PDA

View Full Version : i need help.....!

REV1
11-27-2004, 02:03 PM
:cry: debadging... ok i have a 97 e39 and i read alot about debadging and i went to do it and it looks horrible i have major halo effect and the 8 year old glue actually took some of the glue off with it can some one help me. i figure at this point im gonna have to pay to get it alright

thanks for your help

PropellerHead
11-27-2004, 02:57 PM
:cry: debadging... ok i have a 97 e39 and i read alot about debadging and i went to do it and it looks horrible i have major halo effect and the 8 year old glue actually took some of the glue off with it can some one help me. i figure at this point im gonna have to pay to get it alright

thanks for your helpTry a clear coat safe rubbing compound. I used 3M's on my recent X5 detail. If you mistyped that some of the PAINT was removed with the glue, you might be able to use touch up paint to repair it. Rubbing compund followed by a nice polish may help remove some of the etching, Good luck!

Paul A
11-27-2004, 07:32 PM
Hwy Buddy, that's what you get for debadging it. Like - what's the point? :confused:

PropellerHead
11-27-2004, 09:11 PM
Hwy Buddy, that's what you get for debadging it. Like - what's the point? :confused:Lets not start THAT discussion again. :thumbdwn:

Here's the cliff notes:

Some like debadging some don't. Everybody has their own opinon and their own reasons for it. In the end, it's your car do what you like. :blah:

See there? Wasn't that easier?

Modzilla's_5er
12-01-2004, 05:12 AM
Hwy Buddy, that's what you get for debadging it. Like - what's the point? :confused:

Hey Buddy, I can sympathize with your plight. After purchasing my 528 this year one of the 1st notions I had was to debadge. (V8 envy) I have not done so yet but as there is a slight scratch on the rear decklid I was planning on getting the area or entire deck lid repainted and installing the lip spoiler. I'm thinking that a reputable collision repair center should be able colormatch and feather blend the area, although they'll probably try and sell the bigger job of repainting the whole car and then just the whole decklid. You may just have to chunk down and get it done. I'm sure you'll be glad you did in the end. Until then best of luck and ride with pride. At least you're still driving a bimmer. That's more than most can say. :bigpimp:

ap53
12-02-2004, 07:31 AM
Greetings,

Almost every car that I owned I always shaved some symbols thatís just me, any way my old car that I did that was my 97 528i when I took that off and cleaned with something call Goof Off this product removed that right off and wax job right after that and my car look like that was never there.

Patrick
12-02-2004, 07:40 AM
My POS E39 came without a badge, so I added one. I was hoping that M5 drivers would avoid trying to race me. :eek:

In retrospect, I should have asked for a 518i badge instead. At least then, no 19 year olds with their mother's 316ti would try to race me (and win). :eeps: