look very impressed... :(

Alex Baumann
02-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Wow, that sucks. I don't know if Alee still has his Zfx stuff somewhere.

That said, give Sal a call and tell him about the problem. Let's see what he has to say about it.

F1Crazy
02-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Wow, that sucks. I don't know if Alee still has his Zfx stuff somewhere.

That said, give Sal a call and tell him about the problem. Let's see what he has to say about it.
I just found out that shelf life of ZFX is 18 months if stored in cool dry place.

Alex Baumann
02-06-2005, 10:29 AM
I just found out that shelf life of ZFX is 18 months if stored in cool dry place.

Hmm, that is kinda short, IMO.

That means, Zaino is (indirectly) forcing you to use the product more often than you may want to. Considering their advice to use 'less product', I wonder how long would it take to finish a bottle of ZFX

Lansing
02-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Hmm, that is kinda short, IMO.

That means, Zaino is (indirectly) forcing you to use the product more often than you may want to. Considering their advice to use 'less product', I wonder how long would it take to finish a bottle of ZFX

I agree. I don't have the time to figure it out, but even as someone who keeps multiple coats on two cars, I've had the ZFX go bad before I've been able to use it up. The local distributor checked their records and my ZFX was over 18 months old so I re-ordered.

Like others, the disappointment is prepping a car and getting ready for a new coat of Z only to discover my ZFX is GLOBs! Maybe that's why Z1 is still an alternative.

PropellerHead
02-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Prop didn't look very impressed... :(Not to worry, my friend.. ZFX and a few other goodies on the way! :thumbup:

Have you heard ab the new "Z8"? Supposed to be a detailing spray to end all detailing sprays!

ktc
02-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Have you heard ab the new "Z8"? Supposed to be a detailing spray to end all detailing sprays!

:freakdanc
oh cmon you are going to tell us more aren't you?

Alex Baumann
02-13-2005, 08:11 AM
Hmm, never heard of the Z8 yet. Is it new ?

PropellerHead
02-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Hmm, never heard of the Z8 yet. Is it new ?'under development' Not even sure it's going to be called Z8.

Weaselboy
02-13-2005, 08:58 AM

M U S T have some... where did you hear about it?

F1Crazy
02-13-2005, 08:59 AM
Alex, can you find some pics of your car with Zaino on it? Just wanted to show Prop what I mean by highly reflective finish. :D

Alex Baumann
02-13-2005, 09:08 AM
Alex, can you find some pics of your car with Zaino on it? Just wanted to show Prop what I mean by highly reflective finish. :D

Hehe, are you kidding, it's on the Autopia Gallery under the Most Popular Section :D

http://autopia.org/gallery/

Here is my old baby :

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/66406020012.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/66406020010.jpg

PropellerHead
02-13-2005, 09:12 AM
Hehe, are you kidding, it's on the Autopia Gallery under the Most Popular Section :DLets see BARNEY that clean! C'mooon you KNOW you want to!

Alex Baumann
02-13-2005, 09:14 AM
Lets see BARNEY that clean! C'mooon you KNOW you want to!

This is Pinnacle Souveran

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/664souveran1.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/664souveran5.jpg

PropellerHead
02-13-2005, 09:45 AM
This is Pinnacle SouveranYour thoughts between the two?

Alex Baumann
02-13-2005, 09:55 AM
Your thoughts between the two?

Durability : Zaino
Deeper/wetter shine : Souveran

While the Zaino has a great shine, the carnauba Souveran has a richer and deeper wet look. If you are going to baby the car and keep it in the garage, I'd recommend Souveran.

That said, people have used Souveran as a topper over Zaino with great success. Durability and deep shine together, what can you ask more ? :)

PropellerHead
02-13-2005, 09:58 AM
Durability and deep shine together, what can you ask more ? :)I will not order more product, I will not order more product I will not order more product, I will not order more product, I will not order more product,I will not order more product,I will not order more product,I will not order more product,I will not order more product,I will not order more product,I will not order more product,I will not order more product,I will not order more product,I will not order more product,I will not order more product....

Alex Baumann
02-13-2005, 10:07 AM
I will not order more product, I will not order more product I will not order more product, I will not order more product, I will not order more product,I will not order more product,I will not order more product,I will not order more product,I will not order more product,I will not order more product,I will not order more product,I will not order more product,I will not order more product,I will not order more product,I will not order more product....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You know you want it :D

F1Crazy
02-13-2005, 10:15 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
At least this time I had nothing to do with it!

Alex Baumann
02-13-2005, 10:34 AM
At least this time I had nothing to do with it!

Hey you started it !! :p :angel:

TeamM3
02-25-2005, 08:26 PM
'under development' Not even sure it's going to be called Z8.

are you sure you aren't referring to Z2 PRO :dunno: it was released in December:

Z2 PRO news release (http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=PRO)

PropellerHead
02-25-2005, 08:29 PM
are you sure you aren't referring to Z2 PRO :dunno: it was released in December:

Z2 PRO news release (http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=PRO)Nope. I have that stuff. This is a new spray detailer.

Lansing
02-26-2005, 06:19 PM

Z2 PRO news release (http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=PRO)

Has anyone tried the Z2 Pro? The stuff lasts soo long, I have over a bottle of the original left. I'm satisfied with it but would sure like some independent comparison or just random thoughts on how the Z2 Pro works out.

Thanks, all...

Lansing

F1Crazy
02-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Propellerhead just bought Z2Pro and we put it on one of his cars today. We did clay, Einszett Paint Polish and 2 coats of Z2Pro with ZFX, hopefully tomorrow we'll add 3 more coats. It's hard to tell if it looks any different from old Z2, to me it doesn't, however I think it was easier to remove it than the old formula. The temperature was in the 50's but it dried almost immediately. ZFX probably had something to do with that but from what I remember old Z2 never dried so quick, even when applied with ZFX in the summer.
Just like you I have almost full bottle of the old stuff but I don't plan to buy new formula, it doesn't make sense to me.

Today Prop's wife applied 2 coats to half of the car and I don't think she's ever waxed the car in her life. She applied it like a pro and made it look so easy that it reminded me of how great and user friendly Zaino is. Many people are turned off by the fact that with Zaino you have to take additional steps and many will use it just like carnauba wax and run into trouble with both application and removal. I still can't figure out why :dunno: .

TOGWT
02-27-2005, 10:24 AM
Nope. I have that stuff. This is a new spray detailer.
Z2PRO and the new detailer (Z8?) awesome
(See Roadfly.org for test pics)
JonM

icemanjs4
03-14-2005, 11:56 PM
Stupid question from a newB, but I've been reading lots of posts about Zaino. I also read up a lot on their web site. So after applying the Zaino Z2 with ZFX a few times, I won't need to wax the car? so you can actually get by without every applying wax if you go with the zaino system? Thanks.

PS using search for Zaino will yeild a billion results. If any of you have bookmarked specific threads that are useful, please let me know. Thanks!!!

FenPhen
03-15-2005, 02:26 AM
Stupid question from a newB, but I've been reading lots of posts about Zaino. I also read up a lot on their web site. So after applying the Zaino Z2 with ZFX a few times, I won't need to wax the car? so you can actually get by without every applying wax if you go with the zaino system? Thanks.Zaino Z-2 is a synthetic protectant that is an alternative to wax. They both serve similar purposes, protecting from the elements and providing shine. Applying Zaino is basically like applying wax, but no, you don't apply wax afterward (though, IIRC, some people do).