PDA

View Full Version : Ding removal advice please...

FunnaFoSho
12-19-2001, 07:31 AM
I have a small ding on the roof of my 3er about 4 inches from the rear window. NE1 know the process for paintless dent removal? A friend that knows a guy that does this said he would have to get to the underside of the ding with some tool by sliding it under (or over, which ever way you see it) the headliner? Does the process (what ever the means) really remove the ding to the point where it can't be found/noticed? For some reason I feel like it would be better to leave it than to make it worse in the opposite direction. Your knowlede/experience would be helpful.

TIA

johm_330Ci
12-19-2001, 07:49 AM
Paintless dent repair works well. They push out the dent from the inside, and push it back in from the outside. I've seen it done of a friend's A4, and it looked good as new.

All my dents have chipped my paint also, so i haven't tried it. Good luck

DocSmith325i
12-19-2001, 11:57 AM
I just had a small dent removed from the driver side rear fender of my 325i by Dent Wizard. It took the guy less than 15 minutes to remove the dent using various tools which push the dent out from the inside. The dent is completed gone; you can't even tell there was a dent! The cost was $150.00 vs. a local bodyshop quote of $750.00. Ask your local BMW dealer who they use for PDR work. Paintless Dent Repair is the way to go.:)