PDA

View Full Version : Windshield crack

oj5
11-29-2004, 09:03 AM
I live in Chicago and I picked up a CPO 2002 530i yesterday. I love it. 18K miles and I paid $35K for it. Thought it was a good deal with Xenon and heated steering etc.

Anyway my first day out with it and after I get out of the mall, I see a small crack/chip on the windshield. I would like to take care of it. Any sugestions to get rid of it, beyond ofcourse replacing the whole windshield? Feel crappy considering its a new car. :cry:

Salvator
11-29-2004, 12:19 PM
I live in Chicago and I picked up a CPO 2002 530i yesterday. I love it. 18K miles and I paid $35K for it. Thought it was a good deal with Xenon and heated steering etc.

Anyway my first day out with it and after I get out of the mall, I see a small crack/chip on the windshield. I would like to take care of it. Any sugestions to get rid of it, beyond ofcourse replacing the whole windshield? Feel crappy considering its a new car. :cry:Get it repaired... often covered by your insurance with no deductible... They'd rather pay somebody $75 to fix it, then $500+ to replace it... I used these guys, but I doubt they will come to your neck of the woods... I'm sure you can find similar locally...

www.chipdr.com (http://www.chipdr.com/)

rcw1126
12-03-2004, 07:30 PM
I learned through first-hand experience that that E60 windshields are subject to developing a crack that has nothing to do with wear-and-tear. Instead, it stems from a manufacturing fault and is subject to warranty coverage.

If your windshield crack begins at the side molding, you should take it to your dealer and ask them to compare it to others like mine. My '04 E60 was the 5th such vehicle whose windshield was repaired under warranty by my dealer.